Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 311 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 341 reviews
on November 18, 2015
We got this weapon backpack to go with my son's ninja costume for Halloween. It added a very cool touch to his costume, and made him feel ultra ninja like. The only downsides are that the swords are hollow, flimsy plastic, so they did end up getting bend/kinked pretty quickly, the sai have to be pushed in pretty hard, otherwise they want to slip out. It's a great addition for a ninja costume.
review image
on April 13, 2017
Great set for the price - but be prepared for the weapons to split almost immediately. My son bought this set without us knowing and then when it arrived, we agreed that he could pay for it with his own money given that the weapons were cheap and somewhat flexible (and with ample promises not to whack his brother and so forth).

So here is what you get: Out of the box, the swords were slightly bent - this was due to the packaging from the manufacturer, not Amazon. The plastic is very thin and the weapons are constructed out of two halves, so the seam splits easily after the weapon bends a few times. Once our kids realized that the swords bent, they started to bend them intentionally, by the way. Of course, they were disappointed that the weapons seem to be breaking, but not enough to actually stop playing with them. The handles to the swords are actual thread wrapped around the end, so the swords feel nice to hold and look nice. These have held up really well, I am surprised to say. The harness is made of webbing and there is a plastic holder that sits comfortably between one's shoulder blades. My sons like the harness - they add it to their TMNT costumes and sometimes also pretend to be (human) ninjas. Interestingly, given how low quality these toys are, we are not worried about the boys hurting themselves or others. So, 3.5 stars... cheap, but well-loved.
on November 3, 2015
They looked good. My 9 year old was very happy when they arrived. Only problem was that they were extremely flimsy. A little more bend in the plastic would help these swords from cracking in the first "battle". They were for a Halloween costume so they weren't going to be played with much but while my child played with a friend for a few seconds, one sword cracked after 2 impacts. They weren't hard swipes either. IF you need a sword for show, this is your sword. Just don't try to use them in any type of play.
on October 3, 2013
I ordered two sets of these, really I ordered them to finish off my kids Halloween ninja costumes, I have a 6 year old boy and a 4 year old boy, I gave it to them early so they could enjoy it and they haven't been able to put them down. They are absolutely in love with these toys. Sure as some reviewers stated it is hard for the kids to reach around and grab the sword while on there back but I just taught my kids if they used there hand to push the sword up from the bottom where the blade is then they can make it where they can grab the handle. And of course the swords are flimsy plastic so I mean just like any toy of this style expect some bending and creasing in the plastic, but for $12.00 really? I mean you just can't beat the amount of play time they get from this ninja kit compared to the price. They have only had it for about a week and if it broke tomorrow I would probably purchase another for them just because of the price. I could spend $50 on a toy that they would play with less and end up in a closet somewhere or just $12 and let them have a blast it is not a hard choice to make. All in all I would say if your kid likes ninjas or ninjago or anything of the like this will keep them entertained and is well worth the little bit of money it costs.
on February 10, 2017
My kids love this but one of the sais broke after less than a day of play and the ribbon around one of the handles was frayed out of the box (fair amount of packaging for something that is not very big). The kids are still playing with these (I bought 2 sets) but craftsmanship is poor and I will try to return them.
review image
on March 10, 2017
Meh... these did not last past a week with a active 5 year old. He pretty much split them from day one and just played with them until I had to toss them in the trash. The holder was nice, this has lasted a while longer and his new swords go into the holder just fine.
on December 29, 2014
My son said other reviewers were wrong (when I tried to talk him out of buying these based on other reviews)---it works and he loved it! I personally think it was an overpriced piece of plastic junk but in the eyes of my 7 year old it was gold and he was rocking these with his ninja costume!
on November 19, 2016
This was good for my daughters Halloween Ninja costume but the long swords are very flimsy, like what I would expect to get from a sword from the Dollar Tree. Basically they are to wear as an accessory and not play with at all because they bent immediately.
review image review image
on March 23, 2017
The sword bent within 5 mins of use. The two small swords came off the mount.
on April 17, 2017
Was a kid's play sword, but my boyfriend had no complaints. We are going to Planet Comic Con. Will do just fine for his first time, Deadpool cosplay.