Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping
Just ship to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Build a variety of unique tools from materials you gather, and rebuild towns and cities to restore life to the shattered world of Alefgard
- An intuitive control system will have you building the towers and castles of your dreams in no time
- Play your own way-an immersive DRAGON QUEST story and world to explore, combined with the freedom of sandbox gameplay, provides a new and exciting, family-friendly experience
- Battle with famous monsters from the DRAGON QUEST series and interact with gorgeously designed 3D characters
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Now it’s up to you, a Legendary Builder chosen by the Goddess herself, to return the power of creation to the people and rebuild Alefgard. Only when the wonder of imagination has been returned will mankind be able to overthrow the evil Dragonlord once and for all!
BUILD FOR FUN. Gather materials, craft items, and build everything imaginable!
BUILD FOR ADVENTURE. Play through a tale of epic proportions in a sandbox world packed with memorable characters and dangerous monsters.
BUILD TO SAVE THE WORLD! Use the power of creation in battle against the reigning Dragonlord and restore peace to the shattered realm.
- Supported Platforms: PlayStation Vita
PlayStation account required for game activation and installation
From the manufacturer
Dragon Quest Builders
- Build For Fun: Gather materials, craft items, and build everything imaginable!
- Build For Adventure: Play through a tale of epic proportions in a sandbox world packed with memorable characters and dangerous monsters.
- Build To Save The World!: Use the power of creation in battle against the reigning Dragonloard and restrore peace to the shattered realm.
Craft hundreds of items and buildings to your heart's content.
Huge Open World
Explore a vast open world spanning across a variety of locations within the Dragon Quest Universe.
Rich Story and Exciting Combat
Experience a rich story and battle monsters both big and small.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
First off the game is almost like minecraft, there is no leveling up but quests do unlock more new islands with new monsters ores and herbs that you can collect to make better armor and weapons. You have a hunger meter, you have health, you have a town you must save!
So lets go to the pros and cons
- minecraft clone in the sense that there are blocks you can mine you can build, has a crafting system
- Camera angles are perfect whether you go in a cave or inside an enclosed house
- Lots of places to explore! with random big bosses in certain areas!
- The game is on Vita, is portable and runs smoothly
- There's a Dragon ball z reference somewhere in the game.
- You'll be spending time farming monsters and materials to proceed
- You get a mode that lets you craft to your hearts desire after the first chapter. Called Terra incognita
- There's replay value in terms of challenges to be completed.
- Your towns can level up!
(COULD BE A SPOILER FOR SOME)
-The game is broken into chapters when you finish one chapter you completely leave all your items and buildings behind to go start fresh in the next chapter, I spent a good 2 hours building my base after the boss only to find this out.
- If you walk into a monster it automatically damages you
- After finding out all your items disappear chapter to chapter you have less attachment to your town and bases.
- Found materials I couldn't use in the chapter
-There's a strict etiquette when it comes to building rooms in the town, personally I make it how I like but if you add floors it won't add more points to your overall town level.
I bought this game for 20$ when It was on sale, for that price this game is defiantly justified. I would recommend this to anyone reading this if you can get it for cheap.
I love this game. I've always wanted to like sandbox games where I can build whatever but I'm horrible at figuring out what I want to do. This game has a story and keeps you on track. You have the freedom to do what they ask right then or go off and do what ever, but the fact that there's goals there to go back when you aren't quite sure what you should do is great. It does have more limitations than Minecraft does so you won't be building things quite as high and you won't be digging quite as deep, but they've made this game fit into the DQ series lore wise. I don't really know how to describe it, but this game just works. It's fun, and while it's not that' challenging, it does a good job at giving 'quests' to make you feel like you're progressing.
I never cared much for the complete directionless nature of Minecraft, but this really balances that out by introducing quests, objectives, town-building, NPCs, etc. This all gives you a sense of direction and achievement that isn't completely decided by you alone, which is nice. That said, if you want to roam or do whatever you want (with some limitations compared to Minecraft) then you're certainly free to. I had practically built up my starting town almost right away, even though quest-wise it probably didn't make sense until a little later. It was just fun though.
And the fun leads me to what I love as a DQ fan - the theme. This is thoroughly Dragon Quest, not just a reskinned Minecraft clone. The world, and story, is a "what if" twist on the game where evil had in fact won. This is interesting, but also gives it a real root in the DQ universe instead of just being its own thing completely separate and off to the side.
And the music is great - it's a nostalgic blast especially for us long time fans. That moment you leave the starting cave was a really nice scene when the music kicks in.
Probably my only two complaints are: 1) the control scheme, and 2) the camera. I've heard the controls can be changed on the Vita settings side of things, but I haven't checked that out yet myself. And the camera can sometimes be a real pain when you enter confined spaces. Takes some getting used to.
And as has been said, the code arrived quickly and was easy to redeem.
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category