Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
asked by Justin M. on October 17, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
Thank you for this question and answer! I had Dragon Naturally Speaking Home 12 in my shopping cart, but decided to read a few reviews first; after reading this I checked my computer and found that I have the Windows 7 Speech Recognition program... Yes, my computer is new, and yes, I'm still learning about it! I think I'll give it a try first before I buy this program. Thanks again to both of you.
Narcoleptyca answered on November 27, 2012
Comment | 18 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Dragon works much better than windows voice recognition, I am disabled and Dragon works with most software and the web.
Russell answered on November 30, 2012
Comment | 16 of 17 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Samuel answered on December 22, 2012
Comment | 15 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
google it and scidot rutgers dotedu or even better consumersearch dot com and you'll see that Dragon seems slightly better, but Windows 7 seems to work okay too. Mostly positives for each side. One comment I read a lot: "the one thing that drove me nuts about the Windows voice recognition is that it only worked on Microsoft software." I assume this is true, I don't know from experience. But some people don't like Dragon, and are perfectly happy with Win 7. Win 8 may be better. Just seems more folks like Dragon more than Win 7
Amazon Customer answered on November 9, 2012
Comment (1) | 17 of 19 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes the programs are similiar. dragon is more comprehensive and can be used with a wireless mick. the systems work off of speech patterns of the individual. the more training the more accurate the interpretation. dragon does provide better training and it's accuracy appears to be higher than the windows version in the newest edition dragon 12.
Prof. Paul D. McDermott answered on December 13, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you are going to use voice recognition to it's fullest extent I recommend Dragon. If it is for limited personal use you may find the Windows solution acceptable. I am a Dragon 11.5 prof user and find Windows too limiting for my cross application usage, editing, and accuracy expectations.
Claudia Wittner answered on February 20, 2013
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I never used windows voice recognition but Dragon comes with a headset and the software which is worth 50 bucks. Dragon works with everything we have on our computer-Outlook, Word, Text Edit, Firefox.
Fritzair answered on January 12, 2013
Comment | 7 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Suzanne Ferris answered on October 31, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mike A answered on May 7, 2016
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
can i run dragon 12 home version on my mac that has OS 10.7.5?
Joan J. answered on January 2, 2013
Comments (4) | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product