Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-10 of 33 reviews(2 star). See all 835 reviews
on April 6, 2015
There is no suspense. The heroes have no flaws, and are never in any real danger despite how epic the situations they encounter. After the first dozen or so chapters you realize that the characters are invincible. From then on it doesn't matter how many draconian armies, or fierce dragons they face, they'll walk out of the battle without a scratch. There's even one part where (Spoiler) one of the character's die, and, surprise-surprise! They just happen to run into a healer that brings the hero back to life.
on October 26, 2017
Library Binding is a paperback with a small glossy four-color hard cover added. The size of a paperback.
Super cheap paperback - print shows through, tiny text size, smells like a cheap paperback.
It would be a sad library that has these bindings.
on September 18, 2014
First let me state that I love the book itself. I have read the Dragonlance series many times. That being said, trying to listen to this audiobook is almost painful. The reader has no idea how to properly read aloud. He emphasizes and pauses sentences in strange ways an places. It is almost seems disjointed at times. On top of that he is fairly monotone. I have listened to several of the Dresden Files audiobooks and would recommend them to anyone. However if I wanted to get someone interested in the Dragonlance books, this would not be the way I recommend them to experience it. Leave this alone and pick up the book. It will be FAR more rewarding.
on February 4, 2016
I'm sure I've read worse, but I can't think of any at the moment. The plot is predictable and the characters unbelievable, the comedy dry and ridiculous. I'm a fan of the Death Gate Cycle, but not this.
on November 11, 2014
Although I sort of knew this was based on a fantasy gaming premise, the sheer number of books written & sold in the series encouraged me to give the series a try.

I'm not quite sure what I expected, but I know I didn't expect amateurish writing, slopping plotting, and bad pacing. I didn't expect a constantly shifting POV so that you're never quite sure which character's head you're in at the moment. I didn't expect an aimless storyline. I didn't expect half-formed characters who were only occasionally more than one-dimensional.

This reads more like a first draft than a finished book. It needs a LOT of work to be what I'd consider a decently written book.

I won't be reading any more in this series and am sorry I wasted part of a gift certificate on buying this one.
on March 7, 2018
D&D folk always think their quests are good stories. I'm sure that's probably true sometimes, but not this time.
on April 22, 2001
While I'm out of step with most reviewers, I found Dragons to be an unconvincing read. The authors do not spend the time to create a realistic historical, geographical, linguistic, or anthropological background for their world or Krynn and its inhabitants. The religions are especially underdeveloped, given the central role that they are intended to play in the good versus evil quest. Rather they take the shortcut of relying on achetypes from Tolkien and TSR to guide their readers: elves, mages, dwarves, etc. The sole new entries are Kenders and Gully Dwarves (good guys), and Draconians (bad guys), and those only serves to highlight how unimaginative the authors were. The overall impression is of unoriginality and cliche.
Further there are several loose ends not tied up at the end. Raistlin and Caramon's half sister Kitiara, who ominously failed to show for the long planned meeting at the book's openning, never reappears to play a role. Why then do the authors introduce this plot twist? The "person" to whom Goldmoon is to deliver the disks of Mishakal, probably he is Berem the Green Gemstone Man, has no ultimate role despite being set up as the quest of the book.
Perhaps these are to be resolved in subsequent volumes. But the effect is unconvincing. I for one won't read on to find out if there is any redemption to be had, that is too high a mountain for them to climb.
on October 5, 2017
Book binding was loose
on October 22, 2015
got bored
on October 20, 2013
This was like Lord of the rings written by a 15 year old. It felt like 600 pages of story were jammed into 450.