Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Twin Dragons (Golden Crown Series Book 2)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

on July 13, 2013
OMFG! This quote from the book sums it up perfectly: "Terrible pasts only build two things...an amazing bridge to freedom or a gate to hell." Cuddos to Author Rue Volley for continuing the roller coaster ride in the second book, The Twin Dragons, of the Golden Crown Series.

Not only did this story slam you right off the bat from page one, it sends you through jolts of joy and shock and spiraling emotional loops throughout the entire story up until the very last word of the book.

Bethany and Ryan have such an amazing history and chemistry that plays a perfect tune in their warped lives, but now we have the twins, Cas and August, who add to the story line leaving you hanging on the edge by your seat as well.

With one hand, I chewed off fingernails and the other one had me clawing into my desk in anticipation of what was going to happen next. Just when you think you have something figured out, BAM, the story slaps you in the complete opposite direction. Total emotional mind-screw. I will definitely recommend this series to everyone I know. I fell in love with the characters and the writers unique style and cannot wait for book three. (less)
on July 29, 2013
Cover Rating: 3 Stars
Steam Rating: Nuclear
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

Spoiler-FREE Review:
The Golden Crown series is unlike anything I have ever read before. It is dark and twisted, but incredibly unique. To put it in a specific genre just cannot do it justice.

Yes I labeled it Erotica, and I believe that is the genre it is, but it is so much more than just sex. Yes it has it, but it is a darker, disturbing side of sex. Just like the characters in this novel, who are dark and disturbed.

Bethany is the narrator and the story is told from her perspective. But even the perspective is unique because she is telling you about her life and all the characters in it from a third person perspective--unusual yes, and also confusing at times. I believe it is meant to be this way to mess with your mind. Yes this story is a total mind f***, and that is the genre that I would place it in if I could.

The Twin Dragons is the second book in the golden crown series and is not a standalone. It begins approximately 16 "ish" years after the end of the first book. Bethany has changed from a cold-hearted almost sociopath to a loving mother. At the end of The Bitter End (which is appropriately named) her and Ryan were married, but it has been an empty marriage, void of any physical or emotional intimacy.

Even though I disliked much of what the characters did, and who they were in the first novel I still wanted them to find love and comfort in each other and live happily ever after. But like I said earlier this is a dark book with heavily disturbed characters who unfortunately are unable to truly love each other in any normal sense.

"His hatred for me was never ending or was it love? I cannot honestly tell you if I ever knew the difference. Does he? Will he ever?"

"I will make you want me. I know it is in you, Beth... I have tasted you on my lips a thousand times and your taste has never left me. I think of you no matter who is in my bed."

I do think Ryan loved her in a sick and twisted way, but it was the only way he knew how...

The twins have grown and are planning their 18th birthday. Are they going to be young versions of their parents? Bethany has pushed to put empathy and compassion into them--which was something she had little of growing up. She knows there is darkness inside of them, in their genes. And she tries very hard to offset that darkness--will she be able to? Or will their genetic makeup triumph?

"It is funny how that should be something that is hardwired into a human's fabric, but it is not. Empathy is something we acquire from our parents. It is something they can either instill into you or you never have it presented close enough to take hold. Mine was the latter."

This is not a romance--there is a twisted love story at its core, but it is very far from a romance, so do not expect that from this series. It is full of secrets, lies, deceit, betrayal, and even murder. It shows us the darkest possible side to tremendous wealth. I would call it mysterious, and definitely suspenseful. But never romantic...

"...I have my problems, if they can even be called that. Maybe I should refer to it as damaged, because I am. I am not looking for sympathy so don't even feel like I am digging, I know what I am and I embrace it as I should, just like you should embrace who you are. Don't try to tell me you have no evil dwelling in you. It dwells in the heart of everyone, some are just better at beating it down and some... like Ryan and myself, let it shape who we are."

I highly recommend this series to fans of dark and suspenseful reads. You will be shocked at every turn. And Rue Volley imagination and writing is brilliant!
This series is a trilogy, and book 3 is set to be released in August 2013.
~StacyHgg
Books Unhinged Book Blog
on July 13, 2013
This book is hotter and darker than the first! Completely amazing, the only word that comes to mind is WOW! Once I started reading I couldn't put this book down, so much dark twisted drama with hot sex scenes that keeps you wanting more. Just when you think Bethany and Ryan could work on their screwed up relationship, the writer throws you a curve ball and leaves you completely blown away.

This book is not your average love story. Every character has their own dirty little secrets, just when you think it can't get anymore worse it does, someone stabbing somebody in the back. Definitely a page turner and a great sequel to 'The Bitter End.'
on July 13, 2013
10*s I was given an ARC - Beta e-copy of Twin Dragons by the author in exchange for an honest review! Thank You Rue! I have since bought a copy to support the work of the author.

Wow! Where to begin? Rue definitely has done it again! This bad boy is Hawt, Dark and Twisted!! This second installment of the Golden Crown Series is better than the first in that the story line goes deeper and gets darker as it unfolds, grabbing my attention from the start and keeping me flipping the pages to see who was doing or saying what to whom.

The Twins are approaching their 18th birthdays, with upcoming events happening and situations causing the story line to twist and turn down paths that absolutely blew me away.

Full of anger, lust, betrayal, hot and explicit sex scenes. ICE WATER please! LOL I really enjoyed the way the author pairs up the characters throughout the story, the suspense and mystery is killing me, as there is more to come from the Golden Crown Series... Rue Bring it On! This has already become one of may favorite reads.

This series is intended for the 18+ Readers Only due to its graphic nature and content.

5 out of 5 Hearts
Lovetiggi's Book Reviews
on July 13, 2013
The Twin Dragons, book two of the Golden Crown Series by Rue Volley is a hot, dark and twisted tale full of intrigue, deception and sex, lots and lots of incredibly hot sex!
The story picks up again as the twins come of age, and boy do they bring the drama! Bethany and Ryan have spent the last 17 years married and hating each other, now, just as the boys are about to turn 18, life is about to change! Bethany finally meets someone real and starts to believe in herself and love again, she adores the boys she's raised as her own, and you think things might get better for her... But then Ms. Volley throws you for a loop and turns everything on it's head and what you thought you knew goes out the window!
This is a fast paced read and very hard to put down! One Note, if you are not open to same-sex couples or light bondage, this is not the read for you, because the Twin Dragons brings all of that and pushes the limits of the imagination!
Twin Dragons leaves you with a huge cliff hanger, and I am very much looking forward to book 3! I can't wait to see how this saga will end! For me it's a must read!!! Write fast Ms. Volley! Write fast!
on July 14, 2013
Rue has done it again with this awesome series. I could not put it down I had to know what happen next. The story picks right up from the first one. Bethany and Ryan has spent the last 17 years being married, hating each other. The boys are turning 18 years old and Bethany finally meets someone real and starts to believe in herself and to love again.Soon things get out of hand and leaves u off at the end wondering what will happen next. I could go on about this awesome book, but I do not want to ruin it for you all. If you have not read this awesome series you need to!!! Rue has done it again with this awesome series!! Now I can't wait for book 3 and to see what happens. This is a Must Read!!!
on July 17, 2013
Rue Volley is a sick, sick individual and I LOVE it. This book was so awesome! The craziness in the first book has nothing on this one! I mean, break out the psychotropics because man you will feel like you need them...or just a strong drink. Lol As always the writing never leaves you bored and the pace is like a rabbit on crack. There is always something happening throughout the story. It was just great, although short. Can't wait for part 3, but in the mean time READ THIS, NOW!!
on July 13, 2013
Bethany and Ryan are amazing! The chemistry continues from the first book. I bought this book this morning and couldn't put it down. It will not disappoint you at all. It is just as twisted as the first book. Though now I am going to be counting down the days for the last book. Rue Volley definitely knows how to leave you hanging and waiting for more!!
on August 19, 2013
**** EROTICA BOOK CLUB REVIEW ****

THE TWIN DRAGONS (Golden crown series) book 2

By Rue Volley

This book picks up years later as the twins August and Cas are approaching their 18th birthday. Beth has taken the role as their mother and Ryan being their father.

Beth and Ryan's relationship has fallen apart completely and they sleep in different rooms without being intimate. Ryan is sleeping around mostly with the maids that they employ.

August and Cas are very close with another set of twins Zane and Zoey. Cas is having a relationship with Zane but Zane is seeing August secretly. August is with Zoey, its a bit confusing but when your reading the book it all makes sense.

Beth meets an FBI agent Mani and there is an instant attraction but Ryan doesn't like it.

As with The Bitter End this is also a dark read but I am surprising myself and really liking Rues books. This one is no exception I do realise its not everyone's thing but I recommend you give them a try.

I however do feel that I should have refreshed my memory with The Bitter End before reading THE TWIN DRAGONS (especially when you read as much books as I do) because I then took me a while to remember the story.

The sex is a little sadistic and the plot has a few twists and far from predictable. The story is slowly coming together and without a cliffhanger but and ending that leaves you wanting more.

Thanks to Rue for giving me a copy in exchange for an honest review. I am looking forward to reading more from this series.
on August 6, 2013
The Twin Dragons is a continuation of one of the most twisted stories I've ever read. It continues to be as erotic, unpredictable, mysterious and as bluntly written as book 1. I strongly suggest anyone reading this review and considering reading the story themselves should first read The Bitter End before starting this one up so you have a better understanding of the whys of it all. Another addictive read that many fans of the genre looking for something new and different will enjoy.

We are brought further ahead in years in this book. Beth and Ryan are not at all what they used to be, not even close. They are now both adults and have gone through many changes. Some good, some not so good. Beth has raised Cas and August as her own children and loves them dearly. She treats them as if they are truly her own. But secrets come to be revealed, truths told, old hatreds lifted and new ones formed. Revenge is so sweet. But karma always has a hand at play and what a hand it is!

I really enjoyed the story and its characters, twists and turns. I'm hoping the author plans to continue the series because that ending left lots open to the imagination!