Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Dragons Love Tacos
Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 19, 2016
This book is not Chaucer (doesn't try to be, and that's fine!) We'd selected several little books for our grandchildren this Christmas, and while most of them contained more substantive messages, you know what they say about all work and no play! We chose this one for our 2+ year old grandson, a silly book with fun illustrations that we know he and his older brothers will all really get a kick out of! Most of the vocabulary is a bit over his head at this stage, but that's how they learn, and it sets up the perfect scenario for one of his older (4-1/2 & 8-1/2) brothers to enjoy reading it to him and maybe provide Mommy with a little break.

Well, of COURSE we all know that dragons love tacos - who doesn't love tacos? But what we may not know until reading this story is that dragons + tacos + spicy salsa equals dragons with attitude! One of the things I like is that the dragons I knew as a child (other than Puff!) were all very scary and the creatures of nightmares... but these are the funniest, friendliest looking dragons you could imagine, all of whom just LOVE tacos and just LOVE parties of any kind - just combine the two (into a taco party), and you're looking at some super happy dragons! Except... including any spicy salsa is a no-no, since we're all aware of what dragons are known for, and slipping - even accidentally - any spicy salsa into the mix would be like putting a match to a... uh-oh!

And how could a book coming from this combo of author/illustrator be anything other than fun? I had a good chuckle over the "recipe" included on the inside of the jacket for "making" this book... (author) "Adam Rubin: 8 oz. magic tricks, 4 oz. knock-knock jokes, 17 words per minute... In a small apartment, stir ingredients and store in New York City", along with (illustrator) "Daniel Salmieri: 4 tbsp. watercolor paint, 2 cups pencils (sharpened), 6 corn tortillas... Preheat Brooklyn, New York, to 75 degrees and bake for 27 years", then "Serve both dishes together for a delightful smorgasbord a la Robo-Sauce, Secret Pizza Party, and Those Darn Squirrels." VERY clever!
0Comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 1, 2012
I don't write many reviews because rarely does a product move me to the point of promoting it, but this book is the exception.

Having read the authors previous book, "Those Darned Squirrels", I immediately noticed when Dragons Love Tacos came to my local bookstore. Always wanting to save a buck I opted to purchase on Amazon.

The author has come a long way since writing about rodents. The images and story are HILARIOUS. This book instantly became my nephew's favorite (as well as my 2 friends kids, whom I also bought it for).

If you're looking for a very serious book that will educate your children about the socioeconomic policies of Asia, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a hysterically funny book about Dragons eating Tacos, I GUARANTEE you won't find a better option.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
33 comments| 526 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 27, 2017
Every 3-year old's favorite book. The art is weird, the story is weird and the book is perfect. It's funny, it's charming, it lets the kid in on a joke. I think stuff like this empowers children to read and that's the most important thing a book can do!
on November 2, 2017
I gave this book to my son as a birthday gift and he loved it. This book is now his favorite bedtime story. The cute and colorful drawings inside the book attracts kids and make reading more fun. Of course, this book might get your kid into eating tacos.
on November 24, 2017
My son loved it, thought it was funny! Older kids would be better for it, it is a little longer and requires more attention time.
on November 9, 2017
Just adorable! Very short story, though, so you only get about four minutes of downtime with this book.
on September 7, 2017
Very cute book, story is terrific and held the attention of my darling 3 year old granddaughter.
on November 15, 2017
WE LOVE THIS BOOK !!!! it's been read and read and reread. Not getting tired of it very soon.
on November 26, 2017
We used this book as the inspiration for our storybook pumpkin. The kids loved it and we can't wait for DLT2!
review image
on September 13, 2017
I love any kids book that is also fun for the parent to read. This is one of those.