Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

Dragons Love Tacos
Format: Hardcover|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 19, 2016
This book is not Chaucer (doesn't try to be, and that's fine!) We'd selected several little books for our grandchildren this Christmas, and while most of them contained more substantive messages, you know what they say about all work and no play! We chose this one for our 2+ year old grandson, a silly book with fun illustrations that we know he and his older brothers will all really get a kick out of! Most of the vocabulary is a bit over his head at this stage, but that's how they learn, and it sets up the perfect scenario for one of his older (4-1/2 & 8-1/2) brothers to enjoy reading it to him and maybe provide Mommy with a little break.

Well, of COURSE we all know that dragons love tacos - who doesn't love tacos? But what we may not know until reading this story is that dragons + tacos + spicy salsa equals dragons with attitude! One of the things I like is that the dragons I knew as a child (other than Puff!) were all very scary and the creatures of nightmares... but these are the funniest, friendliest looking dragons you could imagine, all of whom just LOVE tacos and just LOVE parties of any kind - just combine the two (into a taco party), and you're looking at some super happy dragons! Except... including any spicy salsa is a no-no, since we're all aware of what dragons are known for, and slipping - even accidentally - any spicy salsa into the mix would be like putting a match to a... uh-oh!

And how could a book coming from this combo of author/illustrator be anything other than fun? I had a good chuckle over the "recipe" included on the inside of the jacket for "making" this book... (author) "Adam Rubin: 8 oz. magic tricks, 4 oz. knock-knock jokes, 17 words per minute... In a small apartment, stir ingredients and store in New York City", along with (illustrator) "Daniel Salmieri: 4 tbsp. watercolor paint, 2 cups pencils (sharpened), 6 corn tortillas... Preheat Brooklyn, New York, to 75 degrees and bake for 27 years", then "Serve both dishes together for a delightful smorgasbord a la Robo-Sauce, Secret Pizza Party, and Those Darn Squirrels." VERY clever!
65 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on December 27, 2017
Bought this book a year ago on a lark for my then three year old and it is his favorite. He’s four now and has practically memorized it. Even our eleven year old laughs. It’s just a fun book about dragons who love tacos and what happens if they get spicy salsa. Parents - you will love because it is the PERFECT length for bedtime reading. It’s long enough to feel like you’re contributing to literacy but short enough that you aren’t groaning when your child hands it to you and it’s already 8 o’clock. Just buy it.
Top Contributor: Babyon January 7, 2018
Bought for a friend's child, but read it prior to wrapping. For being a NY times best seller I wasn't impressed. Book wasn't that cute, rambled on about weird stuff. I haven't heard a peep about it from my friend so I'm assuming they thought the same...
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 30, 2017
Quickly became our 4 year old son's favorite book! He loves all the little taco illustrations and the funny things the dragons do. He took this one to show and tell and had a great time showing it to his friends!
on January 16, 2018
I bought the book upon seeing a friend's son recite what taco toppings dragons love. So i got it for my 2-year old niece -- who now not onlyyells "dragons!!!" when she sees dinosaurs, but tells everyone that they LOVE tacos. It's all I dreamed of, when I bought the book. Five stars.
on June 21, 2012
This made my grandsons--aged 5 and 3--laugh out loud. A big success in the gift-from-grandma department. MY daughter, who has to read favorite books over and over, loved it too.
211 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2018
I admit I bought this book for my daughter because if the title. Who could resist a kids book about tacos. I was excited and given its a new York Times bestseller, I had high hopes. 8 found the book a little wordy and my daughter late interest quickly (she is 3 ). I ended up putting the book away and I will try again in a year or so.
One person found this helpful
on March 15, 2018
In a sea of garbage kids books... it was so nice to find something really cute and fun (FINALLY!) We have all of the classics, but have had a streak of bad luck in finding a quality, "new" book to read before bedtime! This book is darling and our little one loves making roar sounds when the dragons eat hot sauce.
One person found this helpful
on August 17, 2017
This is a great book. My 11 month old loves it, and her dad and I enjoy reading it as well. Something a bit different than the usual children's books! Beware, however, at how many times a week you will feel like having tacos for dinner. :D
on October 21, 2017
I teach in a heavily Hispanic area. My kids got so excited about the taco/salsa references! Sounds dumb, but they really got into it. We decided our next party will be a taco party instead of a pizza party.😂