Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Garth Brooks STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Dragonslayer
Format: DVD|Change

on May 5, 2015
Awesome flick.
on September 9, 2014
amazing images, beautiful story
on September 26, 2012
I'm just an average joe citizen, mom, older person, lol.... And I loved this. I have always enjoyed watching skaters but having broken my wrist falling off a STILL skateboard, lol, it isn't something I can do. I envy them. In any case, the movie delving into some of his life was so saddening and yet uplifting - very odd. His soul is obviously a bit tortured and he admits freely to depression and alot of kicks and thumps along the way. I don't know why his parents didn't intervene but I'm sure they tried. His girlfriend (is she still?) is about the sweetest thing ever, clearly just standing by him though he is definitely a bit self-centered. I feel for the ex, having to raise the child alone, too, whilst daddy just journeys and skates. But he comes around a little, the lil tot is adorable. LOL.... In any case, everyone has faults and it was gritty, tough, fun, hardcore, tender, sweet, sad... Just jagged and real. I've seen homeless situations and it's definitely hard to stay positive and succeed after that, especially with depression. You come away really hoping they all succeed, whatever happens. You gotta be there for your kids, people! :)
on December 3, 2016
Great skateboarding / punk rock documentary! Very raw. I think I saw it on HBO years ago and just found it again sitting on the shelf at the library. Ask your local library to order it for you if you would like to see it. Highly recommeded!
on September 26, 2012
It is a rare thing for me to log on to write a review, but having watched this film on Netflix (UK) last night, I felt I must. This film captures a rare spirit in the skateboarder 'Screech' - and captures him with such style, empathy, and understanding.

It looks beautiful, the warm shots capturing what it means to be young and against the grain.

And young and against the grain is what Screech is, in a powerfully authentic way - an artist, no less, living off of his work and noteriety, like all good artists should.

This film reminded me of the beauty of living a life on one's own terms, being true to oneself, and simply having a good time.

It is a warm and powerful social document, and gave me a lot of hope that life is not as boring as it sometimes seems.

I can't recommend this film strongly enough.
on November 22, 2015
Under-produced remake of the fantasy film classic misses all the wonder of the original film and lacks a dragon to equal the majesty of the 1981 monster. Frankly, I don't know why they bothered.
review image