Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 52 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
VINE VOICEon October 16, 2009
***This book is actually listed for 8yr and up. I noticed before ordering that it says it is for 4-8 yr olds but assumed that is was for older kids.***

This is a nice drawing workbook typical to this brand. It comes with the little plastic pencil case, a pen and pencil that are stamped with the Star Wars logo, a blue and black colored pencil, and an eraser(not what is pictured). I would have liked the dual colored pencils pictured in the description.

It begins with basic drawing steps, tracing, stick figures & shapes and then the details. There are pages to learn to draw all of the main Clone Wars characters along with troopers and droids. The book is meant to be drawn in but I think some extra tracing paper may be helpful for my son(8yr).

The drawings are very detailed and fairly advanced but it does have good instructions.
review image review image review image review image
on April 9, 2013
My very young entrepreneurial grandson told me this story about how he tried to get a barnes and nobles lackey to sell him this book for less money without the damaged drawing tools (he already has a plethora of art supplies gifted by his gramma who is a great artist in her own right). Well of course we all know that retail robots have no power to make any kind of decisions so his request was turned down. So my way to young to be such a star wars nerd grandson walked away in disappointment but still way to savvy to blow his hard earned money on more than he wanted just to get the half he does want... Anyway gramma kept this story in mind come Christmas time and ordered from Amazon at the price grandson had requested the book alone be reduced too and grandson was very smiley faced when he opened the package and gleefully cried "this is exactly the one I wanted to buy before" Oh if you buy this I advise you to buy an inexpensive pad of tracing paper along with it so you can follow the exercises without marking up the book.
on March 18, 2013
The artwork is cartoony and fun, and my 6 year-old loves it, though some of the artwork and activities are intimidating to him. For younger kids (6-7) you may have to walk them through some of the steps and get them started, though the book does a good job of breaking everything down. Thanks to other reviews, I bought a pad of sketch paper to go with this book. The book comes with sketch paper bound into the book, giving you one shot at each exercise. But most of the activities are more beneficial if you can practice them multiple times, so I definitely recommend using extra sketch paper.

The tools that come with the book are good quality, especially the eraser and drawing pen.

I recommend.
on June 19, 2017
Never ever showed up...waited 45 days, and it just never appeared.
on December 17, 2016
This is such a nice 'learn to draw' tool for my 9 year old Star Wars fan.
on December 21, 2012
My son is just hard to buy for. He is 10 and is very artistic, and when the computer paper I had on hand would not work to trace the images, he started free-hand drawing them! So he used the book once and put it down. I accidentally bought 2 of these and gifted one to another kid that loves Star Wars & drawing and he really loves it!
on December 8, 2015
I can't wait to give this to my Grandson for Christmas! He loves to write his own books and I am sure this will be a hit with him as he adds illustrations as well
on May 31, 2011
My 10 year old son has loved Star Wars his entire life. He constantly prints, colors and tries to draw Troopers & we have them glued all over our house. He LOVED this book! I was hesitant that being a 10 year old boy he would want something to teach him to draw but he was I think more excited about this than the Lego set he received. He couldn't wait to get his pencil out & start marking up the pages. He does love to draw so if your child has that interest already, combined with a love for Troopers, this will be well received.
on May 20, 2015
Fun projects
on January 14, 2014
I thought the book was as good as advertized. It includes pages for tracing over existing pictures. We gave it to my son for his birthday and at first I thought it was perfect for him. Unfortunately, it wasn't able to captivate his attention the way we had hoped. This is not really the book's fault, but the reason why I am only rating as 4 stars.