Dream Big...Why Not?!: One Woman's Journey To Success 1st Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
- Item Weight : 5.9 ounces
- Paperback : 122 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1979769818
- ISBN-13 : 978-1979769815
- Dimensions : 5.5 x 0.31 x 8.5 inches
- Publisher : CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1st edition (April 18, 2018)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,907,129 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Unlike a lot of inspirational books, Dream Big. Why Not?! is substantial. She tells you what it’s really like when you try to achieve your dreams. There are certain challenges all dreamers will encounter on their journey, and she writes about these in depth.
- Keeping the dream alive. That doesn’t happen by itself, the author tells us. Dreams must be maintained. She shares some useful methods.
- Every day doing something toward your dream. Her story shows what this actually looks like. It wasn’t what I expected, and it’s a lot more doable than you might think.
- The importance of building relationships. The author says we need each other to succeed, but what does that actually look like? Moriva shows how relationship building actually works. Turns out it’s a lot deeper than “networking.”
- Counting on obstacles. This book is all about encouragement, but one chapter describes the pitfalls of going after your dreams: the setbacks, rejections, and self-doubt. Obstacles on the journey are real, but she got past hers. So, there’s hope that we can too.
The author is a very positive and generous person, and this shines through in her book. She’s writing directly to us, the dreamers. She wants us to succeed. You feel it. For dreamers who tend toward gloom, this is very helpful.
Dream Big. Why Not?! and The War of Art are becoming touchstones that are always near the writing desk of this aspiring author and songwriter.
This book has a flowing, conversational tone and I appreciated how the book was structured: interweaving lyrics within each chapter, while navigating her journey and sharing tips and strategies along the way. She closes each chapter with useful nuggets of wisdom, solidifying the insights gained.
Though Moriva is a professional songwriter her insights can be applied to anyone who has a personal dream or goal they’ve yet to begin or fulfill. For anyone who may feel overwhelmed when there is a huge task at hand—this book reads like a best friend, cheering you on and showing you that your dreams, no matter how big, are achievable.