Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Dream With Me forum

Dream with Me in Concert PBS Special

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 264 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011, 12:13:10 AM PDT
M.Sims says:
No.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011, 12:13:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2011, 12:26:47 AM PDT
M.Sims says:
The June 3rd date doesnt mean anything until we can see it on our schedules of PBS in our area.

Posted on May 3, 2011, 6:31:22 AM PDT
Lisa E stated Jun 4, and Jun 3 needs to be corrected on off. website.
It showed up as verbiage slide on the EPK for DREAM WITH ME... (which can now be viewed in 1080p)

Posted on May 3, 2011, 6:35:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2011, 6:49:57 AM PDT
Does BGT show on the 4th? I think it is a Saturday Night.... would it not be neat to have them SKYPE a segment of BGT LIVE with Jackie singing there??? That would be TOO COOL.... (of course it would be live SKYPE or other method, but not LIVE at the time of the Great Performances showing...)

::: "LIVE, Earlier Today on Britain's Got Talent, Miss Jackie Evancho made her European debut with a wonderful performance of _________. Here is a look at this, now, intercontinental voice of the WORLD!!!!"::: ... then show the clip!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011, 6:42:40 AM PDT
M.Sims says:
I know but it could very well end up airing on different days in our area. So far June 5th in NY is all we know.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2011, 6:43:41 AM PDT
M.Sims says:
I heard saturday night, but maybe it airs fridays too. Or Sat and Sun.
Either way I read that every BGT is uploaded online so im sure it will be captured onto youtube.

Posted on May 3, 2011, 7:08:11 AM PDT
YouTube vid stinks for rebroadcast.

The last audition show, of 7 is on Sat. 28th.
Jackie may be singing on the KICKOFF show with stage and audience as a special guest. That may be Saturday... or if they want her on a RESULTS show, that MAY be Sunday 5th.
Anyway, Jackie and entourage will be in London during PBS show premier...

NYC may be on 4th and 5th... and other dates.
Lisa stated 4th for Premier, as per the EPK for Dream With Me as seen on VIDEO tab of the J.E. official Website. Those are the best quality vids.

Posted on May 5, 2011, 6:27:01 PM PDT
Chas says:
'Just in my inbox (for viewers in the Los Angeles area):

Great Performances featuring Jackie Evancho: Dream With Me, is scheduled to air Sunday, June 5th at 8pm and again Thursday, June 9th also at 8pm.

Please keep in mind that schedules are subject to change and for the most up to date information regarding schedule can be found on our website www.pbssocal.org.

Thank You again,
Member Services
PBS SoCal!

Posted on May 6, 2011, 2:33:49 PM PDT
I just checked the KPBS (central San Diego, CA ) website. The Great Performances over-the-air broadcast is scheduled for Thursday 9 June at 8:00 PM on channel 15.

Posted on May 6, 2011, 10:39:46 PM PDT
Mr.SG. says:
Ehkzu, Yes, only a two-letter word, and I misspelled it. (May 1, 'on' vs. 'no') !
I wondered why Jackie's concerts weren't till Aug. What all countries will she go to? (June /July)?
In GB is she goning to sing on Britan's got Talent or is that just 'thoughts'
When I called PBS, they said that here in Nebraska is would only be on certain chanels and not set but a few weeks ahead. I may have to wait for the DVD or a youtube vid.

Posted on May 7, 2011, 6:34:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2011, 6:34:30 AM PDT
Mr. Q says:
@Mr.SG, Lisa confirmed Jackie will definitely be singing on BGT. There has been a discussion of what song Jackie should sing.

I was torn between "Angel" and "Lovers" but I think "To Believe" may become my first choice.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011, 9:23:54 AM PDT
L. Evancho says:
@jimjosh - so far, it's nessun dorma that simon wants.

Posted on May 7, 2011, 9:27:39 AM PDT
Steven says:
Lisa,

I sent you a tweet. Please read it. :)

Posted on May 7, 2011, 9:30:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2011, 9:32:12 AM PDT
J. Korns says:
I would have to agree with Simon. Nessun Dorma is gonna give the biggest impact to an audience that doesn't know Jackie. Just like OMBC, Nessun shows off Jackie's range and it is startling coming out of a tiny body. I love what I have heard Jackie sing so far, but ND could be the "hook" that grabs people's attention and shows them what she can do. To use another cliche, ND blows open the door so Jackie can walk through.

I know I have expressed reservation about it being "over exposed" by other artists in the UK but Jackie owns the song and likes it's power or "oomph".

Posted on May 7, 2011, 9:50:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 7, 2011, 10:59:42 AM PDT
M.Sims says:
Nessun Dorma makes sense and I read that there are rarely guests on BGT.

Posted on May 7, 2011, 10:48:11 AM PDT
Jackie will bring the house down with ND.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011, 11:21:20 AM PDT
M.Sims says:
and Amanda will cry.

Posted on May 7, 2011, 11:24:29 AM PDT
Paul B. Tee says:
Yes. ND will bring the house down. But I have to ask, why this song?

Is Simon pushing the 'opera' side for some reason?

If it were me, which I know it's not, I would love to hear her sing 'Angel'.

It's a little more 'main stream' for a wider audience, and would bring the house down as well.

And Amanda would cry then too.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011, 11:29:45 AM PDT
M.Sims says:
Key word. Impact! It makes sense if you think about it. Plus she could perform Angel on another show in Europe.

Posted on May 7, 2011, 11:34:51 AM PDT
J. Korns says:
PTB
Jackie is only singing once on BGT (that I know of). She needs the song with the most "punch", if she were going to sing additional songs then her other repertoire would get exposure. She will get the most response initially from the "shock value" of a little girl singing a big opera song in order to grab the audience by their...collars (I cleaned it up). "If you've got them by the "collar" their hearts and mind will follow".

Posted on May 7, 2011, 12:33:59 PM PDT
Rob G. says:
I agree totally with Nessun Dorma or Lovers. She needs to do something that will grab attention, a wow moment. If she did Angel or All I ask of you, the reaction would be, well that was nice little girl your pretty good but nobody would be talking about it the next day.

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011, 12:40:05 PM PDT
I LOVE the fact that ND will most likely be sung on BGT.. she delivers with such power, authority, emotion, and effect as she sings that song most excellently.
Now, though, get ready for the nattering nay-bobs of negativism who want to beat on a sweet child for "going there."
ND makes sense for Jackie to be more CC than POP or "Integrity Music" in England. I guess that is what Simon wants, so what Simon Says......
Will be great, but we here already know that!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011, 12:41:34 PM PDT
J Korns.... JUST my opinion, but I feel TO BELIEVE is the best song on the album, overall. Most marketable as well !!!! But that is just me...

In reply to an earlier post on May 7, 2011, 12:42:45 PM PDT
M Sims... if you enjoy watching little kids make Amanda Holden cry, then TO BELIEVE would probably do it best on that show !!!!!
OK ,, ok... NOW I am being repetative (for good reason)

Posted on May 7, 2011, 12:44:06 PM PDT
J. Korns says:
RR
I might agree with you on To Believe, but I haven't heard all of it yet, I did fall in love with Imagnier based on the bits I've heard on line.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dream With Me forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  264
Initial post:  Apr 4, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 13, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Dream With Me
Dream With Me by Jackie Evancho (Audio CD - 2011)
4.8 out of 5 stars (885)