Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dream Zone- Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask, 1ct
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Size: 1 ea|Change

on December 22, 2004
This is an ideal eye mask, it is large in surface area, so it will have no difficulty covering your eyes, it is soft, and padded, with a wide, adjustable, comfortable headband to keep it in place. There is a faint smell of peppermint that emanates from the mask, which is great for a headache, but may be a turn off for you if you dislike mint. I am not sure that this scent is intended by the manufacturer, but for me it is a nice bonus. I bought two as gifts, and was so impressed I am back to buy two more for my wife and I. The price is quite low, but the quality is not.
55 comments| 311 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2005
For sensitive people like myself this mask is a lifesaver. First of all it causes no allergic response. The velcro strip is very lightweight, narrow and soft. I use this mask for night sleep and able to achieve deeper 8 hr sleep. Sometimes I go to bed late in the night (3-5 am), but still sleep full length which was impossible before. Good luck for those who will get it!
0Comment| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2011
I have been using four different sleep masks over the last year and I am writing this review as a comparison. The masks are the Dream Zone-Earth Therapeutics Sleep Mask; the Lewis N. Clark Comfort Eye Mask; the Lights Out Contoured Sleeping Mask Black Out Sleep Eye; and the Dream Essentials Sweet Dreams Contoured Sleep Mask with Earplugs and Carry Pouch.

All four of them are a vast improvement over sleeping without a mask, as I am quite light-sensitive. However, there are differences.

I tried the Sweet Dreams Mask first and initially liked it a lot. The carrying bag is flimsy and I have better ear plugs than the ones they give, but the mask worked well. It is molded to the nose and eyes so you open your eyes without having your lashes brush against the mask. This seemed cool at first but really is not that important compared to other qualities. I used the mask every day for about four months, and was satisfied, although, as in most masks a little light come through around the nose. But then I noticed that it was coming apart. The layers of material were separating and I could see the mask was not going to last much longer. So I bought the other three in order to decide which worked best for me.

The Lights Out Contoured Mask is also shaped around the nose and eyes. It did a very adequate job, and I probably would be more enthusiastic about it except that I felt the Dream Zone and Lewis N Clark masks were superior to it. Both of these have extra pillow material under the eyes, so they block out light better and are very comfortable. The Dream Zone mask is soft and pillowy throughout, with a satin exterior and soft cotton interior. It is incredibly comfortable, and I sink into sleep as it floats over my face. The Lewis N Clark also has those pillows under the eyes, and is a bit tighter fit with perhaps a tiny bit better light reduction. Both of these masks give me a great night's sleep, and I alternate in thinking I prefer one over the other. Sometimes I switch back and forth from night to night. Meanwhile, I have brought the Lights Out Contour Mask to my office for when I take naps there, and the Sweet Dreams Mask is around as a backup, not having totally fallen apart yet.

Update four years later: Over time I decided that the Lewis and Clark mask works best for me. The second time I ordered a Dream Zone mask the feel of the material was less comfortable and it did not last very long. There was the same fraying reported by some other reviewers.

I now have three Lewis & Clark masks that I leave in different places I sleep or nap (bed, office, car), and have given them as gifts. I am very happy with them -- they have given me consistent a good night's sleep. And while I did have some of the staining originally, they do seem to have fixed that problem. I do not have it with my most recent purchase.
88 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2007
Since I purchased this mask my sleep life has changed dramatically. I used to wake up at any bit of light shining through the bedroom window. This was a problem during windy nights because our neighbors motion sensor spotlight would shine on our window every five minutes throughout the night. Now,if I wake up in the middle of the night I place the mask over my eyes and sleep soundly. When my husband gets up before me in the morning I put the mask on after he rises and fall back asleep within minutes. I wish I would have purchased a sleep mask years ago.
0Comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2010
The mask is scented, which is not noted in the product description. After just a couple of uses, I developed a painful, itchy inflammation on my eyelids just like the allergic reaction I had to lavender oil on my pillow. I called the manufacturer and found the mask is indeed scented with lavender and valerian. How unfortunate the scent is applied to the inside of the mask!

The manufacturer's customer support was very unhelpful. I could not find out if I could wash the mask with laundry detergent. I followed the tag instructions and washed it in lukewarm water only, but this did not entirely remove the scent.

EDITED 9/16/14 I found it took a few washings to remove the scent. I put it in a net bag in the washer with my other clothes and let it air-dry. I've now used it for several years (the elastic is starting to stretch out, may be time for a replacement soon). If you are highly allergic, I recommend washing this mask several times before wearing it.

On the plus side, the mask is very soft, with the silk lining against the face. It is trimmed in polyester, but I found this did not sit against my skin. I guess the 100% cotton is on the outside. The mask blocks out the light adequately except around the edges.

The elastic could be narrower and more adjustable to fit more comfortably around the ears.
1212 comments| 202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2011
Agree with others- this is a scented mask- the broker should honestly describe their product. I would return it but it seems like a hassle for a $6 mask... Business should be upfront about the products they schlep.
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2007
I wish I purchased the Earth Therapeutics - Shut Eye Sleep Mask a year ago. This is amazing and I have been able to sleep comfortably because of this mask. Once I put on the mask, the satin cloth makes my face feel relaxed and I fall to sleep quickly. I am going to purchase this mask for birthdays and Christmas presents. I have even purchased one for my daughter and she does not go to sleep without it. Once the mask is on because of the black satin I can not see any visible light, so it makes it easier to doze off. I travel a lot and I use it on the airplane and car rides (*if I am a passenger). This is an amazing product.

San Diego, California
on March 3, 2015
It's so soft and light-weight,but blocks light out really well.I love its straps - they're thick,elastic,and have good velcro straps.It comes in the pretty little packaging as shown in the image,and having something shipped in a nice package is always a bonus.The only thing I have against it is that I honestly thought it was a little more padded,but it's better not being as stuffed as I thought it was.A very padded sleep mask would just put more pressure on my eyes.The silk on the outside is a little,but barely,scratchy as silk tends to be as it ages,but the side that goes against the face has very soft silk.I can't wait to sleep with it tonight!
review image review image
on November 13, 2013
This is NOT the sleep mask pictured. I already own the one in the picture and I love it. The one they sent has a terrycloth exterior, no eye pads and it is TWICE the size. As if you don't look ridiculous enough in a face mask. I'm having horrible experiences ordering things online from Amazon. It's become a game of bait and switch.
on January 5, 2011
Waste of money if the smell of the product is so strong you can't even sleep. Happy I didn't spend more than 6 bucks on it.