Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Color: Sage Velvet|Change
Price:$18.99+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 327 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 345 reviews
on September 7, 2015
Sweet baby jeebus, is this thing spectacular. My yogi broke out eye pillows last week at the end of a class. This eye pillow thing was a new experience for me. This timing was impeccable because I had begun to get a migraine just before class. These things happen to me often, and I generally shove a soft ball (not a softball) or my fist into my eye to conuter the pressure of what feels like a misplaced chest burster trying to exit my left eye socket. Until this miraculous man handed me an eye pillow, I thought that and a drug-induced coma was my only source of relief. So there I was in Savasana, well aware of the throbbing on my eye, and ready to shove my fist into it (which is very unyoga-like) when he instructed us to place the pillows over our eyes. Oh, baby. The weight of the fill was magical in that it provided the right amount of weight to counter the pressure. I did my research (with one eye) that night and ordered this. Unfortunately I was still suffering an episode when I received it, so I couldn't have been more excited to amble downstairs to get it from the post. I immediately took it out of the box and laid my zombie self in bed, this time armed with my little miracle pillow. This pillow is great. The fill is perfect in its weightiness to provide gentle counter pressure, and the satin and velvet surfaces are cushy and soft. I am not saying that this alleviated the migraine but when you are a chronic sufferer, any small relief is nothing short of a miracle. And oh my gosh, the lavender. It is soft and sweet without being overpowering, and certainly calming in these situations when all I want to do is attack myself with a trepanning bit. I almost wish I had more eyes so I could purchase more.
on May 5, 2015
This is my first eye pillow and I wonder why I've waited so long. The little box is nice to keep bedside when not in use and adds to the nice gift factor. The smell is soothing and relaxing. The fabric is soft. One side is silky, the other side is felt-like. The weight seems just right.
After trying it out myself, I'm buying husband one in hopes it will help him relax and wind down a bit better.
review image review image
I had an eye pillow made by a different manufacturer for about 10 years before it finally tore open. Unable to see how I could live without it, I repaired it with duct tape (hey, I'm a guy, what do you expect), but I figured it was time to get a new one. I was pleased to see on Amazon that many eye pillows, such as the DreamTime eye pillow on this page, come with zippers so the contents can be removed and the material hand-washed. I got a different color than the one on this page (I got the "DreamTime Inner Peace Eye Pillow, Sage Velvet," also sold here at Amazon). The eye pillow that tore open on me was unscented and I was hesitant about getting a scented eye pillow; I was afraid it would be too perfumy. But the scent of the DreamTime eye pillow is quite pleasant and to my liking and I don't find it perfumy at all. It has a mild chamomile smell, and when I use it, it is easy for me to imagine that I am reclining in a field of wild chamomile. Having an eye pillow means not having to put my arm or arms over my eyes (or a folded up t-shirt or a towel or whatever is handy) when I want total darkness. The eye pillow gives me total darkness--100% absolute blackness. It also imparts the pleasant sensation that I get when I gently press my palms to my eyes. The scent is relaxing, the sensation of having the pillow over my eyes is relaxing, the absolute darkness is relaxing, and I highly recommend this inexpensive product (especially at the sale price) to anyone who is looking for a natural way to get some deep relaxation. DreamTimes's eye pillow comes in a sturdy reusable cardboard box (with a ribbon carrying handle). DreamTime eye pillows are obviously marketed to women and that's too bad for guys who might not consider trying them because of how they're marketed. Maybe if they make some with a camo design (just kidding). Highly recommended for anyone who wants a natural aid to deep relaxation.
55 comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2016
This was another Christmas gift for one of my girls. She is a huge fan of lavender and usually sleeps with a spooky sleep mask, lol! ;) I have to pat myself on the back for finding this & purchasing b/c she loves it!! It's so nice to have a silky side AND a velvet side. I like options, even when an item is given as a gift. She won't part with her new sleep pillow... I've tried sneaking it out of her room to test it out myself hehe. The other part that she actually liked - was the fact that the lavendar is actually loose in the pillow! It has a wonderful aroma and I'm sure it helps by not being sealed into a stiched inner pillow. We grow lavender in the Summer, so it'll be easy to add some when it may need a sprucer up. However, I think it'll be a while... still smells as fresh as the same it was delievered! :)
on September 27, 2014
The pillowbis nice, I like the dual texture, the zipper for easy emptying/cleaning and flax seed filling. The flax seed allows for heating and reheating without drying out the filling. However, the big problem with this pillow is that it comes only 30% filled. The pillow itself is way too big for the amount of filling they give you, this results in a very loose and unstable fit. The pillow will easily slide off your face because the filling has too much room to slide around and become imbalanced. Also, with the filling going all to the sides, there is no weight on your eyes. After i filled the pillow up to 60%, now it fits great and has a decent weight to it. Now I'm quite satisfied with this pillow. If you add your own, be sure to use un-roasted flax seed. The lavender scent also fades pretty quickly, it won't loose all its scent, but the essential oils dissipate within a month or so and you're left with the faint scent from the lavender leaves themselves. You can easily add more later.
on October 7, 2013
I use this in my massage therapy practice. I always start each session with my client face down on the table. Once I have them roll over to the supine position (on their back), I place this pillow on their eyes for two reasons. First, to block the light out - even though my treatment room is dimly lit, any light can be intrusive and disrupt relaxation after being face down with your eyes closed for 20-30 minutes. Secondly, to continue promoting relaxation with the use of the lavender scent. My clients love this pillow (even some of the men have requested it) exclaiming that it is just that extra touch they need to reach complete relaxation. This pillow comes highly recommended by, not only myself, but my entire clientele!
on June 20, 2014
I bought this eye pillow because I have very, very, very bad migraines and I wanted to use something more natural. I still take medication because God help me, my headaches are so painful. I actually cry when I get a migraine.
I really like this eye pillow. I have read a few negative reviews about the smell being overpowering, but I didn't have that experience. I find the aroma to be very gentle and kind to my senses. It is a very lovely fragrance and when I have a headache, certain smells bother me a great deal, but this doesn't. I have fallen in love with chamomile all over again.
I bought the sage green pillow and the color is really soft and delicate, so pretty.
The only issue I have with it is that it slides off my face. If I'm not laying perfectly flat, it doesn't stay on. :/
Other than that, it's a great thing to have in your collection of relaxation tools and it stays cool too.
on November 17, 2015
I love this product! Has been one of the best buys this year. .
Pros- it arrived really fast. I did not want to try this as I sleep on my sides and did not think that this would stay in my eyes, but you can play with the filling to adjust it in a way that it wont fall as you sleep. The lavender smell is amazing and no too strong. The fabric is so soft for your eyes. It has a little zipper that allows you to remove the filling in order to wash the fabric. The box is so beautiful that I saved it for when I travel with the pillow.
Cons - I wish the fabric would be of a better quality, I hand washed mine and the fabric looks a little fade, but other than I am very pleased with the pillow and cant sleep without it now.
on June 17, 2014
ok so first of all it has a VERY Strong odor. its not going to fade so don't worry about that. when I first got it the smell was actually a little overwhelming but it has calmed down a little over the months. this is a great product to relax with, this is not a good product to try to sleep with as it slides all over the place. I am sure some people who sleep on their backs would love this but I sleep on my side so I am constantly doing a balancing act with it until I fall asleep. For headaches or just general relaxation when you are laying on your back I highly advise!
on February 26, 2016
Oh my gosh, the fabric texture is amazing made of top quality material and such a wonderful aroma of chamomile and lavender. This one is a keeper and so is the lovely box to keep my eye pillow when not in use.
This works wonder for my eyes puffiness.
review image