Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 398 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 511 reviews
on April 29, 2016
This is one on the most inspiring movies I have ever seen. It is for the whole family. There is no bad language or crude jokes. Dakota Fanning at the age of 10 put in an amazing performance. You can tell what she was thinking just by the expressions on her face. It is a movie that can and should be watched over and over again. I watched it four times in two days and every time I picked up on some important details I hadn't noticed previously. The director did an amazing job also.
on April 21, 2013
It's hard not to get excited about a movie that shows horse racing but this movie has so much more than just the horse racing. I'm always on the lookout for good family movies that I can watch with my granddaughter and great nieces and nephews...movies that display the values I feel are important in my family's lives and show, in action and words, a way of life the children in my life to pattern their lives. This movie fits the bill!

I watched the movie with a 13, 10, 5, 64 and 65 year old...and it was enjoyed by all. The kids were entranced with the horse and racing, of course, but also loved the way the Dad and little girl's relationship improved. They loved watching the little girl take the lead in working hard to make a dream come true and understood how this helped heal the relationship between the father and grandfather as well.

It taught us "older" children to remember our dreams and still fight for them and to remember to instill dreams in our children and help them grow into working for those dreams and following them.

As in life, there are some harsh scenes that made the young ones cry and ask, "is she going to die"...scary, sad scenes about scary, sad things that happen, so parents and grandparents, be prepared to help.

I would definitely buy this product again and recommend it for others. The casting was great. Dakota Fanning had good "attitude" and Kurt Russell and father, Kris Kristofferson looked and acted like they were father/son in real life. The fact that this story was inspired by a true story makes it even better.

Definitely a movie for my library!
on January 31, 2016
Best horse story I can think of except "Secretariat"... which of course had the advantage of telling the story of the greatest race horse to ever live.

Still this is one of those very fine movies that are great lessons for a young person and that adults too love.

The cast is as good as it gets and of course this is Dakota Fanning when she as a young girl she could dominate the screen no matter who she was acting with. She may become a star yet as an adult but she is now immortal in her many child roles by the power of her spirit and strangely powerful natural acting skill. Here she is rather reserved... but the relationship with her dad comes off all the more truthful because of it.
on June 6, 2017
Being a dreamer and raising Thoroughbreds, this is my very favorite movie. Definitely a classic
Very well cast and super acting. Even the horse scenes are realistic.
on September 6, 2016
I bought this for my sister since she really likes the movie. I already have a copy of it and love the storyline. This is a good family type movie; the acting was great especially since I am a fan of Kurt Russell and Dakota Fanning.
on April 28, 2014
I loved this story. I loved that Dakota Fanning played the girl who ended up owning a broken down horse her father, Kurt Russell, got for her when, instead of shooting the horse after an injury, he took it for his pay. Kurt Russell played a hardened, down on his luck horse trainer. Elizabeth Shue is his understanding wife and Kris Kristoffersen is his father. There were so many suspenseful, idyllic, sad, joyous and wonderfully funny and heartwarming moments in this story. This is the movie where I "found" Freddie Rodriguez. I loved his dream and the way he told it. His acting has seemed underrated, but I found him mesmerizing. As a personal aside to this movie, after the movie wrapped, Kurt Russell gave Dakota Fanning her own horse...a palomino which she promptly named "Goldie".
on January 24, 2016
Great family movie for all ages. It explores generational relationships within one family, through out a racing/horse breeding community, and a young girl and a horse. This young girl grows so much during this well written screen play and Dakota Fanning is amazing in portraying a brilliant, resourceful, but honest young lady who loves this horse and becomes her voice. If you love movies where there is a long shot and a touching background story this is the movie for you. I say grab the family or just grab some popcorn and a blanket it's a great movie for one or all.
on April 6, 2017
WOW... I loved this entire movie... I loved Kurt Russell and his easy acting which we all know is an art...
on April 13, 2017
If you're tired of all the blood and guts violent films, put this one in your library. It's well done.
on April 3, 2006
This is a great family movie. Dakota is demanding her father's attention and wants more and more of his time. She has the love of horses in her blood and no one is going to stand in her way. This is a story about a race horse that gets hurt during a race and Dakota's father won't let them put him down. They take many chances on this horse and those chances pay off, but it has been a rough journey. Dakota delivers a great performance as well as Kurt Russell who plays her father and Kris Kristofferson who plays her Grandfather. Anyone, any age, any sex, will enjoy this movie. Also, this is based on a true story.