- File Size: 1066 KB
- Print Length: 300 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: February 28, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06W2K6QD2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#18,912 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #104 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Westerns > Christian
- #106 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Westerns
- #115 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Western & Frontier
|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $8.00 (73%)
Dreams in Deadwood (Seven Brides of South Dakota Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Dreams in Deadwood by Kari Trumbo is a sweet western romance. The series itself follows characters first introduced in A Ruby Glows (part of the Cutter’s Creek series) – a family of sisters relocating to Deadwood, South Dakota. It can be definitely read as a stand alone but there were times, especially early on, when I felt like everyone knew each other but me lol.
The romance between Aiden and Jennie is full of flirting (mostly from Aiden) and emotion (mostly from Jennie) and some great kisses! Aiden in particular is flawed but solid, keeping him relatable as well as swoony. His backstory is intriguing and layered.
While I loved Aiden as a character, more than once Jennie’s character seemed flat to me. Her decisions, her dialogue, her actions … sometimes she just didn’t make sense to me. Along those lines, a new element of her character/backstory is introduced nearly at the end of the book, a time when I was expecting storylines to wrap up not get started.
Bottom Line: Overall, Dreams in Deadwood is a great way to spend an evening (or a weekend, depending on reading speed). Readers will find both the history and the hero engaging, the heroine sweet if a little shallow. Jennie’s sisters set up a nice foundation for the rest of the series, too, particularly Hattie and her decisions. If you’re a fan of western romance, you’ll want to try these books!
(I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book.)
It was evident that the author did her homework in researching this time period. The thing I like about historic reads is that they transport you into a different time, setting and way of life. I like to picture myself riding next to Jennie, and going over every bump in the road. Or arriving in Deadwood and looking at it for the first time, hoping it provides promise and opportunity. I felt the descriptions were true to the time period, and liked the fact that at the end of the book there is a section specific to the historic aspects of the story. I appreciate authors who go that little extra mile.
I'm glad the focus wasn't on Jennie and Aiden as a couple, but more as separate beings. They each had to find their way in the world before they could even think about being together. Writing it this way made the story more real to me, and more enjoyable. I think historic fans will enjoy this book!
I received a complimentary copy of this book. I was not required to write a favorable review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Western & Frontier
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Westerns
- Books > Romance > Western
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Western & Frontier
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Westerns
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Westerns