Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dreams In Formaline
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$8.99

on May 9, 2010
I have no idea what the previous reviewer was thinking but this album is amazing. The heavy guitars and the chunky synths, the non-cheesy interplay between the male and the female vocalists. This album is melodic, catchy, and the production is great. No complaints here! I would give this six stars if I could. Even after a dozen listens this sounds as fresh & powerful as it did at first.
on July 31, 2010
This is a cool new album that fans of gothic, female fronted metal should like. Don't expect symphonic metal though. It's almost like metal with a dance vibe. Closest analogies might be "Wish I Had an Angel" by Nightwish or maybe Rob Zombie. Anyway, it's really well done. Fav songs so far are Stigmata, Andromeda, and Infest. There's a great Stigmata video online too.
on October 30, 2010
This is a cool album. It is quite a mixed bag. Rich, melodic vocals and chanting; a cool dance beat not often found in metal on a lot of tracks; a very eerie melody, helped along by some interesting production. I would call this a 4.95 actually, just because I'd like to hear more of her range. But overall an excelent album.
on November 16, 2011
I've been a fan of the Neue Deutsche Härte genre since the 90s. Let me say that Omega Lithium is a welcome addition. For those of you who don't know this genre, It's a crossover style that is influenced by industrial metal, hard rock, groove metal, and alternative metal combining it with elements from electronic music and techno. Other bands like Oomph! or Rammstein have been around for quite a while.

Unlike their German counterparts, all songs are in English. Mya's vocal range is nice going anywhere from a grumbling spoken voice to a soaring melodic voice. The drums, bass and guitarwork is fairly good and its all pulled together with a electronic synth sound. Pretty typical faire for NDH music. The thing that makes this group stand out is the female lead and backup growls.

My favorite tracks on this album are Infest, Stigmata, Dreams in Formaline and Angel's Holocaust.

My only complaint about the album is that a lot of the tracks sound the same. Spoken or slowly sung lyrics then after a few verses, the tracks pick up speed.
on May 6, 2010
I really hate this album.
I have nothing good to say about it at all.
Stay far, far away.
on December 15, 2011
Omega Lithium is one of those bands whose name is stuck in my head but it takes awhile for me to get around checking out their music. Well I finally got around to checking out Omega Lithium's music last month. I was hooked. While the band often refers to their sound as industrial, I consider them more metal but I can still hear a elements of industrial and goth music.

Dreams in Formaline was (but won't be my last) Omega Lithium album. Due to the excellent production, the music is in your face. As much as I love the guttural vocals of the singers from Otep and Arch Enemy, I find it refreshing that Mya Mortensen's vocals are clean. Love the music, lyrics, and vocals. There is nothing about the album or the band that I did not like. I definitely plan on getting their latest album and future albums to come.