BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Russell Dickerson $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 10, 2013
Building a website is a daunting task, but this book takes you from the basics up to the powerful advanced features of Dreamweaver CS6. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to understand the intricacies of web-building to create their own website from scratch. I was a complete novice but now I have enough working knowledge to finish my first website. This book is thorough and written in a very comprehensible manner. There's a tutorial where you build a website for a fictitious Café and learn how to use Dreamweaver's built-in tools. At first sight, it's a little overwhelming (nearly 1,000 pages of hefty reading) but it's easy to digest if you're motivated to build a website from scratch. I had one issue with this manual. Since I was a true "beginner" in web design, I did not know any of the codes used by webmasters and I couldn't find a "listing" of the codes in the Index. The codes are, however, scattered throughout the book. Also, since I was not familiar with "web-related" terminology, I had trouble finding answers to certain problems encountered on my website. Overall, I believe this truly is the Manual that should have been included in Adobe's Dreamweaver CS6.
on January 23, 2013
I purchased the Dreamweaver CS6 software this summer(2012). I am used to having a "users manual" included, especially for the price of this software. I am still angry with Adobe for not including something to read :(. I am new to Dreamweaver and I am still reading this book for reference(1,015 pages), but so far it has helped me tremendously! I like this book! There is so much information to learn, but in a good way. The title is correct, you would be truly "lost" with all of Dreamweaver's functionality by just buying the software alone! With this book, I see why Dreamweaver is the choice of professional web designers everywhere!

I like the style and the way David explains concepts in a easy, conversational manner. I am reading that a "color page" version is available but mine is B&W. Regardless,I feel this is an excellent resource for new users and you will return back to this book often. I am speaking as a novice. This will be my 3rd "Missing Manual" purchase from this author...
on May 20, 2014
This book is filled with loads of information. It isn't too simple but is easy to understand. I like to read through a manual quickly so I know what a product can do and then I use it for reference when I want to implement something new on my website. This will be a great reference book for my website cleanup and development.
on August 26, 2012
I previously began web design with CS4, and produced a fairly decent site in short order without worrying much about coding. Revisiting the subject a few years later with CS6, I am delighted to observe that the instruction in this manual is also an excellent basis for beginning a more serious acquisition of skills in HTML and CSS for which I now feel ready. This book won't make anyone an expert web designer overnight, but it provides a great start for people who wish to get up and running fast and also begin learning what's under the hood. I do recommend that users pursue other sources for the more advanced features of CSS3 and HTML5.
My only disappointment was that when I purchased the CS4 manual, the e-copy was provided for free but this is no longer the case.
on August 30, 2013
This is my 3rd missing manual. Written from a true teaching perspective. This book provides a clear and thorough explanation of the subject. If you need the very basic beginner explanations it's there, if not, you can skip to the details and get more thorough instructions.
Ever have a teacher or college prof that may have been very intelligent but sucked at teaching? They assume you are at their knowledge level. This book is not like that. It's not a dumbed down beginner only book, it thoroughly teaches the subject and gives further resources when available.
on December 6, 2013
There's just something that I always see on books about computer topics. They usually focus on describing the functionality, hold your hand and go step by step building whatever project they showcase. However, they do little work explaining WHY are those steps taken and what happens if you change something.

This book is not exception. It is great if you already know what you want to do and you are looking for a quick way to adapt it to Dreameaver. However, if you are looking for a real understanding of how Dreamweaver works and you hope someday you won't need someone to hold your hand, you might want to look somewhere else
on October 14, 2014
Excellent resource book for those who use Dreamweaver CS6 on a regular (and not so regular!) bases. Dreamweaver is my "go to" software for building and maintaining my websites and this book has useful information in an easy to absorb format. The chapters are arranged in a logical fashion allowing you to quickly look up and implement whatever it is you need to do, which is a great time saver.
on April 8, 2015
This is a Must Have Book, for anyone using Dreamweaver CS6. As a learning tool or just for Reference.
The Price is Right too. I'll advise anyone to purchase this book, it's instructions and illustrations are Clear
and complete, and should speed up your Understanding of this Program.
on March 23, 2014
I have used Dreamweaver for some time, using the most basic capabilities. I am developing a new site and wanted to use some of the less common methods. I have only had the book a couple of weeks, but each time I have looked something up I have found clear helpful instructions. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to develop their skills on Dreamweaver
on December 26, 2012
I took over a beginning Dreamweaver class this semester 2 weeks before the class began. I wasn't happy with the book that was chosen. While I didn't assign this additional text to the students, I mentioned it and one student did purchase it. (She also felt it was better than the assigned text.) I was able to use this for additional material and tips that I could add into my lectures and it even included a few tricks I didn't know.