|Item Weight||1.4 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||7.8 x 1.7 x 7.5 inches|
|Item model number||1200-01|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||1 Year Warranty|
Dremel 1200-01 Glue Gun Kit
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1) It feels sturdy and has a nice flat surface below the cord to keep it upright plus a one-finger release of the stand on the front
2) It has 2 temperature settings. I can see "low" being handy for arts and crafts, but for a good bond on plastic "high" is perfect. Once glued the sticks are really well bonded, unlike some of the cheaper models
3) Several glue tips are included, for different styles of work
4) A nice large trigger makes pushing the sticks through easy work
Some minor cons; the "anti drip" feature doesn't really work, you'll still get some dripping so make sure the tip is over something to catch the glue. On "high" it takes around 6 minutes to heat up, which is pretty long, but like I said before; hot glue bonds better.
All in all a very nice kit for a low price, save yourself the hassle of a bad glue gun and get this one. It'll last for years.
The features I was looking for were:
1) Stability - most glue guns have wimpy wire stands and easily tip over. The Dremel has a large, flat 'heel' and large plastic 'kick-stand' that keep the gun from tipping over. The stand locks into position against the body of the gun when not in use and is easily released with a push of a button. Also, the cord is well located and very flexible which contributes to the stability.
2) Drip-less - As others have mentioned, it is not 100% drip-less, but mine has very minimal dripping - less than others I've used. Also, it's important to read the instructions. The drip-less feature is only activated when the stand is in the down position. If you lay the gun on it's side with the stand up it will drip a lot - you have to put the stand down to decrease the flow of glue.
3) On/Off switch - This is the only glue gun I've found that has an on/off switch. It is nice not to have to pull the plug between uses.
4) Indicator lights. This is a nice touch.
Even though this is not a mini glue gun, it is light weight and very trim, making it very comfortable to handle. Plus there are three tips for different applications and they are very easy to change.
Oh...did I mention the price? I would have paid twice the amount for the quality this product offers - but happy I didn't have to!
Thanks Dremel for putting so much thought into the design of this glue gun!
It comes with different nozzles, has two heat settings, stands on it's own fine and the kickstand works well. A built in on switch so it doesn't have to be unplugged to shut if off is nice. It's got a work light, but I think it would have been better to position it over the glue coming out, rather than below it, unless you work with the side of the gun facing you. A red and green light tell you when the temp is optimal. Overall, I'm happy with the product.
I've had this for quite awhile now.... Still really pleased.
I hot glued some flat reflectors to a round downtube on a machine... Like, 5 years ago.
this thing gets the glue really hot, and you can blob it on, and do a little fillet forming before it starts cooling...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is the best glue gun we ever had. It has two switch for temperature and work fine. My husband loves it! Good product! Recommended!Published on June 10, 2014 by Alexandra C.
Perfect in every way! I had not one complaint on this product. Would recommend highly to anyone. Great craft gun for even my business.Published on April 16, 2013 by FireandIce
After using so many inexpensive ones from discount houses and craft houses, this glue gun is a real treat. Give it a try!Published on August 24, 2012 by Arbuckle
This gun is a total disappointment. I expected more out of Dremel. I was wrong.
This glue gun drips and wastes glue MORE than the cheap $5 one we were hoping to... Read more
I am very pleased with the glue gun. It has very little dripping, when resting. My old one wasted a lot of glue sticks from the dripping.Published on December 18, 2010 by Barbara
Purchase this for my wife. She never complained, as it was a gift, but after observing the operation first hand, I found it to be a disaster. Read morePublished on December 13, 2010 by Joe Miceli
I did not buy this from Amazon.com. It was bought at a local store. I used it for about 6 hours total over 6 days. It will no longer turn on using either setting. Read morePublished on December 12, 2010 by ck