Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.00 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Dremel 4000-3/34 120-Volt Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit
|Price:||$89.16 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Variable speed from 5,000 to 35,000 RPM
- Soft grip for comfort and control
- Works with standard attachments plus high performance level attachments
- Variable speed also features electronic feedback for consistent power at lower and mid-range speeds
- Replaceable motor brushes
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Whether for carving or engraving soft or hard materials, Dremel offers the right accessory for every application. Use high speed cutters for shaping, hollowing, grooving, slotting and making tapered holes in soft metals, plastics and woods. Tungsten carbide cutters are recommended for shaping, smoothing and material removal on hard materials such as stainless steel and cast iron. A variety of engraving cutters suitable for both soft and hard materials are also available to tackle every project.
Grinding/ Sharpening/ Sanding
1.6 amp with Electronic Feedback
Superior performance that auto adjusts power and speed as needed.
Integrated nose cap wrench allows for fast accessory changes.
For maximum accessory versatility and precise tool control.
Accessory and Attachment Compatibility
Can be used with all Dremel rotary tool accessories and attachments.
What's in the box? Dremel 4000-3/34
Multipurpose Cutting Guide, Sanding/Grinding Guide and Detailer’s Grip.
- Carving/Engraving: 107 Engraving Cutter, 191 High Speed Cutter.
- Cutting: 420 Cut-off Wheel (x2), EZ456 EZ Lock 1-½ inch Cut-off Wheel, 540 1-¼ inch Cut-off Wheel, 561 Multipurpose Cutting Bit.
- Grinding/ Sharpening: 85602 Silicon Carbide Grinding Stone, 8193 Aluminum Oxide Grinding Stone, 84922 Silicon Carbide Grinding Stone, 932 Aluminum Oxide Grinding Stone.
- Cleaning/Polishing: 403 Nylon Bristle Brush, 428 Carbon Steel Brush, 414 Felt Polishing Wheel (x3), 421 Polishing Compound, 429 Felt Polishing Wheel (x2).
- Sanding: 407 1/2 inch Sanding Drum, 408 1/2 inch 60-grit Sanding Band, 432 1/2 inch 120-grit Sanding Band (x2), 445 1/2 inch 240-grit Sanding Band (x2), 411 3/4 inch 180-grit Sanding Disc (x2), 412 3/4 inch 220-grit Sanding Disc, 413 3/4 inch 240-grit Sanding Disc.
- Miscellaneous: 401 Screw Mandrel, 402 Mandrel, EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel, 481 3/32 inch Collet, EZ Twist Nose Cap, Wrench.
- Dremel 4000 Rotary Tool
- 3 Attachments
- 34 Accessories
- Hard Carry Case
- Accessory Case
|4200 Series||4000 Series||3000 Series||9100-21|
|Speed Range (RPM)||5,000 - 35,000||5,000 - 35,000||5,000 - 32,000||0 - 23,000|
|Electronic Feedback Control||✓||✓|
|Number of Speeds||Variable||Variable||Variable||Variable - Foot-operated speed control|
|Separate On/Off Speed Control||✓||✓||✓|
|Accessory Change System||EZ Change||EZ Twist Nose Cap||EZ Twist Nose Cap||Wrench|
|Kit Options||4200-4/36, 4200-6/40, 4200-8/64||4000-2/30, 4000-3/34, 4000-4/34, 4000-6/50||3000-1/24, 3000-1/25, 3000-1/31, 3000-2/28||9100-21|
Top Customer Reviews
I received my Dremel 4000 a month ago and so far used it for moderate work with cutting and shaping sheet metal (soup cans etc) and very light work with drilling and shaping plastic. So far it's been working great. 4000 works fine with all the speed setting as they advertise. It seems like they solved the problem with the lower speed setting. The speed changes in a little increments rather than smooth transitions. In a way, it feels a bit like digital but I see no problem here.
My only complaint is its size and weight. Probably it's OK for rough work but for detailed work it strains my hand after some time (my hands are small). It probably makes sense to invest on flex shaft and foot pedal if you are going to do a lot of detail work with this machine. The engraver's handle that comes with this particular set adds more grip options but it's a bit flimsy so it's only good for very light work.
4000 is a really big machine. It's thicker than XPR and way longer than any previous models I've seen. Probably the speed feedback circuitry and new cooling system required this added size. The balance is quite a bit awkward when I hold the machine like a pen to do detail work. The engraver's handle does not really solve the bad balance either.
In the higher speed, it is quite loud. It gives off high pitch sound like you are in dentist's office even without any tool attached on it. I can stand it but for some people it can be quite annoying. I recommend having earplugs handy. It also blows a lot of air from the vents- I guess it's a good thing for keeping the motor cool.Read more ›
First, I got the Dremel 4000-5/36 kit from Home Depot and then ordered some extra attachments and accessories from Amazon.
From personal experience, I can tell you right away, get the flex shaft attachment. It will make everything easier. Almost everything you can do with the rotary tool itself, you can do with the flex shaft, only more precise. Plus, it is much easier on wrist and hands. Be sure to check regularly if it needs lube though, if you use the tool a lot.
The rotary tool itself
- Very, very versatile tool. Can handle many different types of jobs around the house.
- Works just as well for many types of hobbies. Such as carving, engraving, jewelry making and much more.
- The rotary tool is very well built and durable. No issues after 6 months of continuous use for me.
- The speed is variable. From 5000rpm up to 35000rpm. You can adjust speed by 1000rpm at a time, giving you 31 different speeds. Great since all jobs require different speeds. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THIS SUBJECT! Don't ruin your accessories or material by using to high or low speeds on some projects.
- Has lots of ventilation, keeping it cooler.Read more ›
Dremel has a keeper here. Oh, and I use mine for making fine details in hard wood, cutting tiles and metal, cutting the occasional lock that has lost its key... etc. A little bit of everything which is what these things can do.
Also, for most accessories you don't need to mess with the little wrench to tighten them, there is the quick tool already installed on the dremel at all times, you just loosen it, and there's your tightening wrench :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really like the Dremel 4000, my son bought one for me, and then I bought this one for him. The only other accessory we purchased separately on Amazon was the Cable Drive... Read morePublished 18 days ago by christopher ambrosini
Bought this for my Boy Scout sons to make pine wood derby cars. Absolutely great time working with my sons. Using tools and racing. Real guy stuff. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Amazon Customer
Bought as a present, uses older chuck design so it is not restricted to more expensive and limited Quick Lock designs.Published 1 month ago by Yellowjacket