Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Dremel 4485 Quick Change Collet Nut Kit
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Provides the optimal grip for bits offered for our rotary tool line; The collet features small identification rings around its shank
- Contents: 1 Collet and nuts for 1/8, 3/32, 1/16, and 1 32" bits; Quantity: 4 Pieces (480, 481, 482, 483)
- For use with all current Dremel rotary tools and 4000, 400, 3000, 398, 395, 300, 285, 275, 200, 100, 8200, 800, 780, 770, 7700, 750 except discontinued models 1, 2, and series 1 or earlier of discontinued models 260, 270 and 280, Individual collets are compatible with Flex-Shaft tool hand-pieces #235 and #237
- Durable metal shanks for long-lasting use
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the manufacturer
Dremel Keyless Chuck
This chuck allows you to quickly and easily change accessories on Dremel Rotary Tools by eliminating the need to change collets. Accepts accessories with 1/32" - 1/8" shanks. Ideal when the application requires numerous accessory changes. Insert and securely tighten the shank of the accessory well within the jaws of the chuck.
Use with rotary tool models: 4000, 400, 3000, 398, 395, 300, 285, 275, 200, 100, 8220, 8200, 800, 780, 770, 7700, 750.
Compatible with Dremel attachments 212, 225, and 575.
If you expect to use a variety of accessories, we recommend that in the beginning you purchase a complete set of four collets. Store these so that you will have the proper sized collet for any accessory you want to use.
Quick Change Collet Nut Set - 4485
Includes collet nut and 4 collets (480, 481, 482 and 483). For use with all Rotary Tools except models 1, 2, 260, 270, 280 series 1 or earlier, and 4200.
EZ Change Collets
The EZC480, EZC481, EZC482 and EZC483 are to be used only with the Dremel 4200 rotary tool. They are collets specially made for the EZ change mechanism. EZ Change collets are not compatible with the 225 flex shaft attachment and the 575 right angle attachment.
Tips and Recommendations
- The collets (both EZ Change and regular) feature small identification rings around their shanks. These rings correspond with the size of the collets: 0 rings = 1/8", 3 rings = 3/32", 2 rings = 1/16", 1 ring = 1/32".
- Refer your Dremel tool's owner’s manual for instruction on changing collets.
Screw Mandrel - 401
The 401 Screw Mandrel is used with the felt polishing tips and wheels. 1/8" shank.
Small Screw Mandrel - 402
The 402 Small Screw Mandrel has a small screw at its tip so that it can be used with emery and fiberglass cutting wheels, sanding discs and polishing wheels. 1/8" shank.
EZ Lock Mandrel - EZ402
The EZ402 EZ Lock Mandrel makes accessory changes as easy as pull-twist-release. The one-piece mandrel design simplifies the process of changing cutting wheels, buffs, and detail abrasive brushes (EZ Lock compatib. 1/8" shank.
EZ Drum Mandrel - EZ407SA
The EZ407SA EZ Drum Mandrel makes accessory changes as easy as Pull-Insert-Press Down. The one-piece mandrel design simplifies the process of changing sanding bands. Compatible with all Dremel 1/2" sanding bands (408, 432, 445). 1/8" shank.
Carbon Motor Brushes
Motor brushes consist of a coiled spring of metal with a piece of carbon at the end. They go under the brush cap and rest on the armature, providing the electrical connection to keep the tool running.
You should check both motor brushes after every 50-60 hours of use. Simply unplug the tool, open the brush caps and remove the carbon piece from the holder. If there is less than 1/8" of carbon left on either brush, they both should be replaced. Only use the motor brush that is compatible with your tool.
Quick change collet nut kit, includes 1 each #480, #481, #482 & #483.
From the Manufacturer
A kit consisting of a special collet nut and four collets for use with a variety of Dremel® tools, attachments and handpieces. Allows you to quickly change collets to accept bits with shanks of 1/32" to 1/8".
TOOL MODELS USING THIS KIT
- #275, 285, 370, 380, 395, 595, 850, 750, 232, 332, 241, 246, 277 and 8504.
- #245 and 250, Series 3 and later.
- #260, 270 and 280, Series 2 and later.
- #225 Flex-Shaft Attachment
- #90199 Flexible Shaft Attachment
- #235 (1/2" diameter)
- #237 (3/4" diameter)
Top Customer Reviews
I uploaded a picture showing the Dremel on the bottom and the Black and Decker in the top.
I always left the nut of my dremel just loose enough to put a bit on it. Lesson learned. Always screw it to at least a semi-tightened state, or it could screw itself off.
I use two Dremels, one for drilling which uses the collets, The other for cutting, grinding, and burring which has the #4486 chuck installed.
I can see why some people have trouble with the chuck and small drill bits; it's like going to your
drill press and trying to use a little drill bit on that big chuck; not easy, and half the time you
get a wobble out of it.
I don't know how well it would work on high speed but I would strongly recommend eye protection if going that route. Most of my work requires low speed drilling and it works very well with smaller drill sizes. ( 60-80)