|Item Weight||12.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||8.1 x 4.5 x 2.4 inches|
|Item model number||7000-PK|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||1 year|
Dremel 7000-PK 6-Volt Pumpkin Carving Kit
|Price:||$17.36 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 6-volt cordless Dremel rotary tool (requires 4 AA batteries, not included)
- Makes carving intricate pumpkin designs as easy as tracing drawings
- Rotates at two speeds: 6,000 rpm or 12,000 rpm
- Includes 10 carving templates, 1/8-inch diameter high-speed cutter, and wrench
- Weighs only 6 ounces; 2-year warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item Dremel 7000-PK 6-Volt Pumpkin Carving Kit
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Foundry Audio||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||Information not provided||2 x 6.5 x 2 in||Information not provided||6.5 x 9.75 x 3.75 in|
|Power Source||cordless-electric||AA batteries required||cordless-electric||battery-powered|
|Included Components||bare-tool||191 High Speed Cutter Bit, 125 High Speed Cutter Bit, 84922 Silicon Carbide Grinding Stone, Wrench||attachments, bare-tool||bare-tool|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Adjust between high or low speed depending on the design and user comfort level.
Cordless and Lightweight
Cordless convenience and lightweight handling for intricate carving.
AA Alkaline Batteries
Uses standard AA alkaline batteries to eliminate the need for a battery charger (batteries not included).
10 bonus carving templates to help spark design inspiration.
6-Volt Dremel Alkaline Cordless Rotary Tool, 191 High-Speed Cutter, 10 carving templates, and wrench
Additional templates available for download on Dremel website.
- Two (2) ghosts
- Haunted house
- Scary cat
- Two (2) snaggletooth faces
- 'Happy Halloween' tagline
Tips and Tricks
- Low speed is ideal for gaining control over small and intricate designs and is more manageable for beginners. Use high speed for faster carving.
- Not intended to cut through the pumpkin. Instead--after the gourd has been cut open and cleaned out--the tool is used to etch designs into the pumpkin's surface by removing layers of the skin.
- Can also be used to carve and decorate gourds or apples (the apples will shrivel to create a scary effect), or carve Halloween shapes out of bars of soap to add spirit to bathrooms and kitchens. It can also be used on artificial pumpkins.
Top Customer Reviews
For $10 more, I would suggest the Dremel 7300 amazon.com/Dremel-7300-N-MiniMite-4-8-Volt-Two-Speed/dp/B003TU0XFU/ref=pd_cp_hi_1 at least that has a rechargeable battery
I don't see why this product has so many haters. I thought it worked great. It's something that will get used one or two days a year and it's fine for what it says it will/can do. We printed the artwork we decided to use, outlined/scored it with this tool and then used kitchen knifes to remove bigger pieces that didn't require the delicacy/precision of this Dremel. It was easy and, again, it was fun.
You can print carving templates off of the Dremel web site and there are otherwise thousands to choose from on various web sites. In addition to the video on this product page there is also a You Tube video from Lowe's where they demonstrate a pumpkin carving project with this Dremel.
Some reviews of this product complain about how quickly it runs through batteries. I am guessing they were using alkaline batteries and a high drain device like this needs lithium power. This Energizer L91BP-8 Ultimate Lithium AA Battery (8-Pack) was rated #1 in Consumer Reports and there wasn't even a close second. At the time of this review the price for the listing I linked to above comes out to $1.69 per battery. That's the cheapest I've found here on Amazon. This is the battery we used and we didn't encounter the short run time problems others have reported. Hope it works out just as well for you.
I purchased this here on Amazon in October of 2014 and paid $22.56. Shipping was free, but sales tax added $1.64 to the purchase price (I live in Illinois) for a total of $24.20.
So, people buy this tool and carve away....GO GATORS!!!!
unfortunately I had not read the reviews on this products before I ordered it ; because now, reading the reviews, I completely agree with them.
It eats batteries (max 15 - 20 minutes of usage perhaps ), and that is 4 batteries at a time ; plus the carving device it comes with does not work well for the purpose.
a waste of money.
I don't know the original Dremel - which gets better reviews - but with this experience, it is unlikely that I will ever consider it. a Shame.