Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Shipping
91% positive over lifetime
Dremel DigiLab 3D40-FLX-EDU 3D Printer Bundle - Flex Build Plate & Auto 9-Point Leveling - Includes 30 Lesson Plans, Prof. Training Material & Extra Supplies - PC & MAC OS, Chromebook, iPad Compatible
Delivery & SupportSelect to learn more
- You will be able to track your Amazon order from point of shipping to your doorstep in your orders. If you need more help with tracking your package, please visit Track Your Package.
- Learn more
- This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt.
Our specialist Customer Support for large items dispatched from Amazon is on hand to help with your order. Contact us via phone or chat 7 days a week.
Enhance your purchase
|Material||PC, Plastic, Metal|
|Item Weight||1 Kilograms|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- THE FLEXIBLE OPTION: Designed for a truly seamless 3D printing experience, the Dremel DigiLab 3D40-FLX 3D printer kit offers a variety of features that make it quick and safe to create a range of prints where ease of use really matters, e.g. in the classroom. Most notably, the 3D40-FLX includes a flexible build plate to help make it much easier to remove parts after printing – one of the biggest challenges with most 3D printers today
- TOP RATED FEATURES: Features include an automated 9 point leveling sensor that detects any variation in the print bed and automatically accounts for it for more successful printing, a 3.5” color touch screen for easy operation, a flexible build plate with ergonomic handles and a magnetic Snap-On mechanism, a complete 3D printer enclosure made of ultra durable plastic, and more.
- EASY TO USE: Dremel’s 2nd generation 3D printer, the Dremel DigiLab 3D40-FLX offers superior quality and ease of use to anyone from the 3D printing novice to the professional 3D printer, boasting highly advanced printing capabilities with easy-to-use features that make it an accessible 3D printer for beginners. With its hassle-free, guided set-up, you can get your first print started within minutes.
- DESIGNED FOR TEACHERS: Introduce your students to the world of digital fabrication with 30 ready-to-implement lesson plans for students from 3rd-12th grades. Teach students to create their own models and prototypes at up to 50 micron resolution. Plus, our included self-paced training course will help you master implementation of 3D printing in the classroom and is valid for 4 hours of professional development credits.
- THE DREMEL STANDARD: With 85 years of reliable quality, Dremel is an established brand that you can trust to support you throughout your journey. By purchasing a Dremel 3D printer, you will have lifetime access to our unrivaled Dremel customer service team located in Racine, WI, as well as an industry-best 1 year warranty.
Customers also search
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 23.5 x 22.5 x 19.25 inches; 2.2 Pounds
- Item model number : 3D40-FLX-EDU
- Date First Available : January 1, 2019
- Manufacturer : 3PI Tech Solutions
- ASIN : B07KZ8XNDT
- Country of Origin : China
- Best Sellers Rank: #304,701 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- #588 in 3D Printers
- Customer Reviews:
Dremel, your go-to brand for all your 3D printing tools, 3D filament, printers, and accessories, proudly presents the ideal addition to your STEM supplies. Equipped with a flexible build plate, direct drive, all metal extruder, 3.5 inch color screen, wifi connectivity, and much more, the 3D40-FLX is ready to use right out of the box with 30 lesson plans included and ready to implement in your classroom. Allow students to visualize lessons, solve open ended problems, and realize their own potential to create with our fully enclosed 3D printer.
From the manufacturer
The Dremel DigiLab 3D40-FLEX 3D Printer
This is Dremel’s 3rd generation designed for anyone from a first-time user to an advanced professional. Backed by Dremel’s lifetime support, the 3D40 FLEX is built for heavy usage while boasting reliability. Its easy-to-use features, and a hassle-free set-up, can get your first print started within minutes.
An Extruder Designed for High Quality and Reliable Prints
This is the engine that powers the 3D40 FLEX forward. The direct drive, all metal extruder is clog resistant and delivers smooth 3D prints. The 3D40 FLEX extruder heats up to 230°C. When filament runs out a built-in detection pauses the print and resumes printing where you left off when the new filament has been added. Also included in the Extruder head is an automatic Leveling Sensor that adds precision leveling for even more reliable printing.
Windows, MacOS, iOS and Chromebook Compatible
Dremel offers both Cloud and downloadable solutions and is compatible with all mobile and desktop devices with an Internet browser. Our dedicated cloud software servers ensure high speeds and stability on mobile devices, desktop, chrome books or iPads.
Network Friendly and Fast Connectivity
Equipped with Static IP, Proxy, and Dual 1GHz processors, the 3D40 FLEX achieves fast and reliable cloud printing. You can connect to the 3D40 FLEX via LAN, Wi-Fi, or Cloud. This enables you to manage user access, queue prints, view print history, and run reports using the Administrator portal.
Dremel DigiLab 3D40 FLEX Top Features
Flexible Build Plate
with ergonomic handles and a magnetic Snap-On mechanism makes build plate and print removal easy and fast.
Automated 9-Point Leveling
Sensor detects any variation in the print bed and automatically accounts for it for more successful printing.
Fully enclosed Housing
improves print quality, reduces warping, cracking, and VOC emissions – all in quiet operation.
3.5" Full Color Touch Screen
makes it easy and intuitive to navigate and operate the printer functions and settings.
Compare Dremel DigiLab 3D Printers
|Intermediate, New||Advanced, Intermediate, New||Advanced, Intermediate, New||Intermediate, New||New|
|10 x 6.0 x 6.7 in||10 x 6.0 x 6.7 in||10 x 6.0 x 6.7 in||10 x 6.0 x 6.7 in||9.0 x 5.9 x 5.5 in|
Wifi-Enabled for Cloud Print
Heated Build Plate
Build Plate Material
|Flexible Steel||Glass||Glass||Flexible Steel||Acrylic|
Automated 9-Point Leveling
Print PETG, Nylon and ECO-ABS
Filament Rolls included
|1 PLA||1 PETG, 1 ECO-ABS||1 PETG, 1 ECO-ABS, 2 PLA||4 PLA||1 PLA|
4 hr. Professional Development
30 Lesson Plans for K-12
What's in the box
Reviewed in the United States on April 14, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As a novice, I wanted a machine that was reliable and one in which I would be supported. I have found Dremel has not failed me in either department. In fact, in the very beginning, I did have some issues with clogged extruder that could not be remedied with some quick fixes and the support team arranged for me to mail back the unit free of charge. They returned it quickly and in good working order. I have not had any problems since.
I have called support and used their online chats to help with questions I had about printing and they have always been very patient and helpful. They even offer a free online training for teachers with the EDU model which I did at the start of my journey. Dremel also provides lessons for the classroom but I have not gone that route yet. Rather, we have been using various design challenges to inspire our creations and prints.
I know there is the new 3D45 machine with heated plate that uses different printing mediums now and machines that can print in multiple colors and things of that nature. Perhaps in the future we can add these to our lab. But I still feel the 3D40 is a good startup machine. It is a cool blue color with a clear door to allow for safe viewing while a print is in progress. It is easy to use. The spools are affordable and do hold a good amount. We did get a nice printer cart to keep the materials together which I feel is very useful.
If you are a teacher or a parent thinking about this for your class or family, I can say that it is evident the children are having a blast with this new technology and are engaged in their learning. We even showcase the children's work on Science Nights and those who attend are always in awe of what the children are able to do with their imaginations, some design basics and the Dremel printer!
Overall, I am very happy with my product so far and I absolutely love that this is a "tool" and not a "project" that I have to figure out and maintain. I have high hopes for the future.
Top reviews from other countries
pros: solid printer, good prints, easy leveling, wireless LAN, good slicer
cons: Account activation link points to unreachable website. Even tried with google plus with a different e-mail still the same. So I can't connect to cloud services and print from anywhere. App has been discontinued for cloud.
200$ value 4hours course code does not work. Contacted support about it. They gave me a new code and it still doesn't work. Then they told me to input it at the END of the online course to get the certificate. Look... your online course is LOCKED, and I'm trying to access it with the code you gave me directly but still fails.
Too much hassle I give up.