Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Drift HD Ghost Helmet Camera" and save 26% off the $499.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Drift HD Ghost Helmet Camera
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Used only once!
- Comes with 2 San Disk Micro Cards (32gb and 16gb)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||EZ digital (tax free)||RageCams||Perky Sourpuss LLC||Hello TECH_TOYS||DigitalandMore||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||5.71 x 5.71 x 4.33 in||1.68 x 5.83 x 2.38 in||3 x 4.75 x 6.5 in||1.31 x 3.88 x 2.38 in||2.79 x 2.8 x 1.53 in||1.2 x 2.4 x 1.62 in|
|Item Weight||5.89 ounces||0.82 lb||1.25 lbs||5.28 ounces||5.28 ounces||3.2 ounces|
Drift Innovation, the award-winning action sports technology company specializing in the capture and sharing of digital imagery, launched the most feature-rich and intuitive action camera yet – the Drift HD Ghost. Building upon a unique feature set, which includes an industry-first two-way LED remote control with on/off indicator light, video recording/tagging capabilities in continuous loop mode, and an integrated 2-inch Corning® Gorilla® Glass; LCD screen, the Drift HD Ghost is the best all-in-one solution on the market.Unlike other point of view cameras that require aftermarket accessories and peripherals for functionality, the Drift HD Ghost includes everything action sports enthusiasts need to capture professional quality video immediately. Plus, the intuitive interface is easy to use, easy to navigate and easy to set up, so users everywhere can begin recording moments after opening the box.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Things I like:
1. External power option. You can leave this running all day. (Well, about 4 1/2 hours of video at which point your 32GB SD card will be full. But not for lack of power.)
2. Continuous snapshot mode. About 95 high-resolution photos per minute, as long as your power holds out. The setting is 2 pictures per second, which would be 120 a minute, but it doesn't quite make it, even with a Class 10 SD card.
As for battery life, I've recorded 2 hours 44 minutes nonstop video, or 3 hours 6 minutes in continuous snapshot mode. That's more than 18,000 pictures!
My complaints are VERY minor:
1. The LEDs on the remote flash rather slowly. You have to stare at it a while to confirm what mode the camera is in. This can be dangerous if you are moving -- driving, skiing, biking, whatever.
2. Occasionally it just stops recording for no apparent reason. This may be seconds after you start, or several minutes later. So you have to keep an eye on the remote status light to be sure it is still recording.
3. Once it locked up and became non-responsive, either to the remote or the control buttons. It was stuck with a green light on which usually means taking snapshots. I had been recording video when it locked. I had to unclip it from my helmet, open it up, and remove the battery to force it to reboot. Fortunately this "hard shut-down" did not corrupt my flash card.
4. There is a clip included that you can thread through a strap or something to hold the camera. The plastic is so thin that it broke in a few weeks. I couldn't find a replacement on the Ghost web site.
5. It advertises 170 degrees field of view, but that must be a diagonal measure like TVs and monitors, because I get only a little over 90 degrees, maybe 110 or so.
The camera itself is pretty good in terms of video quality. The button for starting/stopping filming is not very sensitive, so it seems like I almost always turn it off and on a few times instead of just starting or stopping the video, since it uses the same button. Suggest: add a dedicated slider switch for off/on and not use a button at all for Off/On.
The rear hatch is a pain to to open.
The device supports a Mini USB Cable USB 2.0 Type A to Mini B Cable Male Cord. So all the rest of your more modern devices that nearly all use microUSB? You will now have to ALWAYS remember to carry that one MiniUSB cable along to support your Drift Device. This bit is inexcusably lazy on the part of Drift's product designers. How hard could it be fora team who can design a rugged camera such as this to include a modern MicroUSB port?
Quality of sound: the camera come with a built in speaker and microphone. The speaker are pretty loud as it is.the microphone can catch clear audio when going inside a vehicle or walking speed but if you don't have an external mic while recording on a motorcycle it will catch a lot of wind sound which is normal.
Screen: the interface is easy to maneuver and the quality is great.
Night riding: if you are planning to night ride I would honestly not recommend this model. After trying it at night no matter the setting you get these white lines through our the video make it look gloomy. I would recommend spending the extra $80 and get the "HD drift ghost S"
Battery life: I have yet to be able to record for four hours or even three with the stock battery. Although it can be easily fix with buying an extra battery with more juice in it.