Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Drive Medical Exercise Peddler with Attractive Silver Vein Finish, Silver Vein
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on December 22, 2010
This product has lived up to my expectations. I have no problem with this device moving around on the carpet. Then again, I might be using it more casually than others. I just got this as a lazy way of burning a few extra calories as I watch T.V. I do get sweaty from it and my heart rate does go up a bit, it doesn't replace any of my normal exercising, just adds a little. Okay, who am I kidding, I don't exercise anymore. My treadmill is collecting dust and is too big and loud to use in the living room. This is better than just sitting on the couch expanding, I suppose. I turned up the tension and yeah it was jerky for the first few spins but then it smooths out. Not sure how long it will last, but I know what I spent and I don't expect to be driving a lexus/bmw if I paid for a (insert whatever you think a cheap car brand is here, don't want to insult anyones taste in cars) (okay forget it, I'm going to put it anyway) KIA. The middle gets seriously hot. After watching a couple shows while using it, I picked it up from the middle part. It was so hot it instantly burned my hand, about the same as touching an iron. Yeah, there was that whole science class where they talked about friction but it was so long ago. So be careful with that. This high amount of heat makes me wonder how long it will last.

Just know that this is probably about what you would expect to get for the price. It's good quality materials, doesn't wobble much, doesn't make a lot of noise (yet), peddles could be better but they do the job. Don't expect it to last forever and be perfect and you will most likely get your moneys worth out of it.
on June 17, 2010
This is a solid, sturdy machine built by Drive, a very reputable company, and carries a lifetime guarantee. It is a completely adequate substitute for much more expensive exerciser bikes and if, in use, it slides around a bit on the floor or carpet, putting a small rubber bathmat under it solves that problem completely. It's small enough and light enough to pick up easily and if necessary store out of sight. I love it.
on May 12, 2010
I purchased this exerciser to help with my physical therapy. I had a ruptured patellar tendon that was repaired in January. I use this to build strength and improve range of motion in my knee. It is very solid and relatively smooth for a friction pedal system. The only thing I could see to improve on it would be to include alternate feet with spikes or cleats for use on carpet. The rubber feet are OK but it still slides a bit on carpet. I get around this by putting it up against a bedpost or wall.
My husband has found this "ergonometer" to be very useful in his home cardiac recovery program as well as his home physical therapy program after a hip and back injury. I found it to be a great value, excellent quality product which has saved us time and expense since he was able to do more of his rehab in the comfort of our home when he was otherwise very immobile.
on May 18, 2011
I ordered this unit for my 85+ year old Mother with several reservations: (1) Would she actually use it? (2) Is it sturdy enough to avoid mishaps while exercising? (3) And since Mother is such a "NeatNick", could it be easily stowed & retrieved?
Answers: (1) She loves it! I am still shocked that she is so tickled with it. I really expected some resistance. (2) Very impressed with construction & stability, for the size & type of unit, it couldn't be better. (3) The size has proven to be perfect, Mother slides it under the wall side end table, which keeps it handy yet out of sight when idle. This purchase has turned out to be one of the best I have ever made!
on August 2, 2012
I read in some of the reviews of this peddler how it became hot after a short period of exercise and how the pedals did not move smoothly. Simple mechanics, people--YOU NEED TO OIL IT! Duh! You have metal rotating against metal, it's going to get hot without lubricant! This was solved by me with simple cooking spray which I applied at the base of the pedals where they join the body. I was able to spend 3 sessions of between 20 to 30 minutes without the peddler even getting warm after doing this. Then, yes, I did need to apply more oil, but it takes less than a minute, and I am not irritated at having to do it.
on December 30, 2010
I bought this for my husband who is still in a wheelchair and recovering from a stroke. He is trying to build up strength in his legs to work on standing and eventually walking again. He has had it a month and can tell there are changes, especially in his "weaker" leg. He loves to do it because he can sit in his chair and work out or on the edge of his bed. Thanks for this!!
on February 2, 2011
"Fully Assembled" is a tad misleading, you do have to attach the legs and the tension knob, but this is very easy to do and does not require strength or tools. I still give this a '5' rating. This is a very sturdy piece of equipment and it fits my needs perfectly.
on February 3, 2016
This device takes a little practice to get into the swing of it. It will hopefully help my father who is diabetic with circulation issues in his legs. We got this in attempt to hopefully aid him at being a little active and improve his circulation. So far, he uses if for minutes a day. As for my daughter, she loves to go to Papa's to play on his "pedals". lol
Truth be told, I've used the exercise peddler, and as a fully healthy adult, I wouldn't mind having one. It would take a little practice to get my rhythm, but I could see myself sitting and peddling away during family tv time. It's a way to bicycle in the house, excercise, and help with cardio while not cluttering up the home with a huge stationary bicycle. I think it should be noted how amazing light this peddler is. It is beyond light and easy to move! No gouging mom's wooden floor!
on May 8, 2014
Bought this for my mother in law who lives with us. She needs to exercise (and we hound her) everyday to keep alive. Bought it three years ago and I bet she has used it less than 20 times in three years. Product is great for seniors that are limited in their exercise needs and energy. Not surely for the young. Nothing but high compliments for the seller and their is nothing wrong with this product for the right person.