Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $18.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Drive Medical Super Light, Folding Transport Chair with Carry Bag, Blue
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Padded flip-back armrests and fold-down footrests; seat belt included
- Aluminum frame with lightweight nylon upholstery; Weighs only 19 lbs
- Composite wheels are lightweight and maintenance free; Standard rear wheel locks
- Folds like a conventional folding chair.Includes carry bag with shoulder strap
- "Seat-To-Floor Height:20"";Back Height:17"";Seat Dimensions:18"" (W) x 17"" (D);Overall Dimensions: 23"" (W) (open) x 37"" (H) Seat-To-Floor Height 20"""
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Super Light Folding Transport Wheelchair with Carry Bag is great for your travel needs.
Aluminum frame with lightweight nylon upholstery
Overall Product Height: 37 inches
Overall Product Length: 30 inches
Overall Product Width: 23 inches
Folds like a conventional folding chair
Closed Width: 9 inches
Overall Length w/ Riggings: 30 inches
Includes carry bag with shoulder strap
Product Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
Seat to Floor Height: 20 inches
Back of Chair Height: 17 inches
Easy to push or transport
Width Between Armrest Pads: 19 inches
Width of Seat Upholstery: 18.25 inches
Depth of Seat Upholstery: 17inches
This Super Light Folding Transport Chair with Carry Bag by Drive Medical has a lightweight, silver aluminum frame and maintenance free composite wheels with rear wheel locks. Weighing only 19 pounds, this transport chair is one of the lightest in the market. It folds like a conventional folding chair and comes with a carry bag for easy storage and transportation. Comes standard with padded flip back arms, composite, maintenance free wheels that provide a smooth ride over most surfaces, fold down footrests and rear wheel locks ensuring a convenient, comfortable and safe transport chair.
Before you use any product for health care, we advise that you consult your physician or primary healthcare provider and seek the appropriate advice and supervision prior to use.
Physical disability,walking disability, post surgery
It's solely the buyer's responsibility to choose the correct item. Please note our policies are set by the manufacturers we represent. No return will be accepted after 14 calendar days from the purchase date and without a valid RMA#. Returns are subject to a 15% restock fee plus the cost of outbound & inbound shipping costs. Any return request after the 14 day period will be decided on a case by base basis depending on the product & circumstances & is subject to a restocking fee up to 60%.
Compare with similar items
Medline Lightweight Transport Adult Folding Wheelchair with Handbrakes, Red
Drive Medical Fly Lite Ultra Lightweight Transport Wheelchair, Blue Frame, 17 lbs
Elite Care Super Lightweight Folding Transport Travel Wheelchair in a Bag ECTR05
Drive Medical Transport Chair, Blue
Drive Medical Travelite Transport Wheelchair Chair in a Bag, Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Fenetic Wellbeing USA||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- My dad!, for over a year...
- We like this wheelchair so much, we gifted it to two of our relatives
- Very light, I can lift it with one hand. Also my mom, in his 70s, can also take it out with little effort out of the trunk.
- Sturdy (except the loosening nuts/bolts, see below).
- Very compact. Can be checked at the gate at the plane. We have traveled through the USA, Mexico, Canada with it and have always appreciated it having it around.
- Easy to fold. Just make sure you lay the 4 wheels on the ground (it gets harder to do if tilted, maybe a safety feature) and pull the cable from behind. It will collapse very easily.
- Smooth. Very easy to push, this chair glides very easily.
- The filling of the cover of the bar where you push the chair is very fragile. It will fall apart within 3 months with any use. We have been looking for a number of replacements with mediocre success.
- Must check the chair regularly for loosening bolts. This is a major concern, as other reviewers have pointed out. We found a decent replacement at Home Depot, although not as aesthetically please as the originals.
- Very disappointing to see the lack of interest from Drive Medical in either supplying repair parts or addressing this issue. This is really a pity, as this is a great product.
The Final Verdict:
We were happy we bought this wheelchair, as we have not been able to find a comparable product, at this price range. As I mentioned, we have even gifted a couple of these to our relatives, as we found them incredibly helpful. However, some material quality issues could be improved and the loosening bolts/nuts are a big concern (which makes us stay in the lookout for a better product).
This chair passed the first test: mom really liked the look and she felt it was very comfortable. The second test was its mobility. We checked the chair into 5 different flights and took it on several train trips. It was VERY easy to fold/unfold and the bag it comes with is helpful. Passed with flying colors.
Third, it went through MILES of this:
-Cobblestones roads, small rocks and dust in Athens and surrounding cities
-Hills and sand in Santorini
-Cobblestone and dusty roads in Rome
-Cobblestone roads in Venice
-Cobblestone roads in Zurich and Brig
-Cobblestone and dusty roads in Paris
-Cobblestone roads in London
Really. Many, many MILES of that stuff. And us folding and unfolding and carrying the chair through trains and flights a countless number of times. And since my dad can't walk at length we would frequently move my mom and then go back for my dad. It was a 5th member of our family for almost a month.
After all of that, the chair made its way back to the USA in almost new condition. There was very little wear on the wheels and some of the nuts and bolts need tightening. The chair is super light and the aluminum frame is very durable. You will have trouble moving the chair over large gaps because the front wheels are small than the back (the back wheels have no problem moving over the gaps)
The chair is basically like a beach chair with stroller wheels on. Very comfortable, light, durable and stowable. Our trip would not have been possible without it and my parents will continue using it here at home.
After 4.5 years we are still using the chair! It holds up very well to normal wear and tear and there is no rust on it despite all the moisture that has touched it. We took it on another big trip recently halfway around the world - it held up great. The only issue we ran into is that the bag finally gave way during air travel and a large tear appeared - from which one of the front two wheels fell out of. So we need to order a new front wheel assembly (you cannot stow the chair in the bag without removing the clip-on front wheels). The other two issues are that the padding on the top handle which is used to push the chair has completely flattened - it doesn't hold up very well, and the chain which is pushed to fold the chair doesn't as easily push in (some WD40 will fix this).
All in all, very pleased and we can't live without it!