Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 125 reviews
on February 15, 2015
I'm disappointed in the narrative in this book. It is bare bones information and not much to go on if you're hoping to plan your own "drives of a lifetime." Even the photos are a bit disappointing, mainly because there are only a couple for each drive and I'm not sure they give a really accurate sense of what you'll find. If I'm going to spend my limited resources and time to travel afar to get to one of these road trips, I'm going to want a lot more information. This book barely gives me a start.

That said, it's worth thumbing through once or twice. Maybe it will provide a bit of inspiration. But don't expect more than that; in fact, don't expect too much of that.

I love travel books -- travel literature, guidebooks, picture books. This one is ok. But I definitely don't love it.
on July 27, 2013
Beautiful photography. Book is larger than I expected. It is not a book that you tuck away for reference while traveling, but is a fantastic place to start planning a delightful drive. Sits on my coffee table now for easy reference and when I just want to dream of future drives. I will be retiring within the next 3 years and will have more time for travel. I want to be ready to go and not miss the most beautiful parts of God's world.
on January 20, 2011
I expected the book to be full of fabulous photography, and I was not disappointed. Flip open the book and take a virtual trip through the pages, or choose a route and pack your bags. The book is full of useful information on some of the most beautiful trips imaginable. I gave the book to my husband as a Christmas gift, and I'm sure it will be a source of ideas for some of our future travels.
on August 17, 2013
Don't look for this book to be your guidebook -- that's not it's purpose, but it serves it's purpose very well. The book gives an overview of 500 potential road trips from all over the world. Along with an enticing picture from the road, you get a narrative about the trip, a suggested route and small map, distance and driving times, seasons and a website plus other planning tips. I'm using it as a "coffee table book," so I can just pick it up when I have a spare moment to look at trips I'd like to take. It's a National Geographic book, and they never disappoint.
on July 27, 2011
Inside information is pretty much complete, especially to a newbie. But also from a newbie point of view, the information is not 100% conveniently organized. Say I wanted to go to Italy, then I have to look up the index under "Italy" to find out what I was looking for. Maybe I need something like "Italy Tourist Complete Guide". Anyway, I never regret buying this book - An excellent book!
on September 11, 2017
Nice to know the first drive as you turn the pages is the Blue Ridge Parkway where I live.
on July 17, 2017
Love this book!
on January 14, 2017
Wealth of informative you like road trips. Even if you don't it shows how beautiful our country is
on January 10, 2017
Each trip is only covered in one page. Was expecting more detailed description and more photos
on July 27, 2015
Bought as a gift for a couple who loves long, scenic drives and rides on their motorcycle. They loved the book. Very fun to look through. Great coffee table book. Very inspiring to take another trip.