The only QR code app rated "5.0 out of 5 stars" by PCWorld & Android Magazine. Get the best!
LIMITED TIME –100% Free & Ad-Free!!
Full-featured, multi-language QR utility. now available on Nexus 7! Get the ultimate QR code solution with this comprehensive productivity app for Android, and you can "optically" share just about anything! Scan a QR code in a magazine and watch a video immediately. Create a code from a Contact or Bookmark and let a friend scan it to their device—no typing needed!
NEW! Zapper Technologies™: Create your own Zapper profile—securely register, login & purchase automatically, with participating websites
- Scan QR codes from your camera, browser, SD card, or saved image
- Create and share QR codes in less than a second from maps, contacts, bookmarks, installed apps & more
- Organize by color and create short URLs for your generated QR images.
- QR Droid saves a complete history of every QR code you create or decode.
- NEW! WiFi & PayPal Payments
- Add QR Droid widgets - Get the most from QR Droid! http://0.qr.ai
→ WHAT IS A QR CODE?
The 'evolution' of traditional barcodes, QR codes can hold significantly more info and are more flexible. QR codes can be used to share contacts, links, map locations and much more.
→ HOW TO SCAN A QR CODE
• Open QR Droid
• Center QR code in your camera's viewfinder. QR Droid will start scanning immediately.
• Scanned information will be shown, without pressing anything: if the QR code represents a link to a YouTube video, you'll immediately see video's image, title and duration; if it is a geo-location, you'll see a mini Google Map; and so on.
→ HOW TO SHARE INFO (i.e. CREATE A QR CODE)
• Open QR Droid
• Touch button "Create", followed by the relevant option, according to what and how you want to share
• Follow on-screen instructions until you see a QR code
• Show QR code to a friend; they'll be able to scan it from your screen, and receive the shared info in a zap!
→ ABOUT PERMISSIONS
• QR Droid lets you decode from a QR code in the Internet, given its URL [INTERNET]
• While using WiFi, you can set QR Droid to show webpage preview only, because that feature can use a lot of data [ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE]
• You can save generated QR codes in your SD card [WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE]
• You can scan codes from camera. QR Droid cannot access your camera while you're not using the app [CAMERA]
• QR Droid lets you turn your camera flashlight on to improve light conditions [FLASHLIGHT]
• QR Droid lets you create shortcuts to your most-used features, to access them with a single tap! [INSTALL_SHORTCUT]
• QR Droid lists your contacts so you can select one and share their information, without typing anything! Absolutely no information leaves your device, only you can see your Contacts [READ_CONTACTS]
• QR Droid lists your Browser's Bookmarks, to share them without typing anything. Absolutely no information leaves your device, only you can see your Bookmarks [READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS]
• New! “Inbox” and “Feedback” options, using Google's messaging system, which link directly to DroidLa’s support team [WAKE_LOCK & C2DM]
• New! Added vibration response after scanning [VIBRATE]
Note: If you don't want to grant the READ_CONTACTS and READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS permissions, please install "QR Droid Private" (http://pr.qr.ai) instead
NEW! Add QR Droid widgets - Get the most from QR Droid! http://0.qr.ai
• QR codes ARE NOT recommended for use with confidential/secret information
• QR Droid uses ZXing library. Apache License 2.0
• Direct download installable QR Droid APK here: http://g.qr.ai
• Visit http://www.qrdroid.com for more info and blog
• "QR code" is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/qrdroid
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QrDroid