Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on May 28, 2013
The "Ultimate" pole system isn't very ultimate - the pieces don't fit together snugly enough, my pole leans to the side quite a bit - despite the fact that I bought the matching Droll Yankees Pole auger. The whole system is WAY overpriced for what you get, in my opinion. They say it will last a lifetime - we'll see. A lifetime of a pole leaning 9-12 inches from its proper upright position.
on January 27, 2013
I've been looking for something durable and found it! Best quality pole I've bought in recent years. I was wondering if the three parts would make the pole wobbly or weak, but it all fits fine and once the bird feeder is mounted on top or the arms are attached with feeders it all is one sturdy system.

I bought this pole together with DY's DAM (hanging arm braket and single arm) and SAM (second single arm and braket) and their buffle - the whole system works great, looks great and because of its durable quality it will last a very long time. Since pole comes in three parts it's flexible in height and can be stored easily.

I was skeptical because it is more expensive than some of the other products I have seen on Amazon or at my local hardware store, but I am sure you too will value the quality, especially if you add the arms and brakets!
on October 8, 2016
First up I ordered the wrong set of Garden poles. Ones I received were for bird house at top. Spindly, wobbly, not worth the money. I have had a bird feeding system made by Droll Yankee for many years and it finally rusted out. If the Bird Feeding System is same quality as the Garden Pole I would not give you 30 cents for a dozen.Just a cheap knock off compared to what we once owned.
on May 21, 2016
I'm surprised at the negative reviews. we have had our pole for SEVEN years now, and it is perfect. We did take the time to drive it into the ground the length suggested in the directions, and it is perfect. We have moved it twice as our garden enlarges and changes. I would recommend this pole to anyone. In fact, I am ordering two more at this very moment for one upside down tube feeder (finches) and one classic tube feeder.
on December 1, 2013
purchased this as part of the "system" which also includes the feeder and the auger. Although you could just shove this in the ground I would highly recommend not doing it and just purchasing the auger. As others have said the joints are loose and as is will have flex and your feeder will end up looking lopsided. To remedy this just put a little black tape on the end of the insert and it creates a snug fit. Not a big deal. The steel is powder coated to match the auger and is strong and of good quality. only real complaint is that the top piece that screws into the bird feeder is made of plastic. It works well and has not broken or become damaged yet, it just seems strange that they would choose that piece to make plastic.
on April 3, 2012
I bought this pole, and the birdhouse mount that goes with it. I like to buy American-made products. My opinion is that Droll Yankee needs some serious quality assurance work in their manufacturing. The pole is shaky and the joints need two layers of duct tape wrap to make them fit snugly enough to hold up to mild breezes. I would not recommend this product to anyone.
on February 21, 2013
There is no other pole desigened to mate with Droll Yankees feeders (not all feeders accept a pole. But if you are going to ground mount it,use this. Many options for the pole greatly enhance the pole (e.g. Squirrel baffel / Tray. Adding a Suet feeder etc.

Expect in rain and snow areas to replace every few years, as it is painted thin steel.
on December 7, 2011
This pole was very easy to set up. The pointed end was easy to bash into the ground, and the other pieces fit snugly on top. The only thing I wish is that it came with a flat piece that I could put on top to screw onto a feeding tray. Still, this one seems very sturdy and fits into the socket on our tray. It's just that since the tray isn't screwed on, it can spin around, and sometimes the birds are a bit surprised.
on July 30, 2016
Droll Yankee is the only company to buy from....
Well I take back my good review. I purchased this pole and the ultimate Auger, both are trashed already, 2 months later!!
on May 16, 2013
What a complete POS waste of time and money! The pole sections allow so much wobble that it would have the birdhouse flapping every which way with the wind. The only reason for the sectional pole is for cheaper shipping. But, if it ends up in the dumpster where this one is going... it just adds to the cost of doing it right. Save your money! Pass this one by!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.