Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$10.19+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on April 23, 2014
This is the same brand my family have used for generation in multiple countries.
It is perfect for cooking, baking and drinks.Pure, and excellent quality.And it is always the same quality!
( Also it doesn`t go through multiple chains from manufacturer to different distributors to the customer)
Here I my favorite drink( enjoy it hot or with some vanilla ice cream in the summer/in that case leave out the sugar/):
use a 2 cup size glass or mug, what is microwave safe. Put 1 1/2 inch water ( preferably hot), mix in 1 teaspoon Droste cocoa powder
and 3 teaspoon sugar.I use icetea spoons for my tall glasses,which are my favorite for this drink.Mix well.
Fill the rest of the cup with your choice of milk. In my opinion, the best is whole organic milk for this drink, and better for kids also.Microwave it for 2 minutes, until hot and well incorporated.
For children add a big spoon of real whipping cream( whipped with a couple spoonful of sugar) to make a huge foamy top.
Absolutely perfect and delicious in the fall or winter!ish
You can also cook the hot cocoa on the stowe top, just use the same ratio of ingredients and do not leave the dish unattended( best to stir continuously)That would be the classic version of hot cocoa making.
For adults or for special occasions and extra cold nights - add a small shot of dark rum and enjoy!
Absolutely heaven, and you will sleep like a baby!
on July 25, 2016
The first I'd heard of this cocoa was about forty, fifty years ago. I was using a "Joy of Cooking" cookbook, the 1943 addition. Well, I FINALLY tried the stuff. I made some brownies via the recipe I always use in the "Family Farmer" cookbook, 4 eggs, 6 oz, chocolate (3/4 cup of Droste), 2 tbsp. vanilla.... I just let them cool for a couple of hours.... It was well worth the wait!! Cocoa usually has an aftertaste. Not bad but .... This didn't and that was only the second great thing. The taste; I rarely give ANYTHING five stars and I had to think long and hard to give it only 4. I'll wait and make some fudge to see. Oh my god, there goes my diet!:-)
on July 18, 2017
This cocoa is just the best there is. Deep, rich chocolate flavor produces excellent baked goodies. Processed with the Dutch alkali method. You can definitely use less than other cocoa powders because it is so rich. I tried Ghiradelli cocoa when I couldn't find the Droste and it did not hold a candle to the flavor of this cocoa.
on January 28, 2010
Get a tall mug, fill it 1/4 full with milk. Microwave till it is very hot. Add 1 extra heaping teaspoon of Droste. Mix till it dissolves completely - be sure to get the sides and bottom. Add a strong pinch of stevia for sweetening. Fill the rest with milk and heat. You can also use a pot to heat in if you want to share.

You can add sugar instead of stevia if you want, but why not save the calories for a second cup?
on January 22, 2014
This is the real deal. Used to buy from a shop in my area. I can't find it anymore so have to order. This is not swiss miss instant cocoa. Requires a little bit of effort to have the real thing. Only thing - the shipping was not the best. Arrived with the chocolate powder all over the packaging.
on February 8, 2011
To say we have quite a few food allergies in our family is an understatement... when we discovered my son was allergic to all things related to corn (including corn sugars like dextrose and sucrose and corn-derived products like most xanthan gums), baking became incredibly challenging. I wrote to Droste and was pleased to hear that their cocoa is completely corn-free. While it wouldn't be my first choice as a true dark chocolate lover (I usually go for the 72% dark chocolate bars and shavings), Droste's product has a rich enough flavor for everyday baking and hot cocoa-making when food allergies are a concern, and ranks higher in my book than the multitude of tasteless options available to most food allergy sufferers. Thank you, Droste!
on May 14, 2017
Best cocoa
on November 2, 2016
My wife prefers this brand for her baking. Boxes were nicely sealed to prevent any cocoa leakage and carefully packaged to prevent crushing. Will order again.
on December 26, 2011
A customer complained because some cocoa powder was outside the box, well I want to underline that as far as I remember all the Dutch cocoa powder are in a paper bag inside a paper box and because of this is 'normal' to have some cocoa powder coming out especially if hard shaken for delivery. Someone can dislike it, I understand, but this is how it is unless you buy it in the metal box.
The Droste, the Van Houten and other Dutch cocoa powder are, in my opinion, the best.
on October 13, 2011
I am well familiar with this product, I have used it for many years it is the best cocoa in the world
I bake a lot and I rate it number one,however I may not have noticed before but I did not like the fact that the thin paper that covers the top does not cover the entire content of the cocoa and I believe it will be easyer for it to take the taste of the carton. This time I have not detected a problem. To my experience this cocoa is exquisite and no American compares with it!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.