Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on April 26, 2015
Another film favorite for me, I first saw it in the theater when it was originally released, and my now-ex and I probably rented it a dozen times over subsequent years, and we became huge Gus Van Sant fans thanks to this one & waited breathlessly for every film of his thereafter to come out for the next decade or so. The film is brilliant, but one of the key things about it is that despite its basically absolutely depressing and heartbreaking subject matter, the movie is surprisingly hilarious at regular intervals. My significant other (we're fortysomething now) watched it for the first time after I purchased it from Amazon and he really enjoyed it (and laughed in all the right places). I always liked Matt Dillon ever since "Over the Edge" in the late '70s, but realized just how brilliant an actor he is with this film. It's got a killer soundtrack too (and I have had the soundtrack on CD since shortly after the film came out). Thumbs up!
on June 3, 2016
Drugstore Cowboy is an excellent film that never got its dues for some reason. Its one of the top best drug addiction movies ever made thats superbly acted and well made. Matt Dillon, Kelly Lynch and James Remar all give powerhouse performances and who are all equally underrated actors. This Japan import blu ray has a great transfer and sound but unfortunately none of the extras from the dvd release. That seems to be a common thing nowadays though sadly. I smell a Criterion U.S. release in the future. If you`ve never seen Drugstore Cowboy you need to check it out.
on February 2, 2017
This is literally one of my favorite movies of all time! Matt Dillon and Kelly Lynch are great in this one! All of the supporting actors did an awesome job as well(James Remar, James Le Gros, Heather Graham)! This is actually Heather's first big film! If you liked Matt in the outsiders and Rumble Fish, you will love this performance as well. This is as real and as gritty as it can get in a film about street life! It's about a group of friends who go out and rob pharmacies to get high and bounce around places to live. There is way more to it than that. You just have to watch it and see for yourself! A must see!
on November 11, 2015
A look at the junkie lifestyle, albeit glamorized and cleaned up significantly for Hollywood. Matt Dillon is excellent as the main protagonist, and Kelly Lynch does a creditable job as his main squeeze. Heather Graham and James Le Gros round out the crew of merry junkie pranksters. Max Perlich does a standout job as the rat- like junkie acquaintance who shows up at the beginning and the end of the movie. Real sleaze. I loved the movie. I almost broke a rib laughing at the way Bob (Matt Dillon) set up his cop antagonists to get shot by Bob's grouchy neighbor. Rings true in many ways. I thought that the way Bob changed himself was a little hard to believe, but it made for a good plot, and showed how hard it is to let old times pass.
on April 19, 2016
This film is a classic bolstered by the appearance of William Burroughs as the drug addict priest. It tells the story of a small "crew" of professional thieves and hard core addicts who specialize in burglarizing corner drug stores to feed their habits and support their minimal, on the edge lives led mainly with the goal of supporting their habits and avoid going into withdrawal. The relationship between the gang and law enforcement is as realistic as it gets, IMO, and especially with the recent opiate epidemic entering into all corners of our society, worth watching.
on April 19, 2016
A must see classic film. The ensemble cast did a wonderful job at drawing me into the movie. It has some humorous and fun moments as well as some dramatic scenes. I am a Matt Dillon fan, so it was also an added bonus that he does the narrative for the film. Can't go wrong with that. William S. Burroughs is in it for those of you who follow the Beat Generation. Max Perlich is in the movie as well and does an awesome job. You see him and Matt again in a movie called Beautiful Girls, another wonderful movie with a stellar cast. James Remar is in the movie too. For those who loved him in Sex and the City, a young James Remar, very handsome. And of course, Heather Graham is in this movie too, cute as a button. I won't tell ya what the movie is about, yet I have seen a bunch of times, it's that good. Enjoy
on February 14, 2015
This is one of my favorite movies, and is somewhat of a cult picture. Filmed in and around Portland, OR, I've also walked past many of the locations where filming took place. With the rise of narcotic abuse in this country, I think the film is more relevant than ever. Rather than write off pill heads as losers, this film enables the viewers to relate to the characters. It's been a few years since I last watched it, but I have viewed it at least 3 times. Highly recommend.
on June 2, 2016
I've seen this movie a few times, and I always see something I missed before. So much is going on with these characters, so many small but significant details. A movie that does not flinch from being about addiction, but it's so much more. Hard to categorize it, what with drama, humor, social insight. Matt Dillon and Kelly Lynch give performances for the ages. Just an amazing film, and already a classic. Not just cult classic, a classic classic.
on July 26, 2016
I VIEWED THIS MOVIE YEARS AGO AND LOVED IT. MATT DILLON GIVES A VERY CONVINCING PERFORMANCE.
on May 1, 2016
Great Transfer !!!! It looks Super, I'm glad I bought it !!! Fast Shipping, Good Packing. Thanks !! AAA+++