Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 3, 2016
Drugstore Cowboy is an excellent film that never got its dues for some reason. Its one of the top best drug addiction movies ever made thats superbly acted and well made. Matt Dillon, Kelly Lynch and James Remar all give powerhouse performances and who are all equally underrated actors. This Japan import blu ray has a great transfer and sound but unfortunately none of the extras from the dvd release. That seems to be a common thing nowadays though sadly. I smell a Criterion U.S. release in the future. If you`ve never seen Drugstore Cowboy you need to check it out.
on November 11, 2015
A look at the junkie lifestyle, albeit glamorized and cleaned up significantly for Hollywood. Matt Dillon is excellent as the main protagonist, and Kelly Lynch does a creditable job as his main squeeze. Heather Graham and James Le Gros round out the crew of merry junkie pranksters. Max Perlich does a standout job as the rat- like junkie acquaintance who shows up at the beginning and the end of the movie. Real sleaze. I loved the movie. I almost broke a rib laughing at the way Bob (Matt Dillon) set up his cop antagonists to get shot by Bob's grouchy neighbor. Rings true in many ways. I thought that the way Bob changed himself was a little hard to believe, but it made for a good plot, and showed how hard it is to let old times pass.
on April 19, 2016
This film is a classic bolstered by the appearance of William Burroughs as the drug addict priest. It tells the story of a small "crew" of professional thieves and hard core addicts who specialize in burglarizing corner drug stores to feed their habits and support their minimal, on the edge lives led mainly with the goal of supporting their habits and avoid going into withdrawal. The relationship between the gang and law enforcement is as realistic as it gets, IMO, and especially with the recent opiate epidemic entering into all corners of our society, worth watching.
on February 14, 2015
This is one of my favorite movies, and is somewhat of a cult picture. Filmed in and around Portland, OR, I've also walked past many of the locations where filming took place. With the rise of narcotic abuse in this country, I think the film is more relevant than ever. Rather than write off pill heads as losers, this film enables the viewers to relate to the characters. It's been a few years since I last watched it, but I have viewed it at least 3 times. Highly recommend.
on June 2, 2016
I've seen this movie a few times, and I always see something I missed before. So much is going on with these characters, so many small but significant details. A movie that does not flinch from being about addiction, but it's so much more. Hard to categorize it, what with drama, humor, social insight. Matt Dillon and Kelly Lynch give performances for the ages. Just an amazing film, and already a classic. Not just cult classic, a classic classic.
on July 26, 2016
I VIEWED THIS MOVIE YEARS AGO AND LOVED IT. MATT DILLON GIVES A VERY CONVINCING PERFORMANCE.
on August 30, 2014
I watched this movie when I was about 11 or so. Since then, the only superstition I have is not putting a hat on the bed. Darn you Matt Dillon!!! Anyway, this is still a good movie. Definitely worth the watch.
on May 1, 2016
Great Transfer !!!! It looks Super, I'm glad I bought it !!! Fast Shipping, Good Packing. Thanks !! AAA+++
on January 27, 2017
Great film!
on April 25, 2016
One of my favorites, seen it too many times to count!!!!! NO HATS ON THE BED!!!!