|Print List Price:||$17.99|
Save $13.00 (72%)
The Druid Gene: A Novel in the Confluence Universe Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 435 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to The Druid Gene: A Novel in the Confluence Universe
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
So climb on board and discover a realm of new possibilities, as Jennifer weaves her storylines together... the Confluence is going to need all the allies it can find to stop the Swarm...
But wow: what a galloping, exciting ride of a story! (Even with the leading quote from "The Most Dangerous Game", I didn't see the denouement coming.) I love Darcy (and not just because of who she was named for!)--love her transformation, love that she comes to own her power.
What some see as a slow start, I see as careful foundation building. I'm always so impressed by the attention to scientific detail that the author puts into her work, this work included. Scratch that--not just scientific detail, but all the details, diversity and gender self-identification chief among them.
All in all, I am very much looking forward to the follow-up (I hope there's a follow-up!), and to seeing exactly how this is going to slot in to the Confluence story (if at all).
Possible spoilers, but important distinction (and a bit of a trigger warning):
The "some violence" is mostly sparring/fighting in hand-to-hand combat, but it also includes a (foiled) sexual assault. This is not the 'sexual content'; the actual sexual content is loving and, more importantly, *consensual*.
The essence of "The Druid Gene" is that a young woman (Darcy) has inherited the Druid gene which, unknown to her, makes her a powerful, advanced human with nearly insurmountable fighting skills. Only vaguely aware of this, she is abducted from Earth by alien slave traders who have been looking for one of the nearly extinct Druids. She ultimately ends up being intensely trained by a mysterious fellow prisoner (Raub) whose purpose for doing this is shadowy at best. Darcy and Raub end up escaping the ship along with a few of Darcy alien friends. They crash land on a planet which is being mined by an insular alien race, whereupon Darcy has to use her new found skills and abilities to survive.
If you like your science fiction laced with action, drama and mystery, I highly recommend this book. You should, however read the first two books, "Fluency" and then "Remanence" before "The Druid Gene". They are both excellent as well and provide a fascinating introduction to Wells' "Confluence" universe. Enjoy!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Sorry needs to tie together much better how the druids in the UK are related to the...Read more
Some more interesting caracters looking forward to the meeting of the leaders.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superheroes
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Alien Invasion
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Exploration
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Superhero
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Genetic Engineering
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Exploration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera