Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Size Name: 12 Feet x 20 Feet|Change

Showing 1-10 of 878 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 906 reviews
on August 31, 2013
When I went to order this tarp I saw the little notification at the top of the page saying I had ordered this same item in February of '11. This gave me a warm feeling as the tarp I got then had given me 3 summers and 2 winters of good service. I'm at 7200' and the UV in the summer eats most things, winters are long, cold and snowy.

When I got the tarp the first thing I noticed is it was almost clear, not the deep almost opaque white the first one was, I can see the decals on my slide in camper right through it. The next thing I noticed is the grommets were put in by demented monkeys, I added a couple of pictures so illustrate the issues.

I would have sent this straight back but I needed it quickly, looks like I'll be looking locally next time. Price didn't seem to go up much but quality control and overall quality sure took a nose dive.
review image review image
0Comment| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2016
This tarp was good in size, color, and thickness. Construction is questionable. After only two days the "reinforced corner grommet" came off and the tarp was torn underneath the corner bracket. So much for a reinforced corner. One of the grommets fell off as we opened the package. We fixed that one. We would have returned it, however to take it down, package it up, and send it back would take several hours to do. This is after a full day installing the tarp. Not to mention the work involved putting up a new tarp. We are not youngsters anymore. So, we are going to figure out a way to reinforce the corner properly and hope this lasts at least the season.
Don't know if Amazon reads these reviews and acts upon them.

Update:
I contacted Amazon about the problem and they were amazing. The helped me with the problem and I could not have asked for better service.
on March 31, 2010
I used this tarp as a cover for a 10x16 canopy on my deck. I installed it in June, 2008, and it lasted until March, 2010 when it finally began to tear. This was in continuous outdoor use in Atlanta, GA. I used zip-ties to secure it to a standard 1-3/8" tubular steel frame. It was the perfect width (10' wide frame with pitched roof), but was a little long (frame was shorter than 16') so I used zip-ties at one end and hung plants from the grommets at the other end. The weight of the hanging plants kept it pulled tight the whole time and the grommets never ripped out, even through severe storms. When it finally began to tear, it was along the ridge of the roof where it's exposed most to rain, sun, squirrels, stretching, etc. The reason I'm reviewing it now is because I came back to buy the exact same product.
review image
22 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
The tarp is a good tarp, but they just don't have any quality control. Just like some of the other customers, this tarp has a place where the grommet punch was off and punched a hole on the edge of the tarp, so it basically makes a nice place for a tear to start in the middle of the tarp. I am going to keep it because I don't want to go through the hassle of folding the whole thing back up and shipping it back. Based on the number of good/bad reviews, I would say you have a 1/10 chance of getting a bad one.
on June 10, 2016
If you order White you should get White , I honestly don't know how many of these that I have purchased over the years but I can say at least a dozen or more to cover various different materials and/or equipment and this is the only tarp that I will purchase period . It's stronger, thicker, and It's White so it reflex the sun light and heat instead of absorbing it ,( keeping the item that you have covered cooler ), and lasting longer because the UV rays from the sun is reflected instead of absorbed like with a darker tarp . Hope this helps , I'm 62yo and I've been using tarps most of my adult life so you can believe me when I tell you that it will be very difficult if not impossible to find a stronger ,longer lasting, and a more affordable tarp period
on October 7, 2015
Used it to make a large outdoor projection screen. Worked great. As heavy as the nice plastic tarps at home improvement stores and thicker than the bargain outlet tarps.
on May 4, 2016
Size was more than adequate. It was missing some eyelet openings in come spots. That was minor as we worked around that. The worst part is that it leaves white rub marks on the dark paint of the vehicle it covered even when tied down. Not sure if its the wax type coating off the tarp or what but it cost a full days work of buffing, waxing and polishing to get them out. Happy they at least came out.
on March 1, 2017
I am really bummed about this tarp. I have a back patio covering that isn't fully covered, it has like slats that let sunlight and water through and I thought If I secured this over the top I could make it waterproof so my expensive furniture doesn't get wet. Unfortunately we only had it up for about a week and there is water pooling in spots and coming through. I understand that some tarps are water resistant but this one claims to be waterproof and it wasn't up long enough to have any damage. I'm not impressed and back on the hunt.
on June 10, 2013
I purchased this tarp to go over a soft RV cover on my travel trailer. I purchased it to shield my camper from the summer rains and tree debris here in Florida. When fully opening the tarp, I noticed an almost dime sized hole in it. Upon closer inspection I realized that it was a burn hole, complete with a little blob of hard burnt white "plastic" attached. Apparently while being made, something melted a hole through the tarp. Also, one of the thin "metal" hole reinforcements fell off while weighing the corners down. With that being said, the tarp is doing a good job of shielding my camper from the elements. It's white color does a good job of reflecting sun from the very front of the camper that is exposed to the Florida sunshine. For the price, it's a pretty good deal!
on May 20, 2013
Do not believe this heavy duty designation. Mine ripped out the eyelets after the first windy day. Even on the reinforced corner. Also even ripped off the entire seam where it is suppose to be the strongest. This tarp is only suitable for extremely light duty. It should definitely not be designated super heavy duty. I can not understand others who rate this highly.