DryCASE Waterproof Case for Smartphone (DC-13)
|Price:||$39.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Completely clear, flexible case
- Buoyant, neoprene armband that can withstand extreme activity
- 3-way headphone jack
- Patent pending vacuum seal creates a completely waterproof seal around your device
- Clear case and vacuum seal allow you to use touch screens, take clear pictures and video, make/receive phone calls, and so much more while keeping device dry
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
- Size (LWH): 6.5 inches, 4.25 inches, 0 inches
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
Top Customer Reviews
Here is what is great about it.
1. It is really, really waterproof. That is my phone in the product packaging. It was underwater for 3 hours as we tried to get the fish to behave.
2. You can use the mic and listen to music with the included cord. Awesome.
3. The price is right. It protects my phone which cost me $300, plus a two year contract. $40 is well worth it.
Here is why it does not get 5 stars.
1. It is a bit bulky for my iphone, but this is because it designed to fit a wide range of phones and devices. I only used it when I am in the water or at the beach. It is not appropriate for everyday use. This does mean that it works with all iphone, ipod or other device. I also keep my Credit Card and Id in there when I am on the boat, so I can leave my wallet at home.
2. If you take all the air out of it, you can not use the track ball on an Android G1 or Blackberry. You can leave a little air in it, without compromising the waterproofness, and still use the trackball. Leaving a little air in there also help sound travel (it does not in a vacuum)
I am partial, since I work for the company, but I think this is still an honest assessment of the product.
There are a couple of problems with the case and my phone:
1) It fits, but very snugly, with its Otterbox case on. The snug fit combined with the rubber case makes it a bit tough to pull out after sealing, It fits very nicely though with just a plastic snap case on the phone.
2) The picture shows the headphone plug vertically on the left, and the vacuum valve horizontally on the right side of the case. My case has the headphone plug horizontally on the left, and the vacuum valve vertically on the right BOTTOM. My phone's headphone plug is on the bottom left. This makes me have to awkwardly drape the cord around the valve and loop it around the back of the phone, exacerbating the already snug fit with its regular Otterbox case on.
3) Biggest problem for LG G2 users, or any user of a phone with buttons on the front/back (eg, Blackberry). Do NOT remove ALL the air. If you do, the buttons will push and in my case, the phone shut off. Rather annoying, but I suppose it shows just how strong the vacuum seal really is. The company says the seal will still function even if some air is remaining in the case, so let's hope that's true.
Other than that, it seems that it will do what it's supposed to, but the arrangement of valve and jack would have worked better if it was as shown in the image rather than what I got.
*** UPDATE *** Changed my rating to 5 stars. This company has incredible customer service. They promptly sent me an arm band that fits me perfect. I have been using the product for two months now and I love it. I have run in the rain with my iphone protected in this case, no moisture is able to come inside at all.
However... it eventually starts leaking.Usually through the headphone jack. Which is unfortunate, since I don't usually use the headphone. After the first one I had lost its seal (replaced very quickly under warranty) I was very careful to not move the inside headphone wire around very much, but still I have had 3 cases leak so far (I had ordered 2 for myself and my wife, and 1 extra by accident, and got one free replacement under warranty), and am on my fourth and last case.
I will not be ordering another - I've switched to LifeProof cases, which are much more expensive but can be kept on the phone full time and are not bulky like Otter cases.
After the Dry Case dies, you can still use the armband, but since there is air in the case it creates a greenhouse effect, and your phone eventually overheats and shuts off to protect itself (in the Austin summers, not sure about cooler climates).
So if you think about this as a case that needs regular replacement it's great, otherwise I would stay away.
The bright side is that it's easy to tell when your case is waterproof. Of course, if it starts leaking underwater you may still be hosed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A good dry case for my galaxy S5 used when sailing. Bought for the phono jack outlet as used on a boat to power the music and also used in the bunk with headphones. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Nick
I purchased this case for my bf because he takes his cell phone with him when he goes fishing and has dropped it in the water. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Laura LeMay
Works ok until it fails. The plastic welded seams will all eventually split wide open, rendering it useless. Contacting Dry Case gets you a sorry, but no warranty over 1yr. Read morePublished 1 month ago by M.D.
Great dry case. I got one in Mexico that didn't have the vacuum seal, and wasn't rated for as deep, let alone have the option for headphones. Read morePublished 2 months ago by kita8
a zip lock bag is likely more effective for water protection. A disappointed customer, with a broken phone for a minor submersion while inside the case in a backpack while hikingPublished 3 months ago by Christian Lamborghini
I swim with this so I can listen to music, and it keeps my iPhone 6s bone dry. The sound is a little tinny but that in minor. Great product.Published 8 months ago by Heather
Works perfectly. Allows me to have music and podcasts when I do laps in the pool.Published 8 months ago by Lindsay Scola