|Wireless Type||802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n|
ASUS Dual-Band Wireless-N900 USB Network Adapter (USB-N66)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powerful dual-band 3x3 USB adapter delivers high speed 450Mbps Wi-Fi
- 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band reduces Wi-Fi interference for smooth HD streaming
- Patented orthogonal antenna design for the best Wi-Fi coverage
- Hardware high power switch switches performance modes
- Turns into a wireless access point to allow internet connection sharing
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The ASUS USB-N66 is a dual-band 450Mbps USB network adapter with powerful performance and a truly exhilarating design. The stylish pyramid shape offers both artistic merit and a practical approach to technology, embedded with orthogonally-arranged antennas to lessen interference and boost signal coverage up to 150% coverage than standard wireless N Spec. Dual 2.4GHz/5GHz operating bands and hardware high/standard power switchable modes meet diverse needs for every user segment, while software AP turns your device into a wireless access point to share internet connections.
From the Manufacturer
ASUS USB-N66 Dual-Band Wireless-N900 USB Adapter
The Most Powerful USB Network Adapter
The ASUS USB-N66 Dual-Band Wireless-N900 USB Adapter delivers high-speed wireless performance up to 450 Mbps in a patented orthogonal antenna design that amplifies signal strength coverage up to 150% and enhances stability. It’s supported by Windows, Mac OS, and Linux platforms and can be switched into an access point to wirelessly connect devices to it.
Dual-band transmission for lag-free entertainment
With MIMO (Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology, the USB-N66 provides up to 450Mbps high-speed transmission for smooth video streaming and high-performance networking. Dual-band operation connects to the 2.4 GHz band for basic tasks like Web browsing while the 5 GHz band lets you perform more bandwidth-intensive tasks like online gaming.
Specialized Antenna Design
The patented 3-point orthogonal design is unique and modern in appearance but also delivers a substantial increase in wireless connectivity enabling faster data throughput and an expanded signal range. While most routers have a flat linear line for optimal signal, the USB-N66 antenna shape delivers more of an arc-shaped area of signal coverage giving you an increased optimal range of connectivity for devices throughout your network.
Triple the power for up to 150% Wi-Fi range
With the built-in power mode switch, you set how much power you want to give your Wi-Fi signal. The standard mode saves energy for use when your router is close. The high power mode amplifies Wi-Fi signal up to 150% for connecting to access points from further distances.
Share Your Internet Connection
Using the Software AP application, you can set your USB-N66 to share its Internet connection with other devices on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
Supports multiple Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
The USB-N66 features extensive operating system compatibility to empower virtually any device with high-speed Internet connection.
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual-band connectivity with speeds up to 450Mbps for high-speed wireless performance
- Patented 3-point orthogonal antenna design for omnidirectional wireless coverage
- Easy-to-use user interface provides useful network information in real time
- Software AP function to let devices connect to it and share Internet connection
- High-powered mode for up to 150% further Wi-Fi amplification
- Network Standard: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Interface: USB 2.0
- Antenna: 3 x R SMA Antenna
- Operating Frequency: 2.4GHz~2.4835GHz /5.1~5.8GHz
- Operation: 11 for N. America, 13 Europe (ETSI)
- Data Rate: 802.11 a/b/g/n : downlink up to 450Mbps, uplink up to 450Mbps(20/40MHz)
- Modulation: 64QAM, 16QAM, QPSK, BPSK, CCK, DQPSK, DBPSK, OFDMZ
- Software AP
- High Power Switch
- Utilities: Mobile control center, Wireless setting, Mobile manager, Site survey, WPS Wizard
- Security:64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, WPS support
- Dimensions: 122 x 111 x 62 mm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 90 g (Device Only)
- Operating Temperature: -10 °C to 50 °C (14 °F to 122 ºF)
- Storage Temperature: -40 ° to 60 ° C (-40 °F to 140 °F)
- Operating Humidity: 15 % to 95 % (Non-condensing)
- Storage Humidity: 15 % to 95 % (Non-condensing)
- OS Support:
- Windows 7, 32bit/64bit
- Windows Vista , 32bit/64bit
- Windows XP , 32bit/64bit
- Mac OS X 10.4 or higher
- Linux Support:
- Fedora Core 13, 18.104.22.168kernel
- Fedora Core 14, 22.214.171.124kernel
- Fedora Core 15, 126.96.36.199kernel
- Ubuntu10.10, 188.8.131.52kernel
- Ubuntu11.04, 184.108.40.206kernel
- Ubuntu11.10, 220.127.116.11kernel
What's in the Box
- Support CD
- Warranty card
- USB Extension cable
Top Customer Reviews
- Drivers are required for Windows 7/8 (x64/x86) -- available from ASUS' site. Don't bother with the included CD.
- There are additional utilities which can turn this into an AP, and provide you with ASUS' monitoring tools, presumably showing signal strength, etc.. I didn't bother as the built in OS functionality is sufficient.
- Reception is good. I haven't done any scientific tests, so I have no data to provide.
- The "hi" and "normal" hardware switch on the back feels kinda cheap. I won't be switching this much, but for THIS much money, you'd think they'd put something better in the unit.
- LED glow kinda annoying. Not ridiculously bright, but srsly? Why are these LEDs necessary if the device is paired to the network and working properly?
- I managed to scratch the plastic casing. I was transporting the device in a bag and the power adapter put a nice ugly scratch in the plastic. Again, for this money...
Yes, I'd get this over any built in PCIe simply due to the impressive reception stability and performance. The antennae won't get in the way of other PCIe card slots/cables.
There are 15 active non-hidden 2.4GHz APs where I live, and with 8-11 channels somehow non-connectable, all my neighbors are cramped in from channel 1-7 (I use INSSIDER). a strong 5GHz wireless router AND a strong 5GHz adapter is a must for any applications that needs a reliable real-time data streaming (Hulu plus, Skype, YouTube...)
Currently I can get 4 bars of signal from about 70-80 feet away from my Cisco EA3500 Dual Band wireless router (3 walls)
Tests were conducted on my custom HTPC running Win7 x64 and 120GB OCZ Vertex 4. Router is the ASUS RT-N66U.
*Update* 7/13/2013 - After downloading the latest drivers from Asus website and rebooting, I ran a speedtest and a 6.8GB image file transfer test. In standard mode, 5GHz wifi speeds, signal strength and signal quality was solid. When it came to the file transfer test I got around 9-11MB/s (sustained transfer) which is almost double the performance of the N53 (~6.5MB/s). After I received my Y-Cable I gave HIGH POWER mode a shot. Everything I threw at it stayed at a solid 450Mbps. In standard mode it would occasionally drop below 350Mbps but in high power mode it was a steady 450Mbps. File transfers improved by 2MB/s to a sustained ~13MB/s.
Here is my review of the N53 that I received last week:
If you want to utilize the full potential of the N66 you'll need a Y-Cable and that takes up 2 USB slots which affects N66 portability. The N66 seems to be geared towards the home/office user who wants a solid 5GHz connection. For portability the N53 is a great choice and it costs 50% less.
Bonus: It looks friggin sweet.