Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,035 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,163 reviews
on April 3, 2016
Not outdoor. See photo, worth a thousand words. Only been a year.
review image
99 comments| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2017
Great buy, for a great price. These little speakers replaced some old yamaha speakers that a previous owner had set up for exterior sound. Bought two pairs (100w versions), installed them in series (the brackets while flimsy when just holding them, are really quite sturdy when screwed to the wall/rafters - especially with using wood screws), and gave them a test run.

Pros:
- small
- Inconspicuous
- Loud (can be heard at the other end of the farm without much trouble)
- Really good sound for outdoor speakers that cost this little.

Con:
- Wire connection in the back is weak. It is really easy to accidentally pull out the speaker wire after it has been connected (Dual really just needs to make the spring a little stronger)

I definitely recommend these speakers. Not sure how my neighbors feel... but they are a hill away... so probably won't ever find out.
on April 15, 2017
Pretty "trebley." I happen to be using them at a condo so I'm fine with there not being much lows but I'd be a disappointed with them at my house where the neighbors are further away. 5 stars because they are certainly priced right.
on May 26, 2017
One of the mounting screws that connects the speaker to the bracket was missing when I received it, but other than that a great value for the money.

UPDATE - Tried to get Amazon to help with the replacement of this part for a couple weeks without any luck. Finally, I made one call to the Manufacturer and after only one minute on the phone they took care of me and are sending out a replacement part free of charge. Big thumbs up to Dual Electronics, and a disappointed thumbs down to Amazon. I incorrectly assumed that Amazon would be easier to deal with on standing behind the product than the manufacturer, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

I increased my star rating from 3 to 5 because of the incredible customer service from the manufacturer.
on January 5, 2017
Just built a new room for my large wood stove and wanted to get some speakers up in the corners because what’s a fire without music? Nice brackets made it easy to get them where I wanted and the sound thorough a vintage amplifier sounds pretty good. I’m not audiophile but for 22-bucks I’m happy with the purchase and it’s nice having something that doesn’t sit on a shelf where a cat can use it for a scratching post.
on June 6, 2017
These work great. I have them outside. They are under cover but exposed to constant Florida humidity and moisture. NO direct rain though. Would buy from this seller and manufacturer again.
on November 2, 2015
Perfect for use in the garage. Surprisingly good sound for $30 a pair. Not for a hometheater setup at all. But for a garage or outdoor patio, perfect.

Update: 9-13-2016, Still working great. I have them in my attic firing their sound through the vent. I use them to pump holiday music, halloween effects, etc for neighborhood. Perfect at $30.00 a pair.

Update: 7-10-17, Still working great! Pumped holiday/rock music out in the front yard during the 4th of July. 2 years going strong at $30.00 a pair. Granted, they are in the attic.
on April 20, 2016
The speakers have very presentable appearance and provide good soundin the range advertised. With base notes starting at 100hz the lowerbase range,though ok,is not strong. The outer casing and structure is good except for what I will talk about below with respect to the connectors.
Adding to the base side of balance control helps to gain a sense of the base end of the spectrum but of course does not make up for frequencies not transmitted. So, not high end hi-fi for sure, but very listenable.
The cable connectors are cheaply made and must be handled with care or will break easily. In addition they do not grasp the speaker wire firmly and can easily disengage so have to be reconnected whenever moved. Really though,should we buyers have to put up with so much shoddiness.
Accepting the above, these speakers delineate sound nicely and are good for relaxed listening.
on August 31, 2016
Great sounding speaker and plenty of power!!! For the price these cant be beat, needed a set of speakers to pair up with out Enrock EKMR20SL stereo in our golf cart and these fit the bill. So far they have been on the cart for a year and have held up great, 80% outdoors, all kinds of terrain and still going. The side bracket screws do loosen up a bit so keep an eye on those, I'm sure you could lock-tight them or superglue the threads if you like them fixed but we move ours quite a bit so not an option. The terminal connectors are kind of cheapy also but have never had major issues and you could always caulk them when you have your wires connected. For what I paid these have held up great and sound good, wouldn't hesitate to buy again!!!
on July 10, 2016
For an inexpensive speaker, these sound pretty good, especially if you apply a judicious amount of EQ to them. I'm using them as a background music system in a public building and they fill the bill. They will actually go pretty loud, They also have a nice high tech appearance which looks good in the rooms they are installed in.