Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 60 reviews
on February 27, 2013
I never heard of Dual before and I was originally leaning on buying a car stereo from an established and well respected manufacturer. However, given the price of the unit from Dual, I thought that I'd take a chance... And I'm so glad that I did! I installed the unit over a week and a half ago and it works great! It is just as advertised in the item description.

I would recommend personally installing the unit yourself if you have some mechanical aptitude and technical skills. You're basically just putting in a metal mounting sleeve and splicing 12 wires together. Doing the installation yourself definitely added some personal satisfaction to the whole purchase. However, if you're still uncomfortable, it's a simple enough job for any neighborhood handyman that should only require a six pack or dinner as compensation.

First thing that you may want to do after installation is to go into the setup menu and adjust the illumination dimmer and set it to "low". My unit came set in the "hi" level and it may be quite bright for some. A bonus feature that wasn't in the item description is a red LED bulb that flashes when the face plate is off and your car key is out of the ignition. It makes it look like your car has an anti-theft security system. The only thing that puzzles me is the remote control...Really!! I guess it's for those who have a chauffeur and ride in the backseat.

Well, hope this review helps anyone still waiting on the fence trying to decide. Taking a chance was the best decision for me! :)
on November 2, 2014
I picked this Dual stereo up a year ago and it has performed superbly ever since. This model is just stellar. The LED screen it's very brightly illuminated and casts a vibrant blue, making it very easy to read day or night. The disc player and am/fm radio have worked flawlessly. I run a Sirius Starmate 4 through the rear auxiliary port, and I use the flash drive to charge my phone when I'm not listening to audio books downloaded on a 32 gig stick. On the front auxiliary port I stream Spotify thru my Galaxy S4. Yep, I'm a happy camper, with untold libraries of tunes with various means of exploiting them. With the flash drive, you can walk thru your files until you find the desired playlist. This monster has all the bells and whistles, and it initially seems complicated. But it's truly a breeze to operate. At first, with all these features, offered at this reasonable price, I was skeptical. But so far, so good. The only drawback is the slightly noticeable wheezing noise that amplifies when you accelerate while playing Sirius radio, which has something to do with the ground that I haven't solved yet. But otherwise, this is simply a stellar product. With any luck, it'll last thru many vehicles. Time will tell. I'm very happy with this product.
on July 26, 2014
I bought this unit because it had a great feature set at a great price and since I had installed several car radios before, installed it myself in my 1991 Toyota Camry. Some reviewers said that the display was too bright and could not be adjusted, but they obviously didn't read the manual. I was able to adjust the brightness and for three months I loved this unit except that radio reception was sub-par. In parts of town where I previously had no problem picking up my regional NPR station, this radio lost the signal almost entirely. Aggravating but not a reason to yank the unit and buy something else. Then the display started going haywire. After a while I noticed that the volume knob functioned only intermittently. Then after about 8 months it stopped functioning at all. About the same time the front auxiliary jack that I used to connect my iPod crapped out. I can still hear NPR and I can change channels, but the loss of the display and ability to adjust the volume, along with loss of ability to use my iPod, has forced me to look elsewhere. It won't be another Dual product.
on October 14, 2013
I ordered this stereo as a replacement for my stock headunit in my 1997 volvo 850. I found it to be a very easy install and fit very snug. I like the features (usb, aux port, cd player), and the illumination (brightness is adjustable) and am very happy overall with the stereo. Having never bought a stereo before i was looking for something my ipod and cd's could work on, wasnt very expensive and looked nice. This stereo does all of the above and more. Also, it made my stock speakers much more amped up so if you are going to replace your stereo with this one or any aftermarket one i would recommend replacing your speakers as well.

My only complaint is something that i find a little annoying. When you plug in an ipod with the aux cable, you can change the song on the ipod, and the headunit displays only the time. However, when you plug in an ipod with a usb cable, the sound quality first of is much better, and the headunit displays the name of the song. But, i can not figure out how to change songs using the ipod with it plugged into the usb. All i can see on my ipod is a screen that acknowledges that it is plugged into a dual device. This may be annoying to some people and it there may be a way to fix it. I have only had it for a day so i dont know yet.

Overall, this stereo is a great improvement over stock and if you are looking for a cheap-ish headunit that looks nice and does these things, this one is perfect.
on November 12, 2013
Got this because it was cheap and connected to my phone and I love it! Super easy to figure out and when I plug my iPhone in it charges it while playing the music to which is so nice! Also played music off an USB drive and it was clear and everything. The only thing is the nob pulls right off and after playing my phone when my friend plugged his iPhone in it took awhile for it to read it. The options are nice to you can choose how loud it's preset when something plugged of course control the bass and sub can choose front or rear speaker to send more power to and sub control fit perfectly on my 1993 corolla
on July 18, 2015
After about 6 months using this stereo, i junked it and put in a kenwood from my local best buy, for not much more money than this cost, this thing is crap, nothing but electrical buzzing when I used the USB port, CD player was sub par, and the deal breaker of it all was the radio quit working completely, swapped it out, new kenwood makes this thing look like a disgrace, I'm ashamed I bought this
on February 27, 2014
This was so easy to install, Wish it came with the wiring harness for cars but those are fairly cheap at walmart or even on here as well. But everything was just matching up the color wires and it works so much better then my old radio. Only thing was I left my car alone for almost a week iand tried using the aux jack again and it started playing everything really soft through there. I'm not sure if its the aux jack yet or the aux cord im using, but overall the device works well. Id recommend this for a cheap option.
on October 9, 2013
I like this unit, replaced an OEM head unit in my old truck. Works well, the remote even works (though I can't see a use for it). Does everything it says it should, has 4 channel speaker output + sub (which I haven't used). Even has a wiring diagram on the top. Great for the price.
on October 8, 2013
After about 4 months and less than 4 hours of use the USB option no longer works. It took so long to install in my tractor due to the custom set-up I needed to build that its not worth digging out and shipping back etc. You get what you pay for, but for the price I really can't complain too much. Price is the reason this is 3 instead of 2 stars.
on February 24, 2015
this one has no pause button. some features I didn't check before I bought it.. I guess my error.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.