About the Product
- Relive the classic TV series from the 1980's follow the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his three nephews Huey & Dewey & Louie as they fend off enemies including the Beagle Boys and Magica DeSpell on their quest to obtain treasures from across the world
- Authentic Disney experience - some of your favorite Disney characters are brought to life by many of the original voice-over talent from the classic DuckTales TV series and stage backgrounds take their inspiration from the classic TV episodes
- Learn to pogo - in an all new tutorial level learn the basic playing skills including Scrooge McDuck's iconic pogo jump and cane swing
- Visit the museum - track your achievements, progress and status on the leader boards in Scrooge McDuck's new Museum
- Cash in your coins at Scrooge McDuck's Money Bin - a new playable area, Scrooge's Money Bin allows players to track the amount of wealth accumulated and even take a swim through his latest spoils
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
For those not familiar with the game or series, you play as Scrooge McDuck and explore a series of non-linear levels to collect treasure. Your main attack is bouncing on enemies with your cane, and Scrooge can bounce all over the place as much as he wants. The formula is as simple and fun as classic Mario, and this is probably a really good buy if you enjoyed New Super Mario Bros. U. There are secret treasures hidden absolutely everywhere, so there is a bit of replay value to each stage, as well as a difficulty setting that makes the game quite challenging if you want it to be.
A word of caution: by today's standards this game is rather short. I was actually surprised to see it being sold as a physical game disc because I thought it was going to be e-Shop-only like most other arcade and NES releases. I don't want to discourage anyone from picking this up, but please make sure you're getting the best price before you buy this, as it should be a budget title.
The game is based off the original 1989 classic with only one additional level added. By today's standards, it is not a lengthy game that offers 50-60 hrs of game play, but set to hard, the game can get tricky at times and, in other places, be rather unforgiving.
Beyond the nostalgia factor, I think kids would love this game, and it's easy on the wallet.
While the "Easy" mode is easy only in the sense that you get unlimited respawns, it was still a challenge though.
As for "Medium" and "Hard" modes though, they should actually be titled "Nearly Impossible" and "You're Dead", because quite frankly, that's how it is! Great game though. Lots of fun and frustration.
My hope for the next remastered game? Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The CD is not inside the box. I arrived only the box ????!! The box is empty there is no CD?!Published 5 days ago by Wajdi
Game didn't even work and neither did the support code it gave me.Published 6 days ago by Amanda Stephens
I really like the game and this was exactly what I was looking for.Published 28 days ago by Aaron R.