Lyft Vehicles Review HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on April 13, 2017
I bought the audio version and loved it so much I wanted the book to reference as often as I need. Everything makes total sense now and I have already started putting these concepts to work. I am seeing the magic work before my eyes!! It is really common sense that's not so common so thank you Vicki Hoefle for waking me up! Many of us tend to parent the way we were raised or without deep thought into cause and effect. WE are the only reason the problem persists in our lives! I can see it takes time for the beautiful transformation much because it is so darn hard for me to shut up and stop feeding the weeds! Once you start doing it though you can see how this will have a compound effect like all things in life only this one is positively dreamy! Everyone wants better behaved children who participate around the house. I am done being a short order cook, a referee, a chauffeur, and most of all a maid! I am sooo excited for the future in our happy and emotionally healthy home! Thank you.
on December 4, 2016
As a counselor I would only use this with a FEW select parents as it can come across as somewhat harsh and in-your-face. The language is layman and clear. Some helpful ideas!
on May 22, 2017
This is exactly what I've been looking for. I needed an overarching trajectory, and not just a manual for how to survive the terrible twos, the teenage years, etc. This is it, combined with Vicki's other book, The Straight Talk on Parenting.Straight Talk on Parenting: A No-Nonsense Approach on How to Grow a Grown-Up

Gold in paper form! Buy both of them!
on April 5, 2015
From the Indian scenario perspective, everything might not be true as we live in a joint family and our kids don't leave us at the age of 18. Nevertheless, it will also be foolish to completely negate these concepts because I believe that these do give the good directions for the child upbringing. Every time I practice some part of it, I am seeing a positive results in my child. So me recommendation to Indian parents is to read this and ofcourse there is no harm in trying these concepts even though you might not want to go through the complete journey as mentioned in the book.
on December 19, 2014
AWESOME. I saw Vicki speak -- she is super dynamic and engaging and had so many practical tips. Her advice seemed a bit counter intuitive at first, but having followed her advice for a few months now, I can attest to the fact that it does work! I have a tween and a young teen and backing off does change the dynamics. I should stress that backing off doesn't mean letting them do whatever they want -- they still have consequences for their actions (or lack of actions). I only wish I had read this 10 years ago.
on November 17, 2015
GREAT book. Great great book. Just read it, or listen to the audio book. This is: Worth. Every. Penny. I have shared with friends who are fantastic loving parents struggling with this or that... they have ALL thanked me. We have all seen great sustainable changes where everyone is happier, more responsible, more connected in our family of 6, kids' ages ranging from 9-17. Enjoy!
on August 19, 2012
DUCT TAPE PARENTING could change your life in the best of ways. I hear so many people say that they wish they had closer, more genuine relationships with their children. Here is the book to help you make that happen. Our children will be the first people to tell anyone that the Parenting On Track philosophy is one of the best things that has happened in our family. Not only do we understand and know each other better, but we have found a common language and approach to resolving differences. Vicki Hoefle understands children and what motivates all kinds of behaviors. As I read her words, I feel like I am sitting in her class soaking up her pearls of wisdom. We will continue to use her book as a guide and reference to help us reboot our parenting approach for many years to come. Vicki knows that parenting is a work in progress that requires honest reflection and re-examination of how we engage with our kids. If you want kids who are capable, resilient and empowered, treat yourself to reading DUCT TAPE PARENTING.
on August 19, 2012
I used to keep a journal for each of my kids when they were younger. I just flipped through the first one I kept for my oldest child, looking for a particular entry. March 13, 2001. On that day, I wrote to him, "I just started a parenting course to find new tools for positively guiding you and avoiding the pitfalls of nagging and scolding." My kids were 3 and 5 years old then. That's when I first encountered Vicki Hoefle and her life-changing approach to parenting. Several of my friends took the course at the same time. In the months and years following the course, we'd talk over the inevitable challenging moments that arise in parenting, and as we mulled over ways to deal with each situation, someone would invariably say, "Well, what would Vicki do?!" Thank goodness she's published a book at last, so I can keep her nearby and get her simple, clear, open-hearted instruction whenever I need it. My boys are now young men, getting ready to head into the world. I know I'm biased, but I believe they've got the three R's--respectful, responsible, resilient--down pretty well! And I give Vicki a huge amount of the credit for that.
on November 18, 2016
This book is so helpful, thought-provoking, and refreshing that I was already ordering Vicki's 2nd book, Straight Talk on Parenting, before I had finished this one. I couldn't wait to see what else she could tell me. She presents a parenting method that is different from how I was raised, yet feels comfortable and "right". I highly recommend reading this book!
on February 18, 2017
... you actually learn something . Perhaps not something new, but certainly put in a way that makes the thinking behind this book easy to grasp and implement. I found it easy to put into practice and felt it took away some of the parenting stress I had been under. This is s very good addition to any parenting book shelf.