Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Office Equipment Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty. Power surges covered from day one.
- EXPERT TECH HELP: Real experts available 24/7 to help with set-up, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Plans cover products purchased in the last 30 days.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
Mobile Pixels Duex Pro - Upgraded 2.0 Portable Monitor for Laptops - 12.5" Full HD USB Screen Plug and Play
|Display Size||12.5 Inches|
|Hardware Interface||USB 3.0|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Attachable dual screen; 12.5 inch FHD or 1080P IPS anti-glare monitor with adjustable brightness; Compatible with USB Type-C, Type-A, Windows, Mac and Chromebook laptops
- Ultraportable, energy saving and compact design; 1.6 pound lightweight and 0.48 inch ultrathin monitor; Use in airplanes, coffee shops and co-working spaces
- Features simple to use plug and play; Attach on adhesive plates, plug in and slide out the extender
- Offers 5 use modes; Full 270° rotation and 180° presentation mode to share the same laptop screen; Slide to either side of your laptop monitor; Option for landscape or portrait viewing
- Energy Star, BSMI, CE, FCC, KCC, RoHS, UL, WEEE and CA65 certified; High quality industrial materials help withstand wear and tear; One year warranty
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Describe your products in 3 words.
Portable, Lightweight, Efficient
How did you come up with the idea for this product?
My name is Jack Yao, our company is Mobile Pixels Inc. We started the company when I was a graduate student at MIT. During an internship at Amazon, I urgently felt the need of using a portable monitor as I was working in a co-working space. The idea came to when I was doing some programming work, I wished that I could have had a monitor that can be expanded from the back of the main laptop display.
When I return to school the following semester, my roommate Stephen and I started to prototype this idea. With funding from Northeastern University and MIT, we launched a Kickstarter/IndieGoGo campaign which raised 1.5MM in pre-sales.
What makes your product special?
Our product is the first monitor that integrates into one's laptop as a one-piece solution to hit the market. It simply magnetizes to the back of a laptop, the user just has to connect a single USB cable, slide out the screen, and the Duex Pro is on. It is as simple as that.
What has been the best part of your experience?
The best part has been about developing our Duex Pro from scratch with Stephen.
I made the first prototype by using an LCD screen from my mom's broken laptop. I build the housing at MIT's hobby shop using acrylic and an off the shelf driver board. That allowed me to gather people's interest around whether or not a portable display will prove to be useful.
Then with the help of Stephen, we started producing the prototype using CAD and 3D printing the components to build a functional prototype. We also hired a solutions provider to design and produce a sample run of 10 custom video driver boards.
From there, we did more market research/consumer interviews and refined our prototype more to the point that we can use it to shoot a commercial for our Kickstarter.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
FYI - the review is based on my experience with XPS 15 2-in-1 which has a USB-C port.
I've been a major user of the BeChiq line of portable monitors, and have typically loved them because of their weight and easy accessibility. The negative was that I needed to have the desk space and the ports (HDMI and a USB power source) to get the monitors working for the models that I have.
In comes the Duex.
+ I no longer have to worry about where on my desk is it going to fit
+ one single cable, I don't need to carry a portable hub to convert it
+ weight is just as light as the other portable monitors
+ the magnets snap on really easily, plenty of leeway to monitor around if it is not perfectly centralized
+ The swivel on the monitor, I've already found myself using it twice to show someone my screen while I was in the conference room - was not planned.
+ took seconds to set up.
+ Able to set up with four monitors (including the Duex) rather easily and quickly.
+ I can carry it to a meeting and I automatically have a second screen.
None of these are really cons - but I figured I'd spell it out as FYI's:
- I have not had the chance to test it out with a laptop that did not have a USB-C - I'm sure the user experience is going to change a little bit.
- I sometimes forget that my laptop's is not used to the weight of the of the additional monitor, and it could be pulled back while I am carrying the laptop with the screen open. That's more my stupidity than anything else.
Screenshot: I have a frankenstein set-up at the work place to make it work with my standing desk. With two main monitors (24" and 27") and my laptop, the duex has a different size altogether. :) Duex is on the bottom right.
They sent a replacement but the issues are still there. I am working with them to find a resolution and determine what hardware/software issues are to blame. Will deliver an update after 1 month.
Top reviews from other countries
It's easy to set up and use and the free kickstand I got makes it easy to use in either orientation if needed.
I dropped a star as the weight does pull the display down the magnets and I am unable to place flush with the desk, for stability, with my gaming laptop due to its size. I know that's more of a fault of the laptop but if the magnets for the laptop had a cutout to help hold the device magnets in place it would help in these instances.
Overall very happy with the device and I'm sure I'll have colleagues wanting to get one too if the company will cover it for them.
This has been one of the best experiences with faster than expected shipping and good follow up from the dealer to ensure all is well. If you are to buy this product. Id recommend this dealer.
PS. I will be eager to order from Belle Home again when they have a product I need