Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 190 reviews
on August 30, 2016
This book stands beautifully on its own, and is a breathtakingly perfect conclusion to all the previous Desperate Duchess books which include Villiers, this hero. He is elegant, enticing, multi-faceted and delicious. The heroine is unique, warm, intelligent, warm-hearted and they are each other's equal and match. The writing is fantastic: witty, lively, thoroughly engaging. I recommend this book highly.
on August 13, 2017
Amazing story, amazing writing, a classic. This is one of my go-to reads for historical romance. Eloisa James writes insightful, entertaining romance. I especially loved Villiers! A duke owning up to his past indiscretions and taking responsibility for his illegitimate children is a man I can root for. His path to finding love with Eleanor was perfectly imperfect...the kind of book I want to read again and again (and I do!).
on February 8, 2017
I so enjoy reading Eloise James' writing. Loved Leopold and Eleanor's HEA. The storyline was unlike any I've seen before, and it kept me reading long into the night. There is a host of wonderful characters in this series, and having only read two of the books (out of order, as I was anxious to read Villiers' story), I'm looking forward to reading the others in this Desperate Duchesses series.
on August 18, 2016
This series is absolutely beautifully and exquisitely written full of love, laughter, pain and forgiveness. If you want to truly appreciate these books, start at book 1 and proceed. You'll be glad you did. THANK YOU Ms James for all of the wonderful hours of reading you have given to my life.
on November 2, 2015
As usual, Eloisa James continues to delight. Her characters are fun, developed and sometimes throw in a surprise or two. I enjoy her writing more than most romantic novelists, although I do wish she would lighten up on some of the detailed "love making scenes"...not that they are not true to life, but just because they take a bit of the mystery out of the romance. I tend to skip over many of these narratives as I don't find that they add very much to the overall story...only serve as a titillating diversion ~ one that I personally don't need.
Other than that, I will probably continue to read her books...as a distraction to the humdrum of the daily routine, lol, but also because, like most little girls who have never really "grown up" I continue to dream that maybe (someday) I too could finally realize that dream of becoming a fairy tale princess (or in EJ's case, a duchess)......
on August 2, 2017
One of my favorites by E. James.
on May 31, 2017
good
on February 20, 2017
I really really wanted to know more about the Duke of Villiers after glimpsing his intriguing self in previous tales. His story did not disappoint. I am so glad he was able to find his heart in Eleanor's hands. Truly a love story worth discovering.
on May 19, 2014
I have read all the Desperate Duchesses books and loved them all, but A Duke of Her Own is my favourite. I loved the verbal sparring and the double entendre between Leopold and Eleanor. I started this book in the early morning and finished a 1am the next morning. I woke my husband and least 3 times chortling during the course of racing through this book. I will need to read this again as I'm sure I missed pieces, but that is the benefit of having a kindle. Many thanks Eloise for a sumptuous novel.
on March 13, 2014
I enjoyed this book. I liked seeing how Eleanor and Leopold got to know one another. I also liked getting to meet his children. I would recommend this to anyone who likes Eloisa James books.