Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 6, 2013
I've been putting off doing these reviews because I just never feel qualified to do so. I still haven't even finished this game since I purchased it, but that's my problem--not the game's.

The game itself: It's a fun little shooter. Very formulaic. As far as I've gotten in the game, I haven't found anything that really massively sets it apart from other shooters. The same old sophomoric Duke Nukem humor is there, all the weapons are there, objectification of women, etc. It's what you'd expect from a Duke Nukem title, but probably not worth the decade wait for it. Still, if you want a fun shooter, you could do worse.

As far as extras go: The bust of Duke Nukem is only about four inches tall, so it's not much to speak of. There's some other stuff inside that also seem silly for such an expensive collection. Even the deck of cards is small. And I can hardly believe that anything about Duke Nukem is small.

In all, it's a decent enough game, but probably not worth the extra price for this collector's edition.
on September 16, 2013
I bought this for my husband. The little statue thingy is cute (I told him he should use it as a profile picture because he doesn't post any of himself. Joke of course because I know that violates copyright). I guess he likes the game. He's quick to complain when he doesn't like a game and he hasn't said anything about it so....
on January 12, 2013
Pros:
It's freaking Duke, come on!
Waited 12 years for this and enjoyed every minute of it
Definitely tried to push the M rating on it - good job 2K! Hope you made 3D Realms proud to have sold to you.
Balls of Steel Edition is an awesome way to show your Duke pride.
Should have used Megatron's version of the Duke theme but the rekeyed theme song for this is still pretty epic
Love all the cool stuff given for being a pre-purchase, diehard fan.
Jon St John is the man

Cons:
Can tell this was made cross-platform - totally has consolitis with events obviously meant for a trigger button to activate and quick time events plus the dreaded checkpoint save system (seriously, take the extra day to code save anywhere ability for the PC release. It's a PC game franchise for crying out loud).
on December 23, 2014
While I did really like the game itself, this collector's edition was super disappointing, only because it was much smaller than I imagined. The artbook is really cool and so are all the little casino knick knacks you get. And I would have loved the Duke bust if it was twice the size it is. It's literally just too small.
on October 11, 2012
I bought this strictly for the nostalgia, of duke. I have not yet played the game, i have to many great cheap games i bought here on amazon and its a ways back in the play list order yet.
I loved the items they included, i have opened the package but none of the items are unwrapped and thats the way it will stay (till i finally open the gamecase)
When i finally get my new desk built this will be one of the many collectors edition on display above it.
Cant beat the $22 price, if u havent bought it, buy it simply because of the price.
on September 6, 2013
I buy these more for the collectables than the games, but I still enjoy playing the video games. This set was under $25.00 when I purchased it. It comes with a polystone bust of Duke, the game (PC), an artbook, postcards, notepad, dice with the worldwide symbol for radiation on them, playing cards, a Duke Nukem sticker and a few other items.

If you collect these sets Like I do, you'll enjoy this set also. And the game was a lot of fun.
on September 12, 2014
I'm going to start off by saying I'm a huge fan of Duke Nukem and that I personally enjoyed Forever a lot. Honestly the low scores made it easier for me to acquire this edition due to the extremely low price. The package came factory sealed like promised and no damages were apparent. All the included merch was inside. A gradicious purchase.
on June 28, 2014
I already had one Duke Nukem forever Balls of Steel Edition, but I made the mistake of opening it. I liked this game so much that I bought this and one for my friend who introduced me to Duke Nuken 3D when it was released and I bought him this game for about $5.00 on steam, so he wouldn't be tempted to open this even if he did.
on July 11, 2014
I don't know why people jumped on the hate wagon when it came to this game. Sure it wasn't as visually impressive as other games, but the classic Duke Nukem atmosphere and sense of humor is there! There are some weird parts but the game is loads of fun.

Definitely check out the DLC too.
on June 25, 2012
The only reason to buy this game is to give closure for Duke Nukem.

Duke Nukem: Forever is not a good game. It is a bad game with an infamous development cycle that somehow was released. If it was "Generic Alien Shooter", it would quickly be forgotten. I can't say anything positive about this game when compared to its predecessor Duke3D, the game just feels regressive in each aspect except for graphics. What's worse it is that the graphics aren't that great.

The weapons are no longer fun to handle and you can only carry up to 4 at a time (PC version update), the maps are the polar opposite of the original game where you can't go around exploring - a symptom of modern FPS'. Interactivity is limited like the original except now you can can pick up human shit and throw it. Also the goddamn stadium level is terrible, it's like going through your baby photos and on a random page your mother has a picture of Tubgirl there for no particular reason (don't look up tubgirl).

There is nothing particularly horrible about the gameplay but I expect better from a sequel to one of the best 2.5D games in history. Also quick time events suck. It feels that the version of the game I'm playing is all the derivative stuff from shooters post-2001.

I ordered the BoS Edition, the extras are nice but not awesome in anyway. Since the price of it is so low just buy this version, the trinkets might give you more entertainment. Any idiot who thinks the game is great they are lying.

The ONLY reason to buy this for closure. Don't get it for the gameplay - you will be disappointed. Don't get it if you're interested to see what's all the fuss about - you are a person who is 20 or younger save up your precious coins for a better game.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.