Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on August 5, 2011
For a while I had begun to think that guides were useless and that if I needed some help with a game I could go on the internet to get some help, but this guide changed all that, now this is a limited edition with an additional art book in the back. What I can tell you is the guide is very very helpful for the game as well, the maps are detailed and the info helps quite a bit. The hardcover is very nice as well.
on July 10, 2013
The guide helped a lot while playing on the hardest difficulty and getting the collectibles/ trophies/achievements. There is a HUGE art section in the book and that was my favorite part about it.
on July 22, 2015
High quality book!
on January 25, 2014
Okay game was a turd but at lest this walk through helps point out some funny parts of the game you may have missed.
on February 11, 2015
Frekin great
on June 15, 2011
This limited edition book is surprisingly well put together. I haven't had a chance to look through it in its entirety, but the hard cover is extremely good looking, especially with Duke Nukem's nuclear logo on the front! Also, this isn't really mentioned on the Amazon page, but this book includes about 100 pages of art, history, and behind-the-scenes information on Duke Nukem Forever! This was unexpected and an especially worthy addition to the book considering its price!
on December 19, 2013
it helped find game secrets and other helpful items I do not know what else to type down that is all.
on June 28, 2011
Amazon: This was to be shipped with my other order but it got shipped the same time as my other book/guide & packed
very well together, would of been better if all of the items ordered were shipped together/same place to save U money.
Glad I bought my items from Amazon, saved a bit on MSRP & free shipping "two thumbs up !"

Now to the book, this is much better than what others were stating, the book gets 5 Stars IMO,
(where the game may lack a bit), I hate to cheat and look at a guide til I'm fished w/the game, so I must wait to
finish the game and see what I've missed, the pages I scrolled through looks very well balanced & well made so far
and can't wait to read it from page to page.
on February 9, 2013
Duke Nukem Forever. The supposedly vapourware title that would've never been released i fit wasn't for Gearbox Software and it`s charismatic CEO Randy Pitchford. In mid 2011 Duke Nukem Forever actually hit the shelfs... and rock bottom. The game got abysmal reviews by critics and gamers alike. However if you keep an open mind about Duke Nukem Forever, you will see that the game offers quite some joyful moments and that there's a lot of variety in terms of level design, especially considering it's DLC The Doctor Who Cloned Me. As a hardcore Duke Nukem 3D fan I was really looking forward to any type of art book for this special game. That said I ordered the Balls of Steel Limited Edition Guide to the game, featuring the History, Legacy & Legend - Duke Nukem Forever - Art from the Vaults section.

The book is an extensive, around 350 pages thick game guide. The guide has a hardcover binding which is not of the best quality and the pages are very thin. Overall it feels very cheap. About 100 pages are dedicated to the games art. Of course in this review I will only talk about the book`s art section. The Art from the Vaults section is divided into 6 chapters. You will get an insight on the development of the Duke himself, his arsenal, aliens, allies, environments and more.

The art across those 100 pages is kind of a mixed bag. Some drawings are really, really good - very detailed and lovely laid out. However some of the stuff looks kind of bland and soulless. I kind of get the feeling that this has something to do with the game's horrendous development cycle, artists that came and went as well as a certain lack of focus and overall goal.

One thing I would've really loved to see more of, is the evolution of DNF's art. I would've loved to see some more progression shots (1998-2011), especially in terms of level design.

However looking at the art in this book, it really shows how much creative power went into this game. There are many details and cool stuff you can find, especially in some of the scribbles. At times it really makes you wonder what went wrong with the actual game... Here's hoping that Gearbox will not let the King (Duke) die like that. I am looking forward to the next Duke Nukem game and hopefully a nice art book will accompany it. Considering that you can get this book for about 5 bucks, I'd say if you are a Duke Nukem fan, snatch a copy. If you're not a fan, there's not too much this book has to offer, except for a few nice pieces of art and titbits on the game's development.

For more Reviews like this, visit my personal homepage (check out my profile for the link) where I review video game art books.
on July 15, 2014
Lots of neat pictures of the game through the many years it took to make it.