Dumb and Dumber (Unrated Edition) [Blu-ray]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This never-before-seen unrated version of the comedy classic includes all-new scenes and extended scenes that take the laughs further than ever!]]>
Top Customer Reviews
For those of you who would like to know, here are the differences (info copied from wikipedia):
* In the PG-13 version, when Mental tears Petey's (Harry's parakeet) head off, it cuts after he says "I Tawt I Taw a Putty Tat!". In the unrated version, it shows him violently squeezing Petey's head with his fists.
* In the PG-13 version, Seabass is about to spit on Harry's burger, but the camera cuts to Lloyd, while the spitting sound is still heard. In the unrated version, it shows the spit coming out of his mouth onto the burger.
* In the unrated version, when Joe Mental and Shay (the female accomplice) are waiting by the side of the road for Harry and Lloyd to drive by, Shay says to Joe: "turn around, I gotta squeeze a lemon" and crouches down.
* In the unrated version, when Seabass finds Lloyd in the bathroom, Lloyd keeps repeating 'find a happy place' to which Seabass replies, 'I'll show you a happy place!' before dropping his own pants and grabbing his crotch.
* After the gas station scene a new scene occurs while driving where Harry makes fun of Lloyd about being in a bathroom with a 6 foot four man with his pants down.Read more ›
This is a great DVD edition. The deleted scenes are hilarious - and some probably should have been left in the movie (like the "other peoples' money - seize the day" scene). The alternate endings are also pretty cool, but they definitely chose the best ending for the actual theatrical release. The retrospective documentary is also quite interesting, as you get some insight into the production, casting, etc... of the movie, as well as the impact it has had on comedy fans over the years. If you search through the interactive menus enough, you will even find a couple of hidden features.
Dumb and Dumber lives on as a standout comedy film. It just never seems to get old... I'm just excited to finally get some bonus footage from this comedy classic!
If you're a fan like me, and can almost recite EVERY line from memory, seeing this Uncut Version will be a nice treat, especially when it come to the extras (though everything fits on only 1 disc, so we don't get a whole lot of content). I liked seeing the extra footage, but as soon as I finished this new version, I went online and bought the original PG-13 DVD -- becuase that's the film that I loved and memorized years ago. Extra footage is nice, and a few sections of the Deleated Scenes are really funny, but they really did leave the funniest stuff in the original version. Still, buy this version for the extras, but buy the original on DVD as well. That's the version that will always be a classic, no matter how much time passes.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of my wife's and my favorites. Never gets old. Lots of great one liners. I like it ALoT.Published 15 hours ago by Richandfamous
We've watched this movie probably 50 times and still get a huge laugh off of it!!Published 27 days ago by Durand D Berg