Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on December 10, 2016
This is an easily learned game that has hidden depths and a whole range of tactics. It's beautifully constructed and obviously a product of a lot of caring thought. There is a little something in here for most people and it may even attract a few people into the board gaming world who have previously only dabbled in things like Magic.
Excellent effort and I personally can't wait to play more often
Pity about the box though!!
on August 12, 2016
As others have pointed out, the game itself is not particularly good (in large part just because it takes way too long). So, like many, I have bought these sets for the minis. I had all the other ones before this one, and this is the only one where the minis seem of a lesser quality. Compared with the other sets, the paint jobs are much more simplistic, and use fewer colors. Also, the bugbear looks nothing like the bugbear in the 5e Monster Manual. The Horned Devil looks great, though, and you can never have too many wolves.
on March 24, 2013
This is a mid 80's kids Nostalgic dream. I personally liked play the story based games in this series, I own the Wrath of Ashardalon. Dungeon command is still similar and amazing also nice if you don't have Risk type of time on our hands. Its turn based battle stagey. Wizards of the Coast was nice enough to make the game play similar and the creature cards and the painted figurines from dungeon command into story based games. Also the movement tiles are interchangeable. It was worth the money just to play with the figurines again. If you like this game, but you want more more a campaign storyline game go with the adventure based game. A easy way to say it is... If you liked Magic or Dungeons and Dragons better. Something for both. Essentially the similar both tell the story, but the game play is similar to those two ways of fantasy gaming.
on July 22, 2014
Honestly, the game itself is not for me (it's a tactical game, and I prefer dungeon crawlers) but it is fun to play and it allows me to expand my DnD board games and my Descent: Journeys into the dark bard games.

Bonus... the minis are pre-painted, so one less step to be able to use them and the map tiles fit with descent and DnD.

OK game... better when used as a DnD or Descent expansion pack
on November 8, 2013
Really cool box. We all know the quality of the Wizards products, so I'm doing a quick review of the theme.

I play DC with a friend, we have 4 boxes (haven't bought the one with the Ogre as big figure), and this box is really cool, other than the Undead one I would say that this is the toughest to play against.

Just the Devil figurine and creature card are extremely difficult to kill. Order cards are a little unbalanced.
on October 24, 2016
Great game for the value. The miniatures are great looking at look just as good on a role playing. Excellent looking miniatures that serve a double purpose.
on July 19, 2015
I purchased this for the miniatures and the map tiles more than for the game itself. The quality is great, but one corner of a map tile has some damage. It's still functional and usable but it just bothers my OCD. Still worth every penny.
on December 26, 2012
Was really disappointed when they canceled the DND minis line a year or two ago, but, this is MUCH better and now I'm glad they discontinued the old ones.

I love that if I have an adventure to run that requires goblins I can just grab this one pack and have enough rather than having to buy boxes and boxes of random minis *hoping* that I get the right ones and then end up using filler minis that don't really fit.
on June 12, 2013
I bought these because I play D&D and it's a great price for the minis. I'm very pleased with the quality of the minis. I haven't even played the Dungeon Command game yet, and I'm already satisfied with the quality of the minis for playing D&D. I'll write an update once I have a chance to play the Dungeon Command game to give a review of it too.
on October 13, 2013
Exactly what they say it is. It can be used three ways, miniatures for tabletop role play, as a skirmish war game, or as an add on to Wizards of the Coast's dungeon board games.

The product is a good value for any of those uses. The miniatures themselves have good paint jobs and decent sculpts.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.