+ $3.99 shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Design and modify a customizable dungeon, floor-by-floor, using simple controls to quickly develop a deep and detailed dungeon.
- Strategically lay out and improve your dungeon to maximize its attractiveness and lure the most sought-after enemies to take their loot.
- Fight real-time battles wielding various melee and ranged weapons, casting magic spells, rendering special attacks, and summoning creatures to defeat the wide variety of monsters including undead creatures, orcs, and dragons.
- Enjoy the vast selection of building materials to customize your dungeon and complete quests to access the rarer items from the wide array of weapons, armor, and accessories to upgrade your warrior.
- Trade dungeons - Utilize network connectivity to trade dungeons with a friend. Show off your dungeon creation skills and explore a friend's dungeon to see what kinds of monsters and treasures lie inside.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
An original title developed specifically for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Dungeon Maker: Hunting Ground offers addictive gameplay with a simulation dungeon creation element and real-time battles hunting for monsters to collect gold and items, and complete various quests offered by the townspeople.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The fighting elements are classic Dungeon Crawler RPG, with magic spells and special attacks, combined with various weapons and armor types. You can only enter the dungeon once per day, and each day you can make a meal, which will improve your ratings after sleep.
While it is nothing groundbreaking in any area, it is a fun and easy combination of gaming types. Very much a casual game, also very easy to get caught up and play for hours.
For me I am not that detail oriented nor do I care to be creative. I only gave it 2 stars because I wanted something dungeon related but not this much... others will undoubtedly give it 5+ stars because it will appeal to them more than me.
It is available in UMD form (to buy as a game) for the PSP or you can download it to your PSP, as well as Vita or PS3 from the playstation network.
This is a blast to create your own dungeon, and the graphics are very good. If you like dungeon crawlers, or particularly ever played any of the Etrian Odysseys for the DS and liked them (you don't create the dungeons in E.O. games, but you are responsible for mapping them), you'll enjoy this. As stated, the E.O. series wasn't dungeon creating but rather dungeon mapping, the dungeons were already developed, but they're similar enough that most who like one will like the other.
There are plenty of other elements to the game to keep you busy... quests (see complaint below), different ways to power up your character aside from just weapons/armor/accessories, such as bracelets, rings and most interesting and fun "roots" which you foster and upgrade with special items you find in the dungeon. This is a great game to come back to and continue at any time without really losing too much feel of where you left off. That's not to say the game is too simple either, like I said, its got enough layers beside just building mazes to make it a lot of fun.
The quests are mostly fetch quests, nothing too in depth. Find such and such an item and bring it back. Others are find a specific monster and slay them (aside from the game's bosses). On an RPG scale I'd give this game maybe 3 or 3.5, but compared to what is available for the PSP in terms of good RPGs, I decided to give it a solid 4.
Another important thing to note is that I tend to shy away from games with real time based combat. I much prefer either grid based battle or head to head menu - either way, turn based battle where I have time to make my choices, I'm very old school in that way. Although you can use magic and items in Dungeon Maker, it is real time action based combat, you swing with your weapon, there are special moves based on the weapon, and you can pause battle to cast a spell or use items. The battle is simple but well done, enough to make even me enjoy the battle element of the game.
A lot of fun.