Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
NWN SAGA: This collection contains the original NWN game together with its two expansions, Hordes of the UnderDark and Shadow of UndrenTide as well as Kingmaker a collection of Premium Modules, namely Kingmaker, ShadowGuard and Witch's Wake.
Note that the Premium Modules collection is not complete. Three are missing: Infinite Dungeons, Pirates of the Sword Coast, and Wyvern Crown of Cormyr. They are probably missing because they came with DRM that required ...always OnLine authentication (they have been pushing this for years!) - and EA took the servers down once they had been hacked at least once. Still, one would expect, after almost a decade, that the missing modules could be included in a DRM-free version. Disappointing.
...Read more ›
1. In order to to play the original Neverwinter Nights Campaigns on the later versions of windows you need to insure that you have the latest "critical rebuild" patch available from bioware (a few hundred MBs)and you should run the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2, more than likely in game cut screens will not work.If you do not have game version 1.69 or later versions of Windows will block the program due to "known compatibilty issues", You may also need to download older versions of the .NET Framework and "override" them if windows asks you about software compatibility.
2. Make sure to install all expansion packs for NWN2 prior to playing and you must run the update patch prior to installing mysteries of westgate. The reason for this is that when installing Mask of the Betrayer it creates a glitch in the original campaign that will stop game play early on.It will also provide more classes to choose from for those who are playing for the first time.
3. Intel Graphics adapters are not supported. Ensure you have an ATI (AMD) Radeon or NVIDIA Graphics card with pixel shader 2.0 or later with 3.0 or later recommended. I also recommend making sure that you have dedicated graphics. You will need to install Direct X 9 even if you have 10 (Windows Vista) or 11 (Windows 7) so choose to allow the game to install it for you or download the redistributal package from Microsoft's website.
4. For Better audio support use a 3rd party Sound card as opposed to your standard on board graphics (for more of a "3-D Sound" feel). I use Sound Blaster X-FI.Read more ›
I have played on several servers (Some of these feature better content then the official campaign.)
If you purchase this product or already own the games I would recommend taking a look at the following servers (They are totally free and have viable player populations.)
Higher Ground POA (This world is gigantic, it is a mini MMOG. Its has so much to offer that I could write a review about this server alone. Higher Ground has all the standard D&D fair plus the Hells, Abyss, Elysium, and soon the Elder Evils.)
Totally free and its game balance and content could easily compete with pay to play games.
This server requires CEP 2.3 etc. but they made it easy to install everything all at once via their helpful ARF2 download
Heart of Winter (This is a very well designed world with a heavy Player vs. Player component that is always challenging (Trust no one.). The faction fights are a blast!)
Role Playing Servers:
Escape from Undeath (Very low power and low magic, but extremely well crafted and balanced to be ultra challenging)
The role play on this server is quite serious and extremely fun. It really is amazing how much fun levels 1-12 can be.
So after a bit of research, I found this description how to make it run on my 64 bit system, and for me it worked fine:
[...] - use this bit here:
"If you wish to install from the disk(s) or from GOG or from Impulse
1. Install game using a custom install. When you are given the path to the install folder, change the path using the browse folder button so that it is NOT installed in 'programs (x86)', but directly on C drive. Do not make any shortcuts during the install process.
3. (Disk install only) Go to the patch page (link currently not working. See updates below for patch links) and download the correct 1.69 critical rebuild and install it. [...].
4. Open NWN folder and find nwnmain.exe and nwn.exe.
5. Right click on these and select properties. Set them to run with full permissions, as administrator and under compatibility mode windows XP service pack 2 or 3.
6. (If you want a desktop shortcut) Right click on nwnmain.exe and create a shortcut. Drag and drop this to your desktop.
7. Update your drivers for video and sound. (go to the manufacturers of your cards' support pages. Laptop support pages can be very behind the times)"
Also, after installing the game and before running it, you need the "English patch 1.69 for NWN with HotU", BIOWARE's official site does not provide the patch anymore, but on the site I gave you, there is a link for the English patch 1.69 for NWN with HotU.
Hope this helps a few people, the non-compatibility issue is not a reason to rate the game so low and it can be overcome pretty easily.
Have fun :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
You can buy this cheaper at Good old Games (gog.com) and they work on the newer computers.Published 4 months ago by Scott
Very amazing game in my opinion, great replay value and worth every penny I spent. Highly recommended, especially to those of you who like fantasy rpg types or D&D.Published 13 months ago by Kristen Tennison
This was by far my favorite PC game. I unfortunately lost my copy due to a fire but would recommend to anyone.Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer
Works great and offers all the entertainment a person is looking for in an RPG.Published 22 months ago by KHALID EL ASHMAWI
If you like Dungeons & Dragons, Computor RPG's, & dungeon delving galor, this is the ULTIMATE Collection for you! Read morePublished 23 months ago by Brian E