Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 23, 2014
This product does what its supposed to do, hold pics.

It comes with foam stick pad on the back to attach to your instrument or other location you choose so you have easy access to your plectrums.

The thing I did not like is how big it actually is, specifically wide, I would like to see a more compact version.

The picture is a little misleading, by looking at the image it looks like a pick will fit snugly, taking up the majority of space in the holder, but in fact the holder dwarfs the pick.

I will submit some user photos to show what I am talking about.

Fits 9 .60mm plectrums, 10 if you force them.

Fits 7 .96mm pletrums, 8 if you force them.

Fits 5 1.14mm plectrums, 6 if you force them
review imagereview image
181 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on August 11, 2015
My daughter loved it! It was a bit large for her guitar, but then again her guitar is small. She is only 4 and was excited to have somewhere to place her picks!
review image
18 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 15, 2017
Good for your pants pocket or instrument case pocket too! Though it has a small square peel and stick on the back for attaching to your guitar if you prefer-as it seems they were designed for that. The springs sometimes get a little wonky, and sometimes picks can get stuck depending on their shape, but overall I like these a lot. They are cheap enough to replace if they get lost or fail. None of mine have done so as yet though!

Better than trying to find picks in your pocket when you need them, and you can carry about 4 picks (depends on thickness and shape) or so in them to vary your choice of picks.
on June 27, 2017
These are super handy! Place a few picks in there, stick it on the back of your headstock (or where ever is best for you) and live worry free of having a pick on hand or when you drop a pic during a show! I think mine holds about 5 picks, I usually use thicker picks. It sticks just fine on the back of my head stock and I can easily grab a pick out of it at any time. I no longer worry about where I have placed my picks, or placing them in the strings for later use. I have this and I always know there is a pick near by.
|0Comment|Report abuse
This is a very nice guitar pick holder but it only holds five to six picks at a time, depending on how thick your picks are. If you are always loosing your pick this is nice to attach to your guitar or buy in your case, just don't expect it to hold many.
Personally I rely heavily on the reviews of others when I'm shopping. With that said, it's my goal to be as helpful and as honest as possible when writing a review. If you found this review helpful, please click "yes".
review image
on March 10, 2014
I've had these off and on through the years -- they're a great solution to a problem most performing guitarists have. You drop your pick in the middle of a gig or a song, and you don't have the time to go fishing around on the floor to find it. Yes, you'll recover it later, but in the meantime you need something with which to play the guitar. Stick this guy on the back of your guitar's headstock and fill it with your favorite picks. It doesn't hold a ton of them, but I've found I can fit four or five (maybe six?) dunlop .88's in mine, which is more than enough for my purposes. There are other solutions to the problem of pick loss mid-gig, but I haven't found one that I like more than this one. I know where my picks are, they aren't visible to anyone but me (so no issues of theft or whatever), and it's an area of the guitar I'm not going to bump by accident. That's what I don't like about the microphone-stand pick holders. Also, not all guitarists do backing vocals, and not all gigs have microphones. This is a good, low-tech, flexible solution to a common guitar player problem. I recommend.
2 people found this helpful
on November 21, 2017
These pick holders are much larger than a standard guitar pick, nearly twice the width. For me that was an issue because I did not want to risk marring the finish on my expensive guitars, so I planned to mount the pick guard on the neck heel (small flat in the back of the neck where it joins the body). The heel is about the size of a pick, but the pick holder being so much larger it didn't fit there. If you don't mind smacking this right on the soundboard or body front on your guitar then this may work well for you, but not for me.
on April 3, 2016
This is the best pick holder to directly attach to your instrument.

Depending on the thickness of your pick it can hold roughly 12 thin picks, 9 medium picks or 5 thick picks.
The low profile flat design is great so it won't get in the way on your instrument. The picks are easy to load and take out (not the "mini" picks though).

The included foam tape is advertized not to damage your finish. It's so small that it shouldn't do anything.
If you have to remove the holder, you are probably going to need new double sided tape. Be careful to find one that won't damage your finish!
Or just order another one at $2. It's really a steal and every guitarist should get one.

I respond to comments if you have any questions!
VINE VOICEon February 14, 2015
I really wanted to like this product. I have been using a metal case that holiday lip balm came in, to store my picks. I thought a pick holder would be nicer, but my picks are back in the metal case and this holder is headed for the trash can. It is so hard to get the picks out of this holder, that it isn't worth it. It holds about 5-6 picks, depending on their thickness. I am still in search of a nicer pick holder, but don't waste your money on this one.
2 people found this helpful
on December 10, 2017
Love it. Sleek and useful. I put three or so picks in at a time...and they're always right there when I need it. Putting more than three makes it very difficult to get them out. I think they advertised up to 5 pick capacity...which is a little misleading...but I use thicker picks (.88 to 1.14) so maybe that's why. Also, I use Dunlop picks that have a very rough grip so that might be part of the problem, too. They don't slide in and out as easy as a smooth pick would.