Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 195 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 205 reviews
on January 7, 2017
Cotton next to the skin is comfy but not warm in freezing temps. Cotton absorbs moisture which then chills in the cold. You need wicking materials to move that chilled moisture away from the skin. I knew this but still ordered. My bad. Shirt is comfortable around the house but I really felt the chill outside. The 25% merino wool outer layer will not compensate for the 100% cotton against the skin. Sticking with wicking materials.
on March 3, 2015
Pro: The fabric with Merino wool does a nice job of keeping you warm. It's comfy.
The label is Is pressed into the fabric.
Con:
The sleeves shrunk by 2 inches. I have a Duofold purchased several years ago and the sleeves are still the correct length.
I have not changed my clothes washing procedure. Maybe if you order the next size up?
on March 11, 2017
Compared Duofold's Double Layer Thermals and FX MAXHEAT Soft Fleece Thermals.

Duofold Double Layer thermal is mainly cotton and wool. It's thicker so it feels comparatively warmer.
Launders easily but with wrinkles.
Fits comfortably with a looser fit.
Crotch hole.

FX MAXHEAT is made of a combination of fleece inside and polyester outside. It's pretty warm for how thin it feels.
Launders easily like a dream with no wrinkles at all.
Fits comfortably with a tight fitting stretch to show off what you got if desired.
No crotch hole.

When hiking I plan to use Duofold, for everyday use I use FX MAXHEAT
on March 8, 2014
Overcompensate by getting larger than you need.

I already had a Duofold cotton\poly thermal in XL size. It fit great. SO I bought tow more of the dual layer with the 100% Cotton Inside Layer, 65% Cotton/25% Merino Wool/10% Nylon Outer Layer. The arm and body length shrunk a good two or three inches, making it uncomfortable to wear.

I have long arms and could wear larges except for that. So I often buy XL. I did the same here. Unfortunately, the first one was the cotton/poly single layer and it worked out perfect. I bought the next two in the dual layer and it turns out I should have bought a 2X. Keep in mind I am only 170lbs.

I love the shirts and pants and the brand. You just need to allow for shrinkage.
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2017
Went to Faibanks Alaska in early March when the days were in single digits and the nights were down to -35. I wore this as my only layer (under my puffy and ECW coat) for extended periods outside both day and night (low to moderate activity). I was warm the entire time - even noticing some sweat after walking thru snow fields). Definitly did a good job for me.
on April 15, 2017
This kept me warm in Antartica in February (I had other layers too!) and was comfortable as layer one. Exactly what I hoped for. No idea what happens after 50 washings but after 1 it is still perfect.
on December 12, 2016
Awesome long johns, a great first layer or long sleeve shirt! These are the perfect mix of materials. We are big lovers of wool but the smartwool long johns are very expensive, so when I saw these I bought two sets for my husband. He lives in the long johns during our cold Colorado winters. I think the sizing runs big before washing, after washing and drying these fit more true to size. I could not be happier with these, I've even recommended them 5 times in the last week or so to family and friends.
on April 4, 2017
Purchased for husband whose old ones were finally fraying after so much use. He loves his new ones! They fit just like his old ones and are much more respectable. Glad they are still available!
on January 14, 2014
I first started wearing Duofold Originals in the early "70's. Read they were the official long underwear of the NFL back then. Just check the stitching inside their product. Virtually impossible they will tear or come apart. Wash after wash they hold up. Of course Merino wool does not inch no matter how sensitive your skin is. The wool though is on the outside layer. I rate Duofold number one, period
on March 29, 2017
Comfy and warm, but the price has gone up, so I am holding off on buying a second. Many happy days of skiing so far.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.