|Item Weight||11.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.6 x 2.6 x 6.8 inches|
|Item model number||BCL0125|
|Manufacturer Part Number||BCL0125|
|OEM Part Number||BCL0125|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Dupli-Color EBCL01257 Clear Perfect Match Automotive Top Coat - 8 oz. Aerosol
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon.
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dupli-Color Perfect Match Premium Automotive Clear Coat is an easy-to-use, high-quality, fast-drying, acrylic lacquer aerosol paint
- Features an adjustable EZ Touch 360 degree nozzle and a wide spray pattern for smooth, even coats
- Apply over any factory applied finish or Duplicolor Perfect Match Premium Automotive Paint
- Ideal for large touch ups, vehicle accessories, motorcycles, etc.
- For the final step in the exact color match process, and to provide additional gloss and protection, always finish with Dupli-Color Perfect Match Clear Coat
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Dupli-Color Perfect Match Premium Automotive Paint is an easy-to-use, high-quality, fast-drying, acrylic lacquer aerosol paint specially formulated to exactly match the color of the original factory applied coating. Ideal for use on all OEM paint surfaces, Perfect Match is available in a complete line of exact-match colors for current and late model import and domestic vehicles, making this product ideal for both small scale vehicle touch-up and for painting vehicle accessories. For the final step in the exact color match process and to provide additional gloss and protection, finish with Dupli-Color Perfect Match Clear Coat.
From the manufacturer
Easy to Apply
Dupli-Color Perfect Match
Protective Clear Coat Finish
- Dry to touch in 30 minutes/ Handle in 1 hour
- Features EZ Touch 360 degree nozzle
- Ensures maximum coverage
- Premium automotive paint
- Ideal for large touch ups
- Ideal for vehicle accessories
Perfect Match-Protective Clear Coat Finish
In 1938 Army Lt. Colonel Sigmund E. Edelstone had an innovative idea: selling touch-up paint for cars that matched perfectly to the original OEM finish. He started the business in his garage, filling touch-up bottles with bulk OEM paint purchased from paint manufacturers like Sherwin-Williams. Sigmund was never satisfied with less-than-perfect products. His business developed quickly and was relocated in downtown Chicago. Employees realized their work was always going to be personally scrutinized. Mr. Edelstone was also a patron of the arts. It is believed his artistic sense and his demand for perfection led to Dupli-Color’s success. For over 60 years, Dupli-Color has been known for its 'Perfect Match' in touch-up automotive paints. And has continued its founder’s philosophy of 'perfection' through new product innovations for both the car and truck refinishing, OEM and specialty coating markets.
- Perfect Match Premium Automotive Paint Dupli-Color Perfect Match Premium Automotive Paint is an easy-to-use, high-quality, fast-drying, acrylic lacquer aerosol paint specially formulated to match the exact color of the original factory applied coating. Ideal for use on all OEM paint surfaces, Perfect Match is available in a complete line of exact-match colors for current and late model import and domestic vehicles, making this product ideal for both small scale vehicle touch-up and for painting vehicle accessories.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I used this as a final coat to a repair using the Perfect Match primer and color coat as a base. All three products are totally compatible with each other so you won't get any crinkled surprises.
I let the base coat dry one week before hitting it with this clear. Just wanted to make sure that everything stuck.
Please make sure you do at least an alcohol wipe between the primer, color, and clear steps (NOT between coats however), especially if you drive around in between painting, as any wax or oils that find their way onto your repair will ruin paint adhesion. Avoid painting outdoors or on humid days at all costs. You will be rewarded with a fish eye and orange peel free finish.
It took 6 coats of clear to get an acceptable "gloss" over the color coat. You must take your time and allow each coat to set up (10 min)before spraying the follow up coats. The first few coats will look frosted-don't panic- just keep adding coats until you can see a gloss set up.
You must mask off any areas you don't want overspray on. I covered most of my 'front clip' for my repair. This stuff is designed to stick, and any over spray will have to be buffed off with a fairly aggressive compound. If you mask with tape, be prepared to sand and buff out the tape line-especially if you don't feather in the last few coats.
Like every paint repair, you will have to slightly expand the repair area by overlapping your spray target with each step. Shoot for 1/2" expansion and settle for 1" for each step. Resist the temptation to overlap too much or you'll end up painting the whole panel-just like many body shops want to do. I lightly wet sanded the color coat and expanded that slightly to the good factory finish with 2000 grit paper, just to give the clear something to grab onto when I feathered in the last few coats.
And speaking of buffing, in order to complete the blending process, you will need to buff with a power buffer and the appropriate compound (or series of compounds if you are fussy). To avoid any lifting, I waited another week after applying the clear to make sure it was reasonably hard. It was able to withstand some pretty heavy buffing at that point, and I was able to blend and match the PM clear to the factory gloss.